Quotes of the Week From HTGAWM, Marry Me, Family Guy and More

dw_qotw_11.23.14

Homemade cranberry relish or canned cranberry sauce with tin-can stripes? It’s just one of the tough calls you might have to make this Thanksgiving.

Lucky for you, the smorgasbord that is TVLine’s Quotes of the Week lets you have it all… great retorts, one-liners and zingers from a wide variety of shows.

This time around we’ve got a culinary delight from Modern Family, a journey to Middle Earth on How to Get Away With Murder, a Seussical interlude on Once Upon a Time, double doses of The Good Wife, The Originals and Marry Me — and much more!

So click through the gallery below for the full roster of quotes, then hit the comments and share any great one-liners we inevitably missed.

1. Al says:

How about Mellie and the STD comment

• Alichat says:

This. That line was hysterical. Although, part of me wanted Mellie to run into Andrew first and go for the jugular. Now, he knows she knows. He’ll avoid her like the plague.

2. buttercupp85 says:

In the best and most emotional SOA ever….how are there no quotes this week?! There’s so many to pick from!

3. wonderwall says:

I feel like you guys should just rename this whole segment to Felicity Smoak’s + Other character’s quotes of the week :p

4. Guest says:

Mellie’s should have replaced Felicity’s.

• Pete says:

why do people act like this is a competition? lol Seems to me its all in good fun, and they tend to get a lot of the good ones.

• wonderwall says:

It is a competition, Pete. And Felicity won ;) Just kidding! No but seriously, I feel like instead of replacing Felicity they should’ve just added another spot lol. ‘Guest’ is probably pissed Felicity’s on here more than how Mellie isn’t.

• S. says:

Who the heck is Mellie?

• wonderwall says:

She’s from Scandal. IMO she’s the best character on the show because I find the other characters to be kind of insufferable. Which is probably why I stopped watching considering Mellie is usually on screen for less than 5 minutes.

5. Drew says:

I can’t believe I’m rolling my eyes at Felicity Smoak. This week’s episode was so bad, it made me realize how much danger are are in of ruining her character.
    I want good old Felicity back. Smart. Funny. Great sidekick. Fun friend to all. I want the one from The Flash.

6. Briggs says:

I love that, almost consistently, both CW properties produced by AK and MG have quotes featured every week. And those who (still) feel the need to complain about last week’s Arrow ep, there won’t be one this week, so you can relax.
    I can also guarantee we won’t have a Felicity quote (or any Arrow quotes) this next week… because they aren’t airing a new ep this week. :) But next week is the crossover! Woot woot!

• Drew says:

I am a fan of the show. Have been a fan since it premiered. I love the high quality and great care put in. But when there is a downright sloppy episode, I have at least as much right to comment on it as the fangirls who insist on using high school name mashups for every friggin romantic pairing on TV.
      They harmed Felicity this week and showed us a future where shoehorning her into the role of romantic lead turns her into everything that people dislike about Laurel. So yeah. I comment. But don’t worry. For the first time ever, I pointed out a bad episode of this series. But don’t worry. I probably won’t complain this week.

• Briggs says:

*snort* First of all, I’m not an insane fangirl. I had my own issues with some eps this season. But I totally understood why they were doing what they were doing, and just because you didn’t like it doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good episode. My issue with you is that you chose to reiterate your complaint *in a new comment thread.* We heard you the first time.

• Drew says:

Me just having a difference of opinion would be, say, my thinking that Malcolm should have stayed dead. I disagree with bringing him back, but it happened and it is what it is.
          What I didn’t like this week was sloppy, lazy, just plain bad writing. The episode relied on Oliver smashing an arrow with a hammer… Why would he do that? Why would Cupid expect him to? I spent more time this week thinking about the writers than the characters, and that is a very bad thing.
          This is a comment section. I am responding to what was said in this article. If you don’t want rerun comments, don’t read two articles that talk about the same episode. Problem solved.

• Briggs says:

You’re responding to a quote, not the episode. And repeating yourself. The quote itself isn’t really that bad, but somehow that necessitates an encore from you. Having an opinion is one thing. Being a broken record is another.

• Drew says:

Said the person who just repeated them self.

Why don’t you just write up your rules and regulations about what we are allowed to say and when, and we can get to work on making the world work according to your will.
            Every week there is some variation of the “you should name this article after Felicity!” comment. Every time an episode airs, I have to sort through dozens of fangirls swooning about their name mashups. I hear the same comments about how bad Laurel is, blah blah blah. It goes with the territory.
            I did respond to the quote here. It was a cringeworthy moment that set the tone for an episode that tore apart the Felicity character. How is this any different than if I had said “Felicity was great this week!”, except that you don’t want to hear it?

• Briggs says:

I thought you liked repetition…
            You are still responding to a quote with another review for the whole episode. And, if you’ll notice, my comment had more to do with the producers of *two shows* than Felicity. Stop trying to make what is a fun feature for *many* shows into your own personal soap box. I don’t know what you’re trying to prove, other than not everyone likes Felicity. Which we kinda knew already.

• Drew says:

Do you even comprehend English? I never said that I don’t like Felicity. Felicity is a great character who brought a lot to the show. What I don’t like is them turning her into a mindless hooker just so they can play up some juvenile romantic drama.
            Felicity is great. The character that they wrote this week was not Felicity, which is a perfectly relevant comment to make in response to the horrible moment that they featured in this article.
            Your reaction to all of this is fascinating.

• Briggs says:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but you’re still rehashing your feelings on the episode (which you discussed *at length* in the recap with other people) in a feature that involves several shows. The Arrow fans already heard you, and those that don’t watch the show might not care.

7. Heh heh says:

“See that Stefan? Even the bear knew.”

8. GildedRose says:

LOL Felicity Smoak always gets the best lines, though I think the comment to the dress she walked away with was probably my favorite in that scene.

• A says:

One of the EPs said on twitter that that Felicity line as she walked away with the dress was an ad-lib by Emily Bett Rickards :)