Penny Dreadful Season 2: Ethan and Vanessa Cozy Up in First Photo

Penny Dreadful Season 2

Are Penny Dreadful‘s Ethan and Vanessa out of the woods yet?

RELATED Penny Dreadful Adds Patti Lupone, and More Season 2 Casting News

Showtime on Friday released the first image from Dreadful‘s upcoming second season — premiering sometime in 2015 — which finds Josh Hartnett‘s character comforting Eva Green‘s against a forest-y backdrop.

The drama’s first season ended with Vanessa facing the possibility of a future as a normal human, and Ethan transforming into a bloodthirsty werewolf — so, really, there’s a lot of comforting needed all around.

RELATED Video: Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 ‘Bang-Fest’

Peruse the Dreadful new photo below, then drop a comment with your hopes for Season 2.

Penny Dreadful Season 2

1. Geo says:

Eva Green could spend all of season 2 reading the phone book, and I’d still be there. Can’t wait!

2. bytemebill says:

I am SO looking forward to Season 2 and hopefully more “wolfy” Josh Hartnett!

3. Brigid says:

Can’t wait to find out the date of the season 2 premiere. This show was awesome last seson and Josh Hartnett is so darn sexy! Vanessa is amazing, she has chemistry with every character. Eva is a great actress!

4. LABete says:

Ooh! Vanessa looks like she might’ve gone through another fight with her Demon. I’m torn between wanting her to finally win and wanting her to keep her special powers of insight into the souls of men. I can’t wait for season 2!

5. Robert says:

Season two can’t come soon enough! I am dying to see.how they deal with the new threat.

6. Kevin says:

This show is amazing already bought s1 on blu ray. So can’t wait for s2

7. James says:

With Josh exposed as a Werewolf his role could become more horror cliché next season especially when he finds out Billie Piper has become a Frankenstein Bride.

8. easy ed says:

I can’t wait for season 2 eva green is smoking hot she rocks this series she’s absolutely brilliant

9. Rebecca says:

I see the first season characters as sort of a rag-tag family so I would like to see them become close but on a brother-sister level.

10. Aubrey says:

I can’t seem to get enough of Dorian Gray ( Reeve Carney) such a beautiful man , so alluring and words cannot begin to explain my draw to this character / actor. Just amazing . Looking forward to season 2 and all the new scenes. I absolutely adore this show.

• Curmudgeon says:

Well, Dorian is shown as a gay man in several scenes, not the least of which the hot nude scene with Ethan and, yes, Dorian is HOT. I would marry him in an instant

11. terri davis says:

Very exciting show out there, need more like it.

12. Thorin'sEvenstone says:

What a brilliant show, perfect cast. Can’t wait to watch Vanessa and Ethan get closer and to see Caliban with his bride !!!

13. Curmudgeon says: