Glee Moves to Friday in Final Season

Glee

Glee will take its final bow on Friday nights.

TVLine has learned that Fox’s musical-comedy will kick off its sixth and final season with a two-hour episode on Friday, Jan. 9. The following week, it will settle into its regular Fridays-at-9 timeslot.

The two-hour series finale will air on Friday, March 20.

Earlier this year, Fox trimmed Glee‘s final-season episode order from 22 to 13.

For the rest of Fox’s midseason schedule, click here.

1. well says:

Hahaha I knew they would put this ratings bust on friday

2. Rook says:

I know I’m going to hate myself for watching even after the lower than low last season. But I’m still hoping for a satisfying ending.

3. Sara says:

How sad…

4. Sandra says:

I wish they wouldn´t even air it. All the spoilers about this season sound awful. At least on friday no one would see it.

• Paul says:

Why do you care if someone is watching it?

• I believe that Sandra did care about Glee.

• Sandra says:

Because I used to LOVE the show but the bad writting and constant character assassination have destroyed everything I used to love about it. According to the spoilers next season is going to keep doing that in a really terrible way. It makes me really sad how they ruined one of my favorite shows.

• abz says:

Well then, you should stop and keep your memory of the show where it is, while the people who want to see this final season however good or bad it may be will do so.

• Missy says:

you have the freedom not to watch it .

So why should others not get to see it like said you have freedom to change the channel when it airs.

Those of us like myself who will DVR it on Friday if I’m not home and watch are in no way harming you what so ever by watching ig

• KC says:

I’ll see it!

• aph1976 says:

Since it sounds like you won’t be watching the final season of Glee why do you care if other people.As for it being on Fridays Glee do well that night.Plus Fox could always move it to another night like Tuesday or Wednesday as they get closer to the final episodes.So just because Glee’s final season begins on a Friday doesn’t mean it will end there.

5. Tran says:

Hope the final season of Glee won’t pull a Fringe on the Friday Night Dead Zone for Fox.

6. Kay says:

Friday? Yikes….

7. qj201 says:

“Fox puts final nail in Glee by moving it to Fridays”

8. KC says:

Fantastic! Much earlier than I expected. Can’t wait!!!

9. Brandy says:

Not surprised. Will DVR and watch it til the end!

10. I hope and pray that Glee will go out as a winner.

11. BGM says:

It’s fitting that Fox has finally nailed the coffin shut, because anything good about Glee died a very long time ago.

12. roki says:

you know what? i know glee is not what it used to be and the storylines have been a trainwreck for the last 2 seasons, but i’m still rooting for the casts. i’ll still watch it even tho i can’t watch it live

• You must be a very loyal Glee fan to sit and watch the show. I can’t wait to see what new role that the Glee cast will get after the last show.

• abz says:

Same here. I’m sticking with it till the bitter end. I want to see how it’ll end, good or bad. I may not watch live, but I’ll catch up with it when I get the chance.
      Hope to see Lea Michele back on TV soon or making music or something. She was great on Sons of Anarchy even with the very limited screen time.

13. sam says:

How the mighty have fallen.

14. doesitnatter says:

finally!!! it was on 5 seasons too many!!!

15. Jack says:

Tough to believe how far this show has fallen. The writing used to be so much better but they pretty much ruined every character as the show went on. I think the awful ratings reflect that and it’s not a surprise the show got pushed to midseason on Fridays with not as many episodes as a usual season was for the show. I miss the original cast and sad how not many of them are even regulars. And of course we’re all missing Cory/Finn. It was going downhill anyway, but now it’s really not the same without him.

16. Ally Oop says:

I might actually watch this cause it’s on Fridays. Nothing else on.

17. MattySi says:

This doesn’t surprise me considering Friday is the timeslot of death and Glee is already ending after this season. I mean since everyone knows it’s ending why not put it on Friday and give the better timeslots to returning or new shows that could go on.

I loved this show from the beginning, mainly for the music, and will miss it dearly. I am glad that this season is going back to its basics because it definitely lost touch with new writers were brought on and Ryan Murphy went to focus on his other amazing ( including the cancelled too early The New Normal) projects.

18. Jared says:

Poor Glee. Going out on with a whimper

19. Tvgeek says:

I’ll watch because it use to be awesome… And I want to see it threw to the end. But, I wish they’d bring back Jesse st. James for the final season.

• MattySi says:

I agree. I love Jonathan Groff. He’s on Looking though so he probably wasn’t available. That and I feel like they wrapped up with his character a while ago. Bringing him back would just be weird. But I do miss him.

20. Fernanda says:

This show would end online. After the horrendous storyline between Karosfky and Blaine as a couple after he knows about the bullying against Kurt, or the possible romance between Rachel and Sam, this show is not longer my favorite. Cory’s death really change the tone of the show, more idiotic, boring, souless with bad song selection. Thank god I own season 1 and 2 on blu ray, these are my only great treasure and memories about this show. The rest of the seasons are death to me. Finchel forever. RIP Cory RIP Glee

21. Para Lin says:

hmmm… glee? so 2009

22. Ian says:

Wow. Yeah. Its clear the network is just burning the entire final season off in 3 months. Probably wont even last that long, itll go to DVD after the first couple of episodes with the ratings having dropped even more.
    And its so silly too, what the writers have done. They didnt even craft a final season anyone wants to watch! The show could have gone out honoring these characters and hopefully brought back old fans that have hated what the show has become. But the spoilers are all out there, and its terrible. Theyve purposelly decided to stick a middle finger up at anyone left that cares at all.

• Olivia says:

Except for Brittana, it’s exactly the feeling I get from the spoilers.

• KC says:

Oh no, Britttana is the worst! I mute my a TV when they are on

• Ian says:

A once great show that was a true blue phenomenon, reduced to an embarrassment people and the network cant wait to be rid of. Its crazy.
        Why would they even give anyone Brittana, when they dont care to respect anyone else and make them happy?

23. Karen says:

It just cracks me up how many haters there are that feel they have to constantly snark about Glee. If you don’t watch it or think it sucks, why even waste your time on reading articles about it? I still like it and will watch it to the end, but if I don’t watch something, I won’t comment on it. In the words of Bill Shatner, GET A LIFE!!!

24. Steve F. says:

I feel bad that Glee is going out with a whimper on the Friday night death slot. If anything, I hope that it goes out with style.

25. Joseph A says:

Anyone less surprised that Glee is getting moved , and even more so that its still on the air ?

26. gwennie49 says:

I still love the show, there are good parts in S5 and realy bad ones. But i love to hear and see Rachel on the screen, and i will watch her till the end! I realy hope her storyline will be good and we will see all actors back from the first 3 seasons. A shame they did put new newbies in it, for me it wasn’t needed at all.

27. retsim says:

Used to love this show for the musical numbers but started to lose interest when it was all about Rachel and her massive ego .I hope the last season will be more about the others in the cast and back to the big production songs. It,s had it,s time thanks to the writers of poor quality TV who treated it like a soap opera .Hope it goes out with a bang ,not a whimper.

28. Ian says:

I doubt theyll even try and promote this last season much. Extremely low last season ratings, a friday time slot, and tremendously negative feedback from spoilers, so there isnt much point.

29. Meghan says:

Wow, Fridays!? They are really trying to burn off the show. IMO the show should have ended after season 3 with many of the original cast graduating. That finale was great and really felt like the last episode of the show. Now everyone has hooked up with everyone and the writers are running out of ideas…

30. I always joke . says:

Ryan does not care what the fans say . He just wants money money money !! Hey im Ryan I only care about money . Lea you have to be naked . Sure says lea michelle . Ill get 23millon you get 1 miloon . Satana says the fan asking for some more drama in it . Nah says ryan . Im only joking so dont get all cracked up !!!!!!

31. I always joke . says:

I hate glee !!!!!

32. Atlanta Ga says:

Thank God! This show has gone from a 10 to a 1 thanks for the true colors of Ryan Murphy shining through. This show is now simply disgusting. So bigoted and closed minded. It is amazing. At best, the time slot needs to be moved to midnight after children have gone to sleep (alas DVR). But thank God this abhorrent, once adored show will be gone. It makes me physically sick when I watch. Thanks to DVR at least I can now just zoom to the singing and be done with it.