Exclusive

Harrowing Homeland Sneak Peek: Saul's Nightmare Worsens — Can Carrie Save the Day?

Loading video...

Saul Berenson’s worst week ever shows no sign of letting up.

In this Sunday’s Homeland, the freshly recaptured former CIA chief finds himself reluctantly co-starring in one of Haissam Haqqan’s signature home videos — and we have an exclusive first look at the unsettling footage.

Press PLAY above and then hit the comments with answers to these questions: Do you think Saul will find a way out of this no-win situation? Are you worried the imminent prisoner exchange will serve as his swan song? And do you agree with buzz that Homeland is in the midst of one of its strongest seasons yet?

1. Jake says:

For me Season 4 has been kickass so far. Really enjoying it this reboot for the show has done wonders… Carrie, Quinn, Saul and the CIA guys with Lockhart, Martha and John have been fun to watch. I also like the ISI people…it’s cool to see the two sides playing their games. As for Saul, I think he’s going to make it just cuz I don’t see this show killing off Saul so he’ll be alright. My girlfriend wants to see Carrie & Quinn hook-up and I can’t say I haven’t thought about that especially in last episode when Carrie & Quinn were talking in their apartment, I seriously thought something was gonna happen LOL… Hopefully the show will give fans of those two something to sink their teeth into (maybe a kiss?? or more??). Anyways, Season 4 has been wicked good. Last night’s episode was mind blowing. On the edge of my seat! P.S.: I hope the show gives Quinn more to do b/c it seems like he’s being relegated to the OPs room going by the 4×09 teaser scene. With Brody finally gone I hope they don’t shove Quinn into the background, he and Carrie are so much fun to watch when they go all badass spies on everyone.

2. Matt says:

I think Saul is a goner. I thought that when Mandy was on the Colbert Report and said he plans to run for prime minister in Israel when season 4 is done and now that season 4 is going on it looks like they are getting ready to kill Saul.

3. Mel says:

Except for last week, this season has been brilliant. I loved the first two seasons, hated last season, and this may be my favorite so far. Let’s see what happens to Saul!

4. John Moshier says:

love the show but the saul story is getting old its time to kill him or save him

5. Tran says:

If Saul won’t survive, where does Season Five go from here? This season of Homeland in my opinion really bounce back after the disappointment of Season Three (RIP Brody). The last four episodes of Season Four will blow everyone away and how will Homeland move forward with or without Saul.

6. michael Johnson says:

I also believe Saul is gone. In his 60 minutes interview, he said he plans on going back to Broadway, and then they show him rehearsing a play.

• Ann Marie says:

They are working in South Africa, and it is not all year to film these episodes. Mandy P. has plenty of time to do a stint on Broadway. He loves what he is doing in Homeland. I agree with other comments about this year’s being so exciting.

7. FLmaggie13 says:

I was getting bored with this season, then last night I was on the edge of my seat the last 15 minutes. I really thought Saul was going to pull the trigger and I didn’t blame him. I couldn’t believe that Carrie was leading him into a trap, kept thinking I was just seeing things incorrectly. I am not sure to bet on who will be Carrie’s next partner in the horizontal mambo – Quinn or Khan. I do want that ISI witch to have a horrible demise – gunning her down is way too good for her. Dennis needs to die miserably as well.

8. nikki says:

I really do not understand if they had the Taliban tagged why she couldn’t see what was on the other side of the door. Couldn’t he hide in the building and lay low. surely there was a way to rescue him if the Pakistani dislikes the Taliban. anyways I do love how they have moved on from the Brody storyline. It is homeland at it’s best. Bring it home in these next 4 episodes. I particularly like Khan … adored him in Smash. really don’t care for any romances rather than action, scrutiny and good story of both sides of these worlds.

• Alichat says:

She knew what was on the other side of the door. She intentionally lead him there to be recaptured.There were too many of them. The Special Ops team was too far out and with so many of Haqqani’s men there, they would be killed as well.

9. jose says:

I think about Kahn and Carrie, something will happen between them. Also I think Kahn will start playing both sides (in a slightler brodyesque way), and we got a hint of that at the end. He is pro-Pakistan and moderately anti-American, but also anti-Taliban, and some fighting within the Pakistani factions in government will certainly take place and only grow as we progress in the series. At some point I thought Dennis would confess (to John) and be forced to become a sort of Brody (I dreaded that possibility, enough of Brodyism, which sort of killed the show in season 3), but now that Kahn has informed Carrie the best thing for the series is that he is put down.

10. Mere says:

i love homeland! This season started off a little slow. With the change with no more Brody’s and a whole new plot. But I knew it would get amazing and it did!! Claire danes is phenomenal I just love love this show. I hope we get another 6 seasons PLEASE

11. Lisa says:

Ok, so I get that there are people that like homeland for the spy stuff, the action, the intrigue. I, however am all about relationships and I couldn’t believe that the writers killed off Brody. Still can’t. For me, the rest is all background. The plot this season, other than the hallucination, has been meh. #bringbrodyback #youcanfindaway #rememberdallas?

12. Lynne Carner says:

Saul gone, killed? OFCOURSE NOT!!!! Carrie (and Quinn) will Save him….HOW?…..how can we possibly know! LOVE HomeLand!!!! Hang on to your seats!!

13. Cindy says:

i believe Saul will get out with Carries help and then replace the current CIA director. If not there’s no justice and I’m not watching Homeland any more.

14. Jan says:

LOVE this show! Such quality TV – great plots, characters, actors, music, editing – the lot! Thank you! Claire Danes you’re superb! Cheers, Jan. Perth, Australia

15. K to the c says:

if they kill off saul I’m never watching another episode again