Quotes of the Week From Gotham, Supernatural, Castle, Mom and More!

Quotes of the Week TVLine

Wintery weather is sweeping the nation, but TVLine’s Quotes of the Week is hotter than ever!

This time around we’ve got an ornithology lesson from SNL, theater musings on Supernatural, footwear commentary on The Newsroom, hairstyles of the not-so-rich-and-famous on The Walking Dead and much more.

(Did we mention double doses of Selfie, Person of Interest and Castle?)

So click through the gallery below for the full roster of quotes, then hit the comments and share any great one-liners we inevitably missed.

1. Tran says:

Quotes from SNL, 2BG and Mom were hilarious. Think Michael Che of SNL is one of the breakout stars this season. He and Colin Jost are Weekend Update’s new “bro-mance”.

2. mupp says:

“Don’t abandon me” “Never” – My favorite from this week.

3. I says:

As far as I’m concerned, that whole episode of Supernatural could be a Quotes of the Week article unto itself.

4. Sara says:

No quotes from the brilliant Tig/Venus scene? Shame.

5. DarkDefender says:

Interesting Castle choices.. Although most of the really good ones were throwback lines from seasons 1-3. I thought for sure those perfect wedding vows (though lengthy) would have made it here. Still my favorite exchange was Between the boys and Castle:
    Ry/Espo (one of them asked) “Where were you between the hours of 4 and 6 am?”
    Castle: (giving Espo wink and a nod & a high five) “In bed with Beckett!”

6. Netty says:

Enzo takes the cup for me..even though he was torturing Tripp, he sounded hot as hell!

7. Drew says:

My vote goes to Supernatural’s line about Adam being stuck in the cage. With one comment, that guest star reopened an old wound and poured a bunch of salt in it. It wasn’t a funny line, but it was a huge kick in the junk that proves that this ten year old series has some power left in it.

8. Mary says:

Both Castle quotes for me…adding the non-quotes wedding vows (they were amazing!):)

9. It is also absorbed very rapidly and goes into your blood stream.
    People like having a variety of cosmetics to
    fit any occasion, and the stores are always full of new things to try and that can be a fun way
    to spend a day when people have extra time on their hands.
    Its pull up pot likewise be put-upon as a moisturizer for cosmetics.

10. anon says:

I loved Booth’s of Bones “gateway swear word” quote, i must remember that one for future reference ;)

11. evababy says:

Too bad you don’t watch Black-ish. That show is consistently quotable and most of them are funny out of context, unlike some of these.

12. Josh says:

I actually hated that Caitlin comment. They need to get a firmer grasp on her character and not make her Felicity. In the beginning she was older and stronger, not the type of woman who’d fumble over her words because she called a guy hot. Caitlin would and should own up to having sexual desires.It’s very backwards.

There is also a bit of sexism in it, as if a girl can’t call a guy hot but Cisco can droll over a woman to her face.

• Briggs says:

I think you took the line the wrong way. Caitlin doesn’t want Caitlin to be Felicity, either.
      And if Cisco weren’t drooling all over the girl, there would even now be people wondering if he’s gay. Could he have been more restrained? Maybe, but then he wouldn’t be Cisco. There’s no win, is what I’m saying.

• Josh says:

Not saying that Cisco drooling over the girl is wrong(though not outwardly fawning over her to her face doesn’t make him gay, it makes him a guy who isn’t a creeper), what I’m saying is that I really didn’t like how the show pretty much made it seem like Caitlin was somehow embarrassed by the fact that she found a guy hot. And it’s something that happens with Felicity too. She gets all stammered and flustered.

Girls are allowed to flat out say, “Yup, he’s hot.” without being somehow ashamed of it. And the show seems to think that a girl needs to revert to quirky and embarrassed whenever they do.

• Briggs says:

Not saying I thought he was gay, just that some would say it.
          As I’ve stated, I think it was more to keep the Arrow people in mind than anything else. You’re reading too much into something that was meant to be a throwaway comment.

13. Briggs says:

Arrow isn’t featured at all, and *still* Felicity gets a mention. There are no words for this kind of geek happy. :)
    Incidentally, I think this was just for Flash fans to keep the Arrow crew in mind for the crossover, not something that was meant to define Caitlin. So I wouldn’t read into it.

14. Rich Abey says:

That Castle quote from Becket: “Why do you always have to touch everything?” made my day even before the episode ending wedding came around!