More Mindy Project: Fox Orders Six Additional Episodes

The Mindy Project Season 3 Additional Episodes

Diamond Dan lap dances for everybody!: Fox has ordered more episodes of The Mindy Project.

The network announced on Friday that it has added six additional episodes to Mindy‘s current order, bringing the Season 3 total to 21.

The order suggests that Fox has faith in the comedy, which has struggled in the ratings this season.

Per Fox, Mindy averages 3.1 million viewers each week and sees significant gains when DVR viewing is factored in.

Are you happy to get more Mindy? Sound off in the comments!

1. Ray says:

Suck it, haters!

2. I’D LIKE TO THANK GOD AND ALSO JESUS

AND WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT NOW THAT KEVIN IS GONE.

3. dsm says:

Love this show! The only comedy that actually makes me laugh. Go Mindy!

4. Leah says:

Wait so this season was originally only gonna be 15 episodes?! Blasphemy!

5. Zach says:

How the frick is this still on the air?

6. Moment says:

Season 4 just became a certainty. Syndication saves the day.

7. David4 says:

Struggling in ratings this season? It’s always struggled in ratings since season one! Ratings wise and creative wise the show should have never been given a back order in season 1!

• Slowride says:

Actually, this show is proof that some shows just need a little time to grow. It’s become one of the best comedies on TV thanks to that back order that gave it time to do so.

It’s too bad that neither the networks, nor the viewers give a fair shot to shows anymore. This one is lucky network-wise and that’s good for the fans that stuck with it :)

8. KC says:

Ugh! FOX is so desperate. This show needs to end!

• aeileen says:

And why is that? It’s one of the best comedy i’ve ever seen. It’s witty and well developed; Mindy Kaling did a great job.

9. cmunney says:

To quote the great Homer Simpson, “Jesus Allah Buddha, I love you all!”.

10. Allee says:

This show is the best! And yes all the haters can go back to their holes now!!!

11. Mehvash says:

Yessssssss!!!!!!

12. JR says:

Love Mindy and really enjoy The Mindy Project. It’s the only comedy that I DVR and watch weekly. Excellent news!

13. Sarah says:

What the…?

14. I’M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MINDY KALING DESERVES EVERYTHING GREAT!

15. ames says:

Well I know what I am grateful for this thanksgiving…more Mindy!! Hopefully this means another season is guaranteed because of syndication!

16. Kim says:

Woo hoo! Yee haw!! :-)

17. Spoiler Junkie says:

Awesome news.

18. Katie T says:

Yeeeeeeesss! I’ve been praying this would happen! Just finished season 2 here in the UK and it’s definitely become my favorite comedy this year

19. Tran says:

Mindy Project is still not my cup of tea and one of the shows you’re still not watching. Try not to get mad at me.

20. ABG. says:

Try every season. I like the show and this feels like a no brainer for the Network. It’s low rated but consistent.

21. MM says:

Smart choice :)
    Mindy Rocks!

22. kd83954 says:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really didn’t think FOX would order more episodes!!! THIS IS AMAZING.

23. Mario says:

You know this is so Fox can give it a half-season “final” season 4 in 2015 and make it to syndication, with the crazy optimism that the network that continues to air Mulaney will somehow have enough decent programming to replace The Mindy Project for the 2016 season. My prediction: Season 4 of The Mindy Project will air January 2016, it will have a series finale that May, which they will then have to write around when they are unexpectedly renewed for another half-season Season 5. This show will keep plugging on just like Parks & Rec did, and for the same reason.

• Ari says:

I was just saying that I think TMP is the new Parks and Rec. They’ll constantly be on the edge but somehow make it through another year. I’m so glad Mindy got the additional episode this year!

• Allee says:

It needs a 21 episode season next year to make it to syndication. I would guess they’ll get it. I’d also guess there will be a hiatus this year, as with last year, due to Idol and/or Glee. I’d guess neither will return next year though.

• Moment says:

Absolutely right. There was some uncertainty, because the ratings are kinda low and without this 6 episode renewal it would have needed 27 episodes for syndication. Giving it 6 episodes now, just means next season can have 21 episodes to conclude, NBC will get the better of the deal as they own the show.

• Mario says:

My count was that with these 6 it needed just 12 more, but I have no trouble believing that I was wrong. I stand by the prediction that the network intends that the next season will be the last, and that they’ll reverse themselves when their new shows don’t pan out.

24. Maya says:

I am so happy. TMP has become one of my favorite comedies and so glad that FOX is showing faith in this show.

25. I am glad that Fox order six more episode of The Mindy Projects. I hope that Fox will renewal the series for the next season.

26. Franchesca says:

Ummmm hell yeah im excited. Woooowhooooo baby!!!!!

27. Sarah T. says:

So happy to hear this! I didn’t realize until recently that this season was an “abbreviated” one. To me, this show has only gotten better as it goes along and is even navigating the Danny/Mindy relationship well. Something other shows have failed to do (I’m looking at you, New Girl). Too bad Fox can’t pick up ABC’s selfie and put that on Tuesday night with Mindy Project. They would be a good compliment for one another.

28. jenna says:

yes!!!! I need more ike barinholz in my life

29. jo jo jo says:

woohoo best show!

30. I.R.E. says:

Is this 21 episodes a full-season, should that be 22 instead?

31. Guesty says:

Wonderful news!, I am sooooo happy, I really love this show.

32. Hedora says:

Thrilled. Look forward to show every week. One of the few that I often watch twice (the second time with cc on just so I don’t miss a word).

33. Lindsey says:

I am so excited this had been given a full season! This made my Friday complete. This show is my favorite of all time. It is a sweet and well written. I can mentally escape and just laugh every week watching it.

34. Tiera says:

BEST NEWS EVER!! What a great way to welcome the weekend. The Mindy Project is such a great show, and is one of a short list of shows I still watch live.

35. jenn says:

Yes! Love love The Mindy Project … wishing her and cast all the best and continuing success!

36. Cheri says:

Best sitcom on TV right now! My b/f knows if I’m in a bad mood, all he has to do is turn on The Mindy Project! Mindy Kaling is so talented…I can’t wait to see next week’s episode and whatever project Mindy takes on in the future.

37. Audra says:

The Mindy Project is quality tv. It is the perfect blend of intelligent humor that doesn’t take itself to seriously. Love it, please pick it up for season 4!!!!

38. Robin Maclennan says:

yes my favorite show of all!

39. Ben says:

Awesome news!

40. Danni says:

YEAHHHH BABY!!! My favorite show is fighting strong!! Its so great!

41. The Mindy Project is such an awesome show! So thrilled to hear about the additional 6 episodes, but honestly they deserve to have more. There really isn’t anything like it on tv. Not to mention the amazing cast and how many hot guys can there be all in one show?! Mindy Kaling, you are hilarious, you rock!

42. Sarah says:

Woohoo! Great news :-D

43. Joey Padron says:

Great news! This season have been great so far.

44. Netty says:

I really enjoyed season 1 and 2 more than this season, hope it picks up

45. Sharon M says:

I love it!!! PLEASE don’t take her brilliant and hilarious caramel Princess face of the network for years to come!!!

46. That’s right…More, More, Mindy funniest, wittiest most entertaining new-ish show on TV. Half an hour once a week not enough :) Love this show!!

47. Abby says:

I think I’m most surprised they didn’t have a full season order to begin with. The show is so good! I obviously missed that post!

48. rachelle says:

Whoop whoop! Mindy is crack.