The Mindy Project Taps Lee Pace as Mindy's First [Spoiler]

The Mindy Project Season 3 Cast Lee Pace

Mindy Project fans, you’re about to meet the man who first Crtl+Alt’d Dr. Lahiri’s V.

Pushing Daisies star Lee Pace will guest-star on the Fox comedy as a successful tech entrepreneur — and Mindy’s first sexual partner, E! Online reports.

RELATED Mindy Kaling on Mindy Project’s Pivotal Pair: ”I Love You’ Is Not Their Issue’

When Mindy knew Pace’s character, Alex, he was a nerdy college student. Now, he’s a millionaire (and rather good-looking, to boot).

Pace, who currently stars in AMC’s Halt and Catch Fire, is booked for only one episode as of now. (Read: He probably won’t pose a giant threat to Danny and Mindy’s relationship.)

Pace is the latest in the rom-com’s roster of Season 3 guest stars, which also includes Save the Last Dance‘s Julia Stiles, Fargo‘s Allison Tolman and Getting On‘s Niecy Nash.

Are you psyched to see Pace on the Project? Are you hoping for flashbacks to Mindy’s college days? Drop a note in the comments!

1. caro says:

OMGG, love love Lee Pace, genius, amazing actor, love Halt and Catch fire, the best series ever, very happy for this

2. kiks says:

fantastic casting! This season of The Mindy Project has been nothing but brilliant. I love the way they have handled the Mindy/Danny relationship! Always so unpredictable with every episode.

3. Ricardo says:

The Philosophy of Buddhism: Buddhist philosophy accepts the inevitability of disease, death, and emotional pain in a human’s life.
    After purchasing a quality sofa, you want it to last for many years, no doubt.
    BUY IT king-sized $1,300, queen-sized $1,100

4. kd83954 says:

OH MY GOD. This season has been AMAZING with guest stars!!!

5. Mare says:

-sliently prays for more than one episode arc-

6. Kat says:

What’s the likelihood of Mindy getting extra episodes/renewed for next season? I’m growing worried with the numbers…….

7. Eric says:

As someone who loves TMP and considers Pushing Daisies his favorite series ever, this makes me glad.

8. Ben Kabak says:

LOVE HIM!

9. Cassandra says:

Love Lee Pace, Love TMP, this is fantastic news. Hearing this is the first time I’ve seen any downside to Mindy being paired up, but she still needs to be with Danny, they are doing a great job writing a couple that still is funny.

10. Ian says:

Love Lee Pace, but how realistic is it that all these hot guys seem to want Mindy? Kaling’s a bit of a Lena Dunham at this point.

• Eva says:

It’s just as realistic as anything else happening in any sitcom. It’s her show, who wouldn’t pretend-tap these hotties in her place?

• Tenney says:

Mindy is a smart, funny, successful, beautiful woman. Why wouldn’t a hot guy want her?

• Chelisa says:

It’s mentioned that when she was involved with this Alex character he was a ‘nerdy, college student.’ I’m assuming he wasn’t as desirable then as he is when she presumably encounters him again. As for the other partners she’s had, most of them were good looking but they were kind of lacking in other areas…

• Ozma says:

How realistic is it for all those comedies starring not very attractive comedian males to ALWAYS have hot wives/girlfriends?
      Why shouldn’t Mindy have been with these men?
      And why not Lena Dunham for that matter too.

11. Sarah says:

i loved him on pushing daisies! so very excited for this!

12. Carol says:

Sweet – Love Lee Pace, a slice of pie for everyone!

13. Guesty says:

Great guest star for TMP show, MK is so smart. I wonder what will happen when Mindy and Alex meet again.

14. rachelle says:

I loooove Lee Pace. He’s adorbs and a fantastic actor. I’m so happy he gets work like crazy. He totally deserves it. But every time I see him, I get sad cause Pusing Daisies! If you wanna put your eyeballs on something awesome, you should watch it!

• Miranda says:

Just the mention of some shows just makes me sad – though they were wonderful but left us too soon: Pushing Daisies, Deadwood, Happy Endings, Terriers, ENLISTED! Oh how my heart still yearns for more Enlisted….

15. Shawn Smithwick says:

I’ve never watched The Mindy Project before, but have been meaning to check it out. Having Lee Pace on the show is all the incentive I need to make that happen. He is spectacular. I’d watch him read the phone book.