The Osbournes Returning on VH1

The Osbournes

The Prince of Darkness is rising again.

VH1 is reviving The Osbournes — a reality show about Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne’s family, which originally ran on MTV from 2002 to 2005 — for a fifth season, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATED Longmire May Get New Life Via Netflix

In addition to The Osbournes being largely responsible for today’s current wave of celebrity families on reality TV — here’s looking at you, Kardashians — the MTV docuseries also scored an Emmy Award in 2002 for Outstanding Reality Program.

Since their show was cancelled 10 years ago, the Osbournes have remained prominently in the public eye: Sharon is a co-host on CBS’ The Talk and was a judge for the U.K. version of The X Factor; Kelly appeared on Dancing With the Stars in 2009 and currently co-hosts E!’s Fashion Police; and Jack has taken part in a number of successful reality TV projects.

The Osbournes is slated to return sometime in 2015.

The question is: Will you welcome The Osbournes back into your living rooms? Drop a comment with your answer below.

1. M3rc Nate says:

Who knows in terms of its watch-ability or if its just reality garbage like most everything else, BUT it is a pretty cool thing to do, the Original reality show that started it all coming back, and everyone is 10 years older…granted we know what they are all up to which kinda kills the freshness of it, but still….in 50 years the idea of someone watching the original reality series (that started it all) and then being able to watch its revival version that released 10 years later…thats pretty cool…seeing how their lives have changed, how they have grown up, etc.

• Shazay says:

Wake me when they revive The Anna Nicole Show. Anna Anna Anna Anna Anna Nicole, she’s so outrageous! What a great theme song!! Genius!

2. matty says:

I purposely missed it the first time around and won’t be watching this time. That family makes my skin crawl.

On another note if VH1 wants to revive a former reality franchise, I’d suggest they go with something more like The Mole (even The Celebrity Mole) or the long overlooked Road Rules.

• Christian says:

OMG I thought I was the only one who missed Road Rules. While all my friends wanted to be on The Real World, I always dreamt of riding in the winnebago and performing crazy stunts in exotic locales!

3. Jared Munson says:

Sharon also was a judge on America’s got talent for many years

4. Tran says:

Bring on more bleeps.

5. keith says:

Sharon said ozzy wished he could do the show now that he’s sober.

6. beth says:

The original reality show that started them all was the real world on mtv

7. Marsha says:

Yes, I will watch,. I think Ozzy is one of a kind, talented. Sharon has a head for business and can be very entertaining too. Kelly and Jack had to grow up on tv and it is nice to see them become responsible adults.

8. Sam says:

Such a shame. Kelly and Sharon are vile.

9. Mary says:

Really, enough with these stupid reality shows. I know they are cheap to do but does the world really enjoy watching this crap. They wonder why nobody watches TV anymore. It is sad really.

10. TBA says:

I thought they all signed a DNR.

11. ScottJ says:

I go out of my way to not watch anything that these people show up on.

12. arial2 says:

Good for them. One of the only reality shows I enjoyed.

13. GermanFatAss says:

Yeah, I’m gonna watch it! I like Ozzy an he’s a very cool guy in spite of his health problems. Rock’n’Roll!! \m/

14. Pat Powers says: