Exclusive

Nashville Adds Hot, Mysterious Doctor in Season 3 — But for Whom?

Nashville Season 3 Spoilers

Will Nashville‘s newest addition prove to be just what the doctor ordered — or a dose of bad medicine?

RELATED Nashville Photos: Will the CMA Awards Be Rayna and Luke’s Undoing?

Nick Jandl (Hulu’s The 4 to 9ers) will recur as Dr. Caleb Rand, a direct-but-charming physician who becomes intimately involved in the lives of two of the show’s key characters, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Of course, Dr. Rand’s specialty — which will ultimately determine which characters he becomes involved with — remains a mystery. Could he be Juliette’s new OBGYN who drives a wedge between her and baby daddy Avery? Or could he be a new love interest for Will, thus complicating his sham of a marriage to Layla even further?

Jandl’s TV resumé includes roles on CastleHot in ClevelandLaw & Order: LA and more. On the big screen, he played Jim, the brother of Ryan Reynolds’ character, in 2011’s Green Lantern.

Any guesses as to who Dr. Rand will be working “intimately” with? Drop your theories in the comments section below.

1. Tedi says:

Juliette already has a very nice OBGYN plus that would be too easy. Shot in the dark ummm Deacon? Or Layla?

2. zac says:

with Layla and maybe they’ll ride off to the sunset never to be seen again

3. Jill says:

It’s already been spoiled that Deacon is going to become really ill. I bet this is his doctor and he’s going to hook up with Scarlett. Either that or Rayna, but Rayna doing that to Deacon while he’s dying would spell the end of this already problematic show.

4. Thomas says:

You can’t call this one? It’s for Scarlett. 100% guaranteed by Storytelling Contrivances Of Nashville.

I’m very sad now. These people will end up getting their show cancelled through the sheer force of their idiocy.

5. Ian says:

Hmm. Scarlett’s still without a love interest, so i think if Deacon gets sick, the doc will get in with her while she supports her uncle.

6. Jakay says:

I was hoping Will would get a decent love interest and decide to come out, but reading the comments, I guess it must be Scarlett. Ugh. I didn’t know Deacon was going to get sick. Talk about a contrivance. Rayna will have to rush to his side before he shuffles off this mortal coil and confess her true love to give him a reason to survive. Cue the violins.

7. Robb says:

I say it’s Jeff Fordham and it becomes a love triangle between the new doc, Jeff + Will…

8. Whatevah says:

Yeah because we don’t have enough characters on this show. pfft….

9. sarah j says:

Well to me intimately means romantically but I guess that is not the case. So I can see him being Juliette’s OBGYN. However I am not sure how that will lead him to be involved with Will but I am all for it.

10. Ava Sawyer says:

I don’t care who he gets involved with as long as it is not Juliette. Juliette and Avery need to get back together soon, they’re the best pairing on the show. I am so sick of Rayna and Will, in fact I find Rayna annoying and I think Deacon has dodged a bullet ! I can’t believe Gunnar and Zoe are still together, he would be better with Scarlett.

11. MC says:

Based on the promo for the fall finale, I’m 99.99999% sure it’ll be Deacon’s doctor and Scarlett’s love interest.

12. We all know now its going to be deacons dr. Will they pair the doc with Scarlett? I hope not, perhaps Reina. She seems to run to bed with every man on the sow, so possibly. It would def. be a new low for her, but it would not surprise me. It won’t be Wil because he has already found his love interest (the bartender)