Community Season 6: Paget Brewster, Keith David Added as Series Regulars

Community Season 6 Casting

Plucky Community‘s sixth season, which will stream on Yahoo! Screen, has added Criminal Minds alum Paget Brewster and onetime Enlisted man Keith David as series regulars.

As reported by TV Guide Magazine, Brewster — who last January guest-starred on Community as Greendale’s IT department boss, Debra Chambers — is formally boarding the series as a different character, college consultant Francesca “Frankie” Dart. David meanwhile will play Elroy Patashnik, a retired scientist looking to “reinvent himself.”

Brewster’s other recent comedic credits include appearances on Key & Peele and Drunk History, and Modern Family. David’s other on-camera TV credits include Scorpion and The Cape, while his myriad voice work/narration gigs include Adventure Time, History’s The Bible, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and Community’s Season 3 outing, “Pillows and Blankets.”

Community’s Jim Rash Previews a More ‘Outdoorsy’ Season 6, Pitches Game of Thrones-Themed Episode

1. Weren’t you on The Cape?

• I’d like to see Community do something that references The Cape (maybe an episode in which they all become superheroes or something). The whole sixseasonsandamovie thing started because of that short-lived show, so it would be appropriate to address that.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Could be fun to do an AIRPLANE!-type running gag, where he constantly denies it — until you claim that he doesn’t try except during playoffs.

• If Abed could break the fourth wall, he’d be the first to notice it. Somehow, though, I think he’ll be more focused trying to figure out which one is the evil twin, Francesca or Debra, or something like that.

• shutuprob says:

Not only that, but Abed would also probably be wonder if Annie could be Francesca/Debra’s biological younger sister (Brewster and Brie look enough alike that they could certainly play sisters), put up for adoption due to some sort of affair. I mean, it’s a trend on Grey’s Anatomy, after all. Also, one of Brewster’s characters should have a side job as a photographer for SuicideGIrls.

• Angela says:

I would LOVE this. And yes to shutuprob‘s suggestion as well-Paget and Alison do look like they could be related, yeah. That could be a lot of fun.
            So happy to have Paget back on one of my favorite shows! Especially since she’ll get to interact much more with the cast as a whole now that she’ll be a series regular. I look very forward to this.

• Angela says:

Blergh, sorry for the excess bold in my above post. My mistake.

• It’s been SOOOO long since I saw Airplane! that you stumped me. I had to search to be reminded of the reference, heh.

2. Dizzle says:

Two great comedy actors, yahoo really are throwing some cash at this venture, can’t wait for it to be airing!!

3. Kat says:

So happy about Keith David-he’ll fit in perfectly! RIP Enlisted sniff sniff

4. Bridget says:

OH MY GOD!! Paget is so amazing THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!

5. Dean says:

I only know Padget from Criminal minds and saw her one episode of modern family. She really does have the chops to do comedey.

• Jooshua says:

Really? I knew of Paget Brewster because of her stint as Joey and later Chandler’s girlfriend Kathy on ‘Friends’.. when I saw her on Criminal Minds I was like “Wow, she can do more than comedy!”

• Patrick says:

Andy Richter Controls the Universe. It was one of those great shows that perished during that time when the Nets didn’t fully grasp what numbers constituted a successful show. She was on it, and she was fantastic.
        I hope this is a love interest for Jeff. I would love seeing Annie and Brita get riled up by Jeff having a legit love interest.

• topoopon says:

This is what I was going to say. That was one of the first in a longer line of single camera comedies if I remember correctly.

• Angela says:

…ooh, I kinda like the idea of her and Jeff hitting it off. Depending on how she plays her character, I think she could match his snarkiness in a good way.
          Yeah. That could work.

• Saoirse says:

ARCTU was freaking awesome! Sad it was cancelled, and I’m glad she’s a regular in a comedy again!

6. David4 says:

Keith David is awesome! So this is good news.

7. Joey says:

Myriad voice work primarily as Goliath on Gargoyles!

8. Casto says:

Great additions. My first exposure to Paget was as a comedic actor in “Andy Richter Controls the Universe” and she was great in it.

9. Barbara Pordes says:

wish Paget Brewster had not left Criminal Minds in the first place. Why do actors leave successful well-paying jobs? Will never understand that!

• Angela says:

Well, the jerking around by CBS might’ve had a wee bit to do with that. I miss her on that show, too, but after all that back and forth I can see why she might want to move on.

• Alice says:

CBS screwed her and Aj Cook over big time, not to mention she was fired THEN forced to come back. It’s understandable that she’d want to leave a toxic enviornment…

10. ArchieLeach says:

Are we going to find out how Abed got in the Captain America movie?

11. bar says:

Oh goodness, kill this show. Desperation is showing. (And no, I’m not a Community hater. I’ve watched every episode, but I know when it’s time for a show to die.)

• M3rc Nate says:

Its free, you dont have to watch, and odds are they are giving it one last season written and run by the guy who created it (Dan Harmon)….how in the world is that a bad thing? I would agree if Joel was gone and Alison Brie was gone and Dan Harmon was gone and Yahoo was just trying to use the name “Community” along with some of the remaining cash to get the people who watched Community to watch the show so they check out their new Yahoo streaming service…but thats not the case. Its Dan Harmon, the same cast as from the previous season on NBC (except Shirley cause the actresses father died)…and now they are adding these awesome funny actors?

I will never complain when you add a smokin hot, funny, fantastic actress to a awesome show (community). And they did with Brewster joining.

12. Joey Padron says:

Great additions to the show. Can’t wait for season 6 to start!

13. Chase says:

Looking forward to seeing Paget as a regular in a comedy series again. It’s been too long.

14. Reblogged this on Situation Podemy and commented:
    Yo! Keith David is being added to Community!!!??!!? tune in to episode 57 where the boys at Situation Podemy weigh in on the moves being made by Yahoo! Scree