Sneak Peek: Chicago Fire/P.D./SVU Uniforms Clash in Crossover Event

Chicago P.D./SVU Crossover

Dick Wolf characters unite!

Like a superhero team-up, the firemen, police officers and detectives of NBC’s Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and Law & Order: SVU join forces this week for an unprecedented three-show crossover, and some angry sparks are going to fly among the crimefighters. (Hey, even The Avengers had their spats.)

The action kicks off on Fire this Tuesday (at 10/9c), the executive producer explains in TVLine’s first look video, when Severide rescues a victim who’s in possession of a mysterious box. That brings in P.D. detectives Voight and Lindsay, who then travel with Halstead to New York for the SVU hour (airing Wednesday at 9/8c). Following the episode, two strong personalities — SVU‘s Sergeant Benson and Voight — butt heads on P.D. (at 10/9c).

“If you pull that crap again, I promise you: I will arrest you,” Benson warns the morally gray detective.

Press PLAY to watch stars Taylor Kinney, Sophia Bush, Mariska Hargitay and more preview the cross-shows storyline.

1. Coal says:

Last years “major” Chi Fire/ Chi PD that whole bomb explosion at a hospital thing made me thing it was a backdoor pilot for Chicago Med.

• Hmm says:

I think it was supposed to be; sort of like floating the idea and if the response was good they would’ve gone for it. In the end they scrapped the potential addition to focus on the two shows at hand (Fire and PD)

2. Hmm says:

God bless Dick Wolf, for real.

3. Mark says:

Fire is the only show of the 3 I watch – I don’t like cop shows – so I guess I can skip this week’s episode.

• HeatherC says:

I don’t think the majority of the crossing over will happen on CF this week (I think the main story is just introduced on CF) so you might want to watch just in case. I think the majority of crossing over with the characters will be between CPD and SVU.

• shea mandalay says:

Chicago PD is the only one of the 3 I watch, but I’m going to tune into the other two. It turns a TV night into a special event, like inviting your friends over with pizza, popcorn and beer to watch some shows with you. And it can be fun to sample other shows, try something new. I’m certainly not going to skip an episode of PD just because it means spending two hours watching TV shows I don’t usually watch, and miss an epic event and great story.

4. HeatherC says:

I watch all three of these shows every week so I’m very excited about the crossover event. Thanks for the sneak peak! =)

5. keith says:

If I just watch svu will I be lost?

• shea mandalay says:

I’d say yes, because SVU is the middle of the story–you’ll be missing both the beginning and the ending. I don’t watch SVU or Chicago Fire, but I will this week. It’s a special event, and promises to be fun and epic. So I’d suggest tuning into the other two shows. Worst case scenario, you got the whole story, you got to see your SVU characters on another show, and you tried some new shows. Best case scenario, you love the new shows you tried and have whole new series to look forward to. I figure if I love SVU, that’ll give me 16 seasons of TV! (And I haven’t liked any of the new shows this year, and only Chicago PD from last year, so I’ve got room on my roster.)

6. shea mandalay says:

I’m so excited, this is going to be an EPIC TV event! And so glad Lindsay and Halstead are on SVU, they’re my favorites.

7. Will says:

So, if I watch JUST Chicago Fire, will I still benefit? Ha

8. Alyse says:

I normally don’t watch svu, I so watch Chicago Fire and pd, but im watching it this week for this. I can’t wait for the crossover.

9. Kimberly allred says:

im stocked I can’t wait for the three show event. I think it will be exciting. High Five to Dick Wolf. His three best shows join forces this is Awesome. Love it.

10. Kimberly allred says:

I think Dick Wolf is genius for doing this three show crossOver event. It’s a brilliant Idea. ✋ good for you @WolfFims

11. Franca says:

How do they expect the viewrers who do not watch suv but watch chicago pd to follow this particular story?

12. maria says:

I watch Chicago PD and Fire and SUV but i don’t live in the USA so i have to watch it online could someone please tell me witch one of these three it is and witch episode?

thanks

13. Oliviea says:

I only watch C.F. regularly and SVU on occasion. But i have a problem with the fact that in my area SVU and C.PD are on at the same time. For some reason there is a rerun of the mentalist in SVUs time slot. I just love when people in power have their heads up some place that isn’t on their neck. Granted the schedule wasn’t correct today so maybe its just wrong lol