Exclusive

Hell on Wheels Sneak Peek: Cullen and Campbell Go Toe-to-Toe

Hell on Wheels Season 4

When Hell on Wheels returns tonight after a month-long hiatus (AMC, 9/8c), Ruth Cole has a lot of explaining to do.

Following her decision to shoot Sydney Snow in the drama’s last episode, Ruth now faces legal trouble — and Governor John Campbell isn’t taking it lightly.

In TVLine’s exclusive sneak peek below, Cullen and Campbell discuss exactly how Ruth will be held accountable for her actions. And try as he might to protect her, Cullen seems to be fighting a losing battle.

Press PLAY on the video below for a sneak peek at the episode, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. JT says:

No video. Guess it does not work on iPads. Glad the show is back tonight.

2. Leonard says:

Hell on Wheels will be missed greatly!!! Besides the best show WD, what western series will fill the gap? Hell on Wheels needs to go on for as long as WD!!!

3. hud says:

I am a avid viewer of this show. However the ep 11/8 made no sense. The writing was all over the place,the idea of putting Ruth in jail where did that come from? See no point in the “Govner”. Just feel it a shame that this program is coming to end in such a bizarre manner, schedule wise. I would think the networks would see merit in programming like this and take some action. But I guess that’s a fool’s thought…

4. Fargo says:

Whoa – poking eyes out and eating them, cutting a leg off – Holy cow – this was the most gory Hell on Wheels yet!!!! My feeling is Ruth is going to be hanged. I think she has run her course with this show. In fact I feel that she won’t be the only one. I suspect there will be a cleaning out so new characters can come on board for next season. And to end up the final season I feel sure Cullen will get back with his wife and child in the last episode.

5. Candace Short says:

I like following the syory line but last night was a little too gruesome for me.

• mick says:

I too have enjoyed the storyline over the seasons, but this last episode kick-off was not only unecessarily gruesome, it was barely credible with the amputation of sydneys leg, lanky marshall eye gouging/eye spitting out. then of course, ruth going to jail and facing charges for the likes of the low-down, church-burning murderer…as if. I was looking forward to the final episodes, but after watching this one, I think I’ll skip the rest. I think the writers and producers are getting carried away and taking far too many liberties for the sake of ratings.

6. connie says:

I can’t believe Cullun will let 5 his happen to Ruth. If their going to hang her than Campbell should be hung along side of her. Sid was a wanted man by Gen. Grant and not to mention 2 children he killed plus how.many others lost their life at his hand. And Campbell knew all of this when he put a badge on him. I would think thete be a price on his head. Usually “Live or Dead”. Ruth ought to.be getting that bounty instead of Campbell hanging her. I think he’s trying to save face amoung the people.