The Good Wife: 10 Burning Questions That Are Driving Us Crazy!

Good Wife Season 6 Spoilers

Stressful. Unpredictable. Scathingly funny. Decidedly dense with plot. Those are just a few of the ways we’d describe The Good Wife‘s whirlwind sixth season.

So many schemes and machinations are underway — Alicia’s decision to run for office, her rival’s prosecution of Cary, her marriage’s transition from loving to politically convenient — that a number of intriguing plot threads have had to take the back burner.

With November sweeps upon us, however, we’re hoping resolution is nigh. How do Diane and Cary really feel about Alicia’s run? Is love in the air with Finn? How about Ramona? And whatever happened to Kalinda’s [spoiler]?

We’re asking the tough questions in the gallery below, so click through it, then hit the comments with your own theories — plus the open-ended arcs you’d like closed!

1. Paolo says:

Another burning question: why Alicia and Kalinda haven’t shared a scene in more than 30 episodes?

• Denise says:

I’m convinced the scene that will break the streak will be Kalinda saying goodbye.

• Rob Bowling says:

I agree. If the rumors about julianna margulies & Archie Panjabi’s real-world conflicts are 50% accurate, we will be lucky to see an goodbye in person. I am hoping!

• kathleen smith says:

does anyone but me worry that her finale will be her death? she is taking chances because of her feelings for Cary. Bishop is deadly. They all knew that too, but glossed over his murderous behaviors so they could take his money. Very naive. Of course it came home to roost. Hows that “domination” of the legal market working for them now? Very unrealistic, really. Clients would be fleeing.

• Denise says:

I don’t think they will kill her off so soon after last season. Otherwise, I’d be so worried for both Kalinda and Cary! The most likely scenario for me is that she changes her identity and leaves town. According to next week’s episode description *stop reading for mild spoilers* he is approached by the Feds about cooperating with their Bishop investigation, maybe she steps in to save his neck. I’m just glad this storyline is coming to an end. It is so stressful.

• Sophonisbe says:

Immediately what I thought when I read the title of the article. I still like the show but it’s always on my mind when I’m watching it now.

2. goldilocksloves says:

Well since Archie is done at the end of this season (contract not renewed), safe to say we will probably being seeing Robyn back before Kalinda leaves, however that might be.

• johnny says:

I agree. I hope she appears sooner. At first I was reluctant about Robyn being an investigator. But in subsequent episodes i found her fun and capable.

3. DW says:

So many questions on this greatest of shows. I think that it is very strange that Cary and Diane have had no reaction to Alicia’s campaign. Always before even the thought of Alicia leaving meant the end of the firm. It is even more strange for Alicia and Finn to have been so friendly. It just didn’t seem right with Finn going after Cary. Now that he’s resigned maybe Finn can help Cary against the weasel Castro. I think Castro did tip off Bishop to have the witnesses killed. Castro is evil personified. I don’t think Cary will go back to jail because of Kalinda but I do think something will happen with Peter and Ramona. Finding out what happened to Nick may be the way Kalinda exits the series. This season is the best for TGW with Cary’s story the most interesting and dramatic of all. I just hope Cary is fully vindicated before too long and as it is getting to be nerve wracking.

4. Michelle says:

Ehhhh I would not call Alicia and Finn’s chemistry “hot”. But they’re fun to watch.

5. Walter Freeman says:

“How do Cary and Diane feel about Alicia’s run for State’s Attorney?”

Good grief. This nonsense again?! It’s not a burning question for anyone with half a brain. The only people who do care are overly literal know-it-alls who can’t read between the lines.

6. Denise says:

Other questions:
    – How is Diane’s marriage going?
    – What happened to the adoption lawsuit from S5?
    – What happened to Clarke Hayden? I know Nathan Lane is busy but his character has not been mentioned a single time. I doubt his character wouldn’t come running if he heard of Cary’s trouble!
    – Why did Louis Canning and David Lee vacate the offices without much of a fight? Are they planning some large-scale revenge on the firm?
    – Where’s Taye Diggs’ character?

7. Daisy says:

Didn’t Finn quit last week? Conflict resolved, right?

8. Brock says:

I’ve been asking many of these myself and they’ve been driving me crazy. I find a lot of these questions so surprising because it’s not like The Good Wife to keep these types of points unanswered. I’d excuse it from any other show, but not this one.

9. Jared says:

Ive watched The Good Wife since the pilot but I just dont believe that Alicia Florrick would have any desire to run for States Attorney, even if the polling made her a good candidate. With that said the fact that she just started her own law firm a year ago makes that whole storyline hard to believe. On another note I love Kalinda but the fact that she hasnt had any contact with Alicia for awhile isnt such a big deal to me. The Good Wife has some of the BEST writing on TV period but I dont think they knew what to do with the character.

10. Zenobia Jackson says:

This season has been a real let down…especially considering how good last season was. I am hating the whole State’s Attorney thing..it makes no sense for Alicia to run. Cary’s arrest troubles seem to be a way to keep his character off the front of the storylines.

• johnny says:

Finally! Someone who sees it like I do. This story line is just unbelievable. I mean in 4 years Alicia gets equity partnership (ok). Then starts own firm on her 5th year (awesome!). Then runs for state’s attorney, just when she is building up her career? It really throws the awesomeness of the previous seasons out the window. What a letdown. I hope she loses the race.

11. Jose says:

Why does everybody immediately thinks that Peter is sleeping with someone? Yes, he is a man in a position of power and he is not a priest but come one, every single time we see Peter interact with a female character since season 1 people just assumed that he is gonna sleep with them. and since season 1 he has NOT slept with ANYONE but Alicia… What gives!?

12. John says:

The good wife is the most satisfying show on the air right now. It’s just exhilarating how well done these past two seasons have been.

13. Tim says:

Did you all know that the soundtrack is available on amazon mp3!

14. Stefan says:

Some of these questions are obviously plots yet to be resolved – like Peter’s relationship with Ramona or that of Alicia and Finn. However, some of them do seem like plot holes and they’ve been bugging me all season long and therefore preventing me from enjoying my otherwise favorite show. And that really sucks, because with TGW I’m used to best quality TV. It really makes no sense for the show to not address what happened to Robyn and most of all what will happen to the firm if Alicia wins. It’s about time she had a talk with Cary and Diane. Thanks, TVLine for the article. Hope it makes the Kings see that fans are unhappy about those issues.

15. Jenna says:

One more burning question..is Finn sticking around now that Matthew Goode is joining Downton Abbey? Will he do both shows?

16. shadester says:

I disagree. Its better than ever. This show is always fantastic.

17. MattySi says:

I have definitely been curious about Diane and Cary’s feelings about Alicia running. It’s hard to believe we wouldn’t see them react whether the plan is for Alicia to win or not.

18. Betty Hall says:

I loved this show, The Good Wife, from the first episode of the first series. It seemed to get better and better with each series and when one series ended, I waited with baited breath for the next to begin. That was until this latest series. Everything is out of wack. The characters have been wittled down to clucking chickens or should I say sheep, especially Alicia. In earlier shows her character would never have even considered running for DA and to so easily succumb to Eli’s diva-like control was unacceptable- “ok” – OK? I was sickened, The whole show, in my opinion fell apart. I kept tuning in because I was hoping that in the next episode Alicia would tell Eli to shove it! Hasn’t happened. Kalinda, one of my favorite characters has been wittled down to a messenger – threatening Lemond with taking his son away; her former character would never had done such a stupid thing, she was too smart for that. Cary to a … I don’t know, I feel really bad for the actors. They have proved how fantastic they are in prior series and I feel are doing there best with the idiotic lines they have to spout. What happened to the show when the other lawyer died? The show died as well. No reprieve in sight. Did you lose the original writers? Those on this latest series should also be gone. My favorite show and you have killed it. Where was Ridley Scott when this series was produced? Probably running in the other direction. No sense to the story now. I am still holding out hope that if there is another series in the works that Alicia gets back on track and kicks Eli out and gets serious again with practicing law. Oh, and that guy from the DA’s office – Alicia’s love? interest – her’s got to go. My favorite show and you have replaced the personalities with imbeciles. Get back on track guys! You had a great show and you have blown it. I am really sorry and sad. Great actors – and you are bringing the show down to the level of a soap opera.

19. Sharon says:

To retain her share in the partnership and build her equity, Alicia becomes and inactive partner while in political office.

20. fan1am says:

To retain her investment in the firm and share any gain in equity, Alicia becomes a silent partner while she is in political office.