Girls Season 4 Trailer: Hannah Slapped! Jessa Arrested! Shosh Unemployable!

“No one is moving to Iowa ever,” declares Marnie, kicking off Girls‘ official Season 4 trailer.

But Allison Williams’ alter-ego isn’t entirely right, as we learn in this 90-second promo. In fact, maddening protagonist Hannah has already made her way to the Midwest — and discovered that grapes can be a satisfying snack and that house parties can involve wrestling in a kiddie pool of blue goo.

Other revelations: Jessa gets herself arrested. Marnie is still playing the role of “other woman” with musician-actor Desi. And Shoshanna continues to be a source of dazzlingly uncomfortable comedy via her search for gainful employment.

Oh, and in case you were worried, Hannah and Adam are still together — though suddenly, he’s looking in the mirror and not liking what he sees*. (*Not his netherregions, though.)

Girls‘ Season 4 premiere is slated for Sunday, Jan. 11, 2015 (9/8c).

Press PLAY for the full trailer, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Jared says:

Super excited about this. I love this show.

2. Jared Munson says:

I think I’m the only one in the world that can’t stand Lena Dunham.

• Trust me, you aren’t the only one.

• Wouter says:

You’re kidding right?

• DidntWork says:

I can’t stand her. And it’s not because off all the usual reasons, it’s because I’m just totally sick of the media, and frankly Dunham herself, pushing her and her crappy, self-involved, naval-gazing writing as the voice of her generation. No, she’s SO NOT my voice. Indeed, I find her to be a bizarre mixture of completely unearned and unwarranted adulation with an unusually large helping of sanctimonious ego on top.

• Can I quote you? I don’t know when I’ve ever seen Dunham summed up so perfectly. Kudos to you!

• Ashley says:

Personally I’ve always got the sense that she doesn’t see herself as the voice, but is being paid to create something and isn’t going to pass that up. I think the famous “I might be the voice of my generation” is a nod to all the media bigwigs looking for the next buzzy thing (and finding, rightly or wrongly, her) and the “or at least a generation” a self-knowing acknowledgement she’s not and it’s stupid to suggest one person alone could be.

• Anna says:

No I’m right there with you

3. Nate says:

Oh god i miss this show

4. webly3 says:

I’m really excited for this.

5. DavidSask says:

Looks good, and you know right now many people want to be giving that slap lol

6. dan says:

Why is this show not canceled after she confessed in her own book to sexually molesting her own sister for 10 years?!?

• Ashley says:

Because that didn’t happen

• Reality says:

Yeah, because she never described herself as a “sexual predator,” talked about bribing her sister with candy for kisses on the lips, and talked about using reverse psychology on the girl by making her feel unsafe unless cuddling in bed with Lena. There are several other things, but I don’t think they are appropriate for this forum. You can deny it all you want, but the truth is out there, courtesy of Dunham herself.

• Kylie says:

You realise she was like 7 years old when this happened right? I’m not saying it’s appropriate behaviour but she was a child hence, her actions couldn’t have come from any sexual desire for her sister. Her flippant language about it is the most unsettling thing about it, like it’s a funny little story about how weird she it. I personally didn’t find it amusing. That being said, I love Girls and enjoy Dunham’s writing for the most part.

• Ashley says:

Yeah she’s acknowledged that the way she wrote it was inappropriate but ultimately Grace read the book beforehand and it seems fairly clear it was just a case of a kid playing doctor. It was weird, I’m not pretending otherwise, but it’s not a ten year period of sexual molestation.

7. JB Smooove says:

is this the season where she inappropriately rubs up against her sisters thighs in bed? oh, that’s right, that happened in her real life. ugh, creepy.