NBC to Stage A Few Good Men as Live Primetime Event

NBC Few Good Men

You can’t handle this news story! Or maybe you can. Read on and find out.

NBC is eyeing a live staging of Aaron Sorkin’s play-turned-movie A Few Good Men, Variety reports.

Craig Zadan and Neil Meron — the duo behind NBC’s Sound of Music Live! and upcoming Peter Pan Live! — are shepherding the effort.

Per Variety, Sorkin would likely tailor the play for the TV staging.

Details on casting are TBD, but let’s get the ball rolling in the comments: Who should succeed Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson and Demi Moore in the primary roles? Hit the comments!

1. alex says:

Jensen Ackles

• Shazay says:

Thats a great idea for casting! I’m yawning at the idea of this production though. I liked the sound of music, I’m not interested in Peter Pan, and I’m wouldn’t bother watching this. BUT, I guess it would depend on who they got to play the roles…..I guess.

• Drew says:

He did this play a few years back, so he could do it. But his Supernatural schedule probably wouldn’t allow it.

• jane4me says:

Um..no, thanks. Oh my God the fans are already here. Actually hope that they have a couple of great guys in mind that are way better and at the same time really talanted, serious and deep actors.

• Kathy says:

Sorry you’re not a fan, or maybe that you think women fans are stupid. Your comment was pretty dismissive of anyone who is a fan of the show or the actors. But the critics (whom we presume to know something about acting) praised his performance of the play. So, yeah, maybe the ‘fans’ know something about good acting and story-telling instead of just admiring someone who’s good looking.

2. jerzygirl45 says:

I like the idea of live plays on TV. I would definitely tune in for this.

3. S says:

I would absolutely watch this! This could be phenomenal!

4. Lyn says:

Sean Feris in the Tom Cruise role. Scott Patterson filling in for Jack Nicholson.

5. Nicolas Mancuso says:

We should get some stars in there who have a Broadway backgroud: how about Raúl Esparza, Sarah Paulson, and Brían F. O’Byrne?

6. Andrew says:

Maybe “12 Angry Men” next?

7. Ryan says:

Stephen Lang for Jessup!!! He originated the role on stage

8. Michele says:

Jensen Ackles or Stephen Amell would be great in Tom Cruise’s role. Not sure about someone to play Jack Nicholson’s role that one always seemed more iconic. Can’t imagine anyone off the bat doing it justice. But I would watch this. I love the movie. Wasn’t interested in the Sound of Music or Peter Pan but it’s commendable that they are trying things live.

9. TVFan says:

NBC use Jesse Lee Soffer in there somewhere.

10. kirads09 says:

Um. No thanks. Rather watch the Tom Cruise/Nicholson classic.

11. cp1945 says:

I like Scott Foley for the Tom Cruise role. When he was Command he had the appeal and the gravitas for the part.

• Andrea says:

Yes to Scott Foley or Jesse Lee Sofer! Scott did a military role for The Unit, and I liked that show. Jason Beghe (also of Chicago PD) makes me think of Jessup. I will watch this if it airs.

12. I hope they don’t change the play too much. It’s a really fantastic show (probably better than the movie) and messing with it too much could spoil things.

13. Rob Lowe, he performed this in the West in London a few years ago. Was very good in the role too.

14. Jensen Ackles got great reviews when he did this play I’d love to see him in it.

“Interestingly, it’s Mr. Ackles who really sets off the fireworks in this A Few Good Men. He’s slick and funny, but human underneath. His stage technique is nigh onto perfect – and this is a guy who’s been working steadily on large and small screens for a decade.*”

Give him a chance!!

15. Alyssa says:

Jensen Ackles!!! Like his wife Danneel said, he already knows all the lines. 😊

16. Stephanie says:

I actually think Jensen Ackles would be excellent in the Lt. Kafee role. And he’s done the stage production.

17. Sintia says:

Jensen Ackles!

18. JVal says:

Jensen Ackles!

19. Hafsa ateef says:

Definitely jensen Ackles … He has done it once on stage … N he ll rock his role..

20. KB says:

Jensen Ackles. pretty sure people have said this but he did it before and he would be really good but there might be conflicts with him filming Supernatural but he would be great

21. Jensen Ackles as Lt. Daniel Kaffee AS he already did do the play :)

22. Vick says:

jensen Ackles! 😃

23. Melanie says:

Jensen Ackles…great actor and he rocks the uniform! I’m married to a marine so I know how important bearing is for this role.

24. marykapa says:

Jensen Ackles

25. marykapa says:

Jensen Ackles!!!!!

26. Anna says:

Jensen Ackles!!!!!!!!!!!

27. vanessa says:

I really do think that JENSEN ACKLES will be perfect for Daniel Kaffee. He had done the play before, in 2007 and his wife claims that he still do remember the lines. And his appearance fits the role as well.

28. Sara says:

As others have said-Jensen Ackles would be terrific in this role. I so wanted to see him when he did it on-stage in his home town a few years ago, but knew that I’d never get to-so this would be like manna from Heaven for me. He’s a great actor and looks fantastic in the uniform-as another poster mentioned-military bearing is a huge part of wearing the uniform and Jensen has that in spades.

29. Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site
    before but after looking at many of the articles
    I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely happy
    I discovered it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back often!

30. sarah gallimore says:

If his Supernatural schedule will allow it, it should be Jensen Ackles. He was excellent in the stage role!! :D

31. natali says:

Jensen Ackles

32. metaluck.com says:

A period of rapid inflation expanded and cooled the Universe, resulting in a state in which matter and
    energy tend to be or less evenly distributed across the whole Universe.

It isn’t too difficult to develop sweet tasting tomatoes
    with your greenhouse natural environment with a little knowledge.
    Led grow lights china It may be possible to get triple or quad flash LED lights
    for emergency vehicles.

An LED plant light, rated at eighty watts, supplies an equivalent level of lighting compared to that which a 400 watt superior strain sodium (HPS)
    light would deliver. Able to operate on varying wavelengths to
    make light on various spectrums,LED grow lights, greatly known for raising indoor gardens are
    made concurrent with plant growth.

33. Considering that space constraint is really a key issue in modern properties, it is possible to steer clear of having an outside guest room if you might have these sofas.
    This should probably be also the first question you ask to
    some sales person when you’re shopping for any quality sofa:
    what is the frame made of. Finding the right sectional sofa
    in person can involve trips to a single showroom after another, while you deal with limited selection, sales pressure, and busy retail spaces.

Once you know the sofa will fit, it really is time to make a decision if it
    is a well-made sofa. If you want to upgrade a bit you can choose
    to stay inside king sofa suite.

34. dim complex says:

Many people follow a thorough exercise and v3 diet regiment for achieving a slim body.
    One thing you should remember is the fact that v3 weightloss pills are not
    manufactured equally. Does a soup diet work

35. You’ll be capable to also acquire this sofa for the workplace to relieve
    your tiredness. This suite has one king size bed, a living room with the sleeper sofa,
    desk, internet access, and of course your own private patio.
    Brands like Abbyson Living, Diamond Sofa, Global
    Furniture, and Innovation have quality furniture for modern homes.

Since there are a lot of sizes of sleeper sofa
    bed in the market, you should choose the the one which your space
    can allow. To keep new and chic looking sofa is just
    not enough for giving good ambiance to your home.

36. Then they’ll just think that their laptop isn’t
    that great if you do not run it having a Laptop AC Adapter every one of the time you
    apply it. If you prefer the volume of cash they’re offering for your old,
    used, new as well as your broken laptop, it can be time to send it
    for the online company. Free laptops for students in college
    Further, this laptop comprises a touchpad mouse in addition to high performing inbuilt speakers and microphone.

There are varieties of laptop backpack bags that are roomy, sturdy, help
    keep you organized, and – look good. I would locate fairly easily the perfect
    laptop with every one of the features I wanted, however, the price can be too high.

37. Agitation of your clothing is the most important part from the
    washing cycle because this is how your clothing
    meets the detergent. Whirlpool gold dryer manual Of course, they are all practical things
    the Smart FDR does, meaning none of people features is going to be used.

However, all in the wash cycles and options on this Whirlpool Top Load Washer
    are powered through the Auto Load Sensing System, which features Triple Spray Technology.
    However, one of the things that Whirlpool is best at doing
    is giving us amazing washers.