Nashville Photos: Will the CMA Awards Be Rayna and Luke's Undoing?

Nashville Season 3 Photos

And the award for Entertainer-Entertainer Relationship Most Likely to Implode by the End of the Year goes to…

OK, sure, Nashville‘s Rayna and Luke don’t exactly scream “We are having problems!” in these shots from future episodes of the ABC series, but they’re performers, people: They’re used to pasting a smile on a rough situation.

We’ll admit that “Ruke” looks lovely in the photos from the CMAs episode, scheduled to air on Nov. 19. (The real CMAs aired on Nov. 5.) Rayna’s even got her best Taylor Swift face on in one photo (did she win?!), and the rest of the Music City crowd — including Juliette, Sadie, Will and Gunnar — clean up real nice.

However, the official episode synopsis mentions Ms. Jaymes’ finding Luke’s pre-nup, which causes “friction between them.” (And if you’re wondering where Deacon is, per the description, he’s chillin’ at home with Scarlett.)

Pair all of that with the snapshots from the Nov. 12 hour, which seems like it’s fraught with familial tension — did Luke catch future step siblings Maddie and Colt canoodling, perhaps? — and we’re thinking that Thanksgiving in the Jaymes-Wheeler household is going to be quite the stuffingstorm.

Click through the gallery below to see what we’re talking about!

1. Slowride says:

Can’t wait for this episode ! All the cast was really nice when we ended up on the set acting as members of the public of the red carpet ! (I just had to say this, I know no one cares but I’m excited !)

Go Rayna !

2. Abby says:

I sure hope so!

3. rawley says:

To answer the answer posed in the headline, I HOPE SO. Also, can Zoe please be done? I’ve never been able to stand her, ESPECIALLY with Gunnar. Just, no. And whaaat?! Avery is Juliette’s date?! Yaaaas.

4. Sarah T. says:

I’m still tuning in but I’m becoming ambivalent about this show. The plot lines right now are starting to drag somewhat. I’m worried we’ll get a cliffhanger finale and no season 4 pick up.

• Isobel says:

I’d say it’ll get a fourth for syndication but that will be it, enough time for the main storylines to be tied up I hope

5. Ann says:

One can only hope this is the beginning of the end for these two. I don’t think I can stand to watch another minute of them.

6. Debbie says:

Since Jeff looks unhappy, I’m thinking Rayna beat out Luke.

• MC says:

I was thinking the same thing. Or that could be Sadie Stone beating Will in the new artist category. What if neither Luke or Rayna wins EOY?

7. Carla Krae says:

That’s the dress Rayna should get married in.

8. Ram510 says:

Good! Luke isn’t good for her and is very jealous and controlling

9. Tedi says:

I actually really like Luke. He’s a hard-worker, humorous, sober and an overall good guy. I think the relationship Rayna and Deacon has brings out the worst in him. I just don’t like him with Rayna. He deserves someone that will love him wholeheartedly.
    Rayna better sign that prenup!! After she leading the man on, pushing him out of deals and stuff he needs to protect himself. When she eventually leaves she shouldn’t take his money with her.

10. Lauren D. says:

Please let it be! It’s gotten to the point where I can’t stand to watch Rayna’s scenes anymore when he’s in them and that is not okay.

11. Amy H says:

Hallelujah! Hopefully this will be the turning point in the relationship. There’s never been a couple with less chemistry.