TVLine Items: Craig Ferguson's Last Guest, Tonight's Special Grey's & More

Jay Leno Late Late Night With Craig Ferguson

Maybe Jay Leno can give Craig Ferguson some tips for his post-chatfest life.

The former Tonight Show host will be Ferguson’s final guest on CBS’ The Late Late Show on Friday, Dec. 19, our sister site Deadline reports.

Other stars stopping by during the show’s last week include Jon Hamm (Mad Men), Tim Meadows (Suburgatory), Larry King, Angela Kinsey (The Office), Betty White (Hot in Cleveland), Thomas Lennon (How I Met Your Mother) and Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory).

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* In a collaboration between creator Shonda Rhimes and First Lady Michelle Obama, tonight’s Grey’s Anatomy will highlight resources for homeless veterans when one comes to Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital after being carjacked and losing everything she owns.

* Emily Watson has joined the cast of Lifetime’s upcoming miniseries Marilyn, playing the high-spirited, loving guardian to young Norma Jeane Mortenson, Deadline reports.

* Pivot has released a trailer for its first scripted drama, Fortitude, starring Stanley Tucci (The Hunger Games), Richard Dormer (Game of Thrones) and Michael Gambon (the Harry Potter films). The thriller, about a violent crime set against the Arctic landscape, debuts in January 2015.

1. David4 says:

Of course Betty White will be there to poke fun at Craig. I wish Kristen Bell would be there to, but she’s pregnant so that’s understandable.

I do think for every child Kristen Bell has we should get a Veronica Mars movie. :)

• gemapet says:

EW.com shows last two week schedule of guests and Kristen is listed. Had hoped he may bring back Magic Week or puppets or lip-synch sketches or such too. Sad he’s leaving.

2. Julie Vallerand says:

I’m already a bit dissapointed with thoses choices…Craig should invite his best/favorite friends like Hlaurie, SFry…Steven Wright or his sister Lynn Ferguson to finish high and in a good company…Hopefully they’ll show up before or surprise him at the last minute of his last show.

3. Shaun says:

Why is Eccleston on this?Isn’t he still on The Leftovers?

4. ggny says:

wth a TV show staring Stanley Tucci? Why am i just hearing about this now

5. Whatever says:

Wow Craig Ferguson really doesn’t like David Letterman! Always suspect it but to have Jay Leno his finale guest. Wow.

• Angela says:

What makes you think he doesn’t like Letterman? I’ve never gotten that impression from him-Craig’s made many appearances on Letterman’s show, after all, and he’s always had good things to say about the guy.
      Letterman’s just never been one to do a lot of interviews, so I figure that’s the case here.

• Rodg says:

Letterman’s company Worldwide Pants produces Craig’s show

6. Angela says:

Figured Betty White would show up for Craig’s last week :). That’ll be lovely to watch, no question. Wish Joel McHale could make one last appearance, too, but eh, I loved Craig’s interview with him earlier this week, so that’s okay.
    Surprised that Jay Leno will be his last guest! But that’s nice. I don’t doubt they’ll have a great conversation. Sigh…I’m not ready for his show to end! Between his show ending and Colbert’s ending, and one right after the other besides, that week is going to be a sad one for me TV-wise!

7. Tran says:

Can’t wait for Craig Ferguson’s final Late Late Show stint on December 19th before James Corden takes over on March 9th.

8. PJ says:

Kristen Bell as she has to have at least one more throw down with Geoff, but no Peter Capaldi (i.e. the latest Doctor Who and former band mate of Craig)? Travesty I tell you! :-(

• S. says:

Oh that’s right he’s still not had Capaldi on since he became the 12th Doctor. I assume Peter’s pretty busy doing Who stuff but get the man on a plane to LA. He’s been on before but that was pre-Doctor.

• AnnieM says:

I KNOW! I have been waiting and waiting for that. I thought for sure he would have had him on by now. Maybe they aren’t so close of friends anymore?

9. lkh says:

I’m so going to miss Secretariat! :[

10. Ella says:

Fortitude looks AMAZING!

11. April says:

Craig is one of a kind! will miss his wit and craziness. i will shed a few tears. adieu to craig, geoff and secretariat. waaah!