Ratings: Survivor, Hell's, Laura and Arrow Tick Up Vs. Strong CMA Awards

Survivor Ratings

ABC’s presentation of the CMA Awards this Wednesday night drew 16.3 million total viewers and a 4.5 demo rating (per finals), dipping just 4 percent from last year’s telecast while delivering three-year highs among the Teens and Kids demos.

Going up against the well-watched kudoscast….

NBC | Mysteries of Laura (7.9 mil/1.3) added some eyeballs plus a tenth in the demo, SVU (7 mil/1.6) was flat and Chicago PD (6.2 mil/1.4) slipped 10 percent and a tenth.

CBS | Survivor (9.3 mil/2.3) ticked up a tenth, while Criminal Minds (9.8 mil/2.1) slipped two tenths to a series low and Stalker (7.3 mil/1.5) dipped a tenth.

FOX | Hell’s Kitchen (3.6 mil/1.3) inched up a tenth, but Red Band Society (2.9 mil/0.9) dipped 10 percent and a tenth.

THE CW | Arrow (2.73 mil/1.1) scored a best-since-premiere audience, rose a tenth in the A18-49 demo and hit nine-month highs in the A18-34 and Men 18-49 demos. The 100 (1.7 mil/0.5) was flat.

1. Guest says:

Yay Arrow!

• Jill says:

Carrie Underwood has not won a CMA award in over 6 years …. Carrie is just taking up nomination spaces for more deserving singers…. When is the CMA’s going to nominate another female singer besides Carrie??

• jason says:

Miranda wins album of the year with an album called Platinum? –> Yet the album is not even a gold record and her album has no chance at ever becoming Platinum –> The CMA’s have low standards now -> Taylor Swift went Platinum in 1 week. LOL

• Dion says:

Yo, The country music awards are a joke without Taylor Swift there. Miranda wins song of the year with only a #4 country song ( #4 ) ,,,, What happened to the 30 other #1 country songs that went #1 this year ,,, Your scraping the bottom of the barrel if you give a #4 country song an award ,,,, The CMA’s are a self promotion award ,,, nothing more ,,, now that Taylor has left country they are trying to prop up another female singer { word }

2. Tran says:

Even though I’m somewhat into country music which I was, there’s a possibility that Brad & Carrie may host the CMAs for the 8th year in a row (fingers crossed).

3. Saif Salman says:

Should we say goodbye to Red Band Society?

• Tran says:

Too soon to tell.

• Ray says:

No its not. Red Band will probably finish out its 13 episode run but it won’t be returning for a second season with those numbers.

• thisismenow says:

Except ratings have sucked for Fox all year. So, there is a chance they’ll bring it back.

• Moment says:

There’s no chance what so ever. The networks ratings may be dire, but this series is rating below what many of us would consider dire too. Ray is spot on, I don’t agree with giving people false hope.

• Tran says:

What do you mean “no it’s not” Ray. Have you not learned your lesson? You and your “conspiracy theories”.

• Moment says:

What does that have to do with anything? He’s completely right in what he’s said above. He’s told you it’s not too soon to tell because the show is dead. Accept it or not, a cancellation announcement will be coming out in time.

4. aunni says:

between flash n arrow, i prefer arrow cz darker show gets me. bt i hv a limit too. arrow went too dark from 2-4. i hope episode 5 is the turning point for s3. they sd balance the dark/lightness.

i loved this week arrow after the clamn.

5. dan says:

Got sucked into Stalker last night for the first time. Surprised that I kind of liked it. The beginning was just creepy enough to get me intrigued, then it turned into the typical procedural that CBS loves. I’ve never really seen Maggie Q, but she was good. Dylan’s character is a little odd and the other woman (I think she was on Devious Housewives during the first season, she looked vaguely familiar) was good as well. I may watch again next week.

6. Sparky says:

Yay for Arrow…love the show!!! Please don’t adjust down in the finals…upwards would be great but as long as it doesn’t go down!!!

• Moment says:

It doesn’t matter regardless. The show will get a 4th season due to syndication regardless of how high or low the series rates. I would be more concerned with any drop during the 4th season personally. Just enjoy the show.

7. sarah j says:

I hope that Chicago PD’s dip was because of the CMA’s.
    Other shows dipped too so that is what I am thinking!

8. Yay The 100! Yesterday’s episode was so gosh darn entertaining. I can’t believe we are only three episodes into the second season. One of my favourite shows at the moment.

• wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, these first three episodes of season two put the entire first season to shame IMO. I really like the direction it’s going.

• Katherine215 says:

I’m really liking this season, too. It’s really dark, but I feel like they’ve grown up this season in their storytelling. Hopefully moving (and staying) away from cheesy love triangle angst and more into survival and world building.

• wrstlgirl says:

THIS!!!

• Katherine215 says:

It reminds me a bit of Revolution, if Revolution had focused on survival and showing us more of what the world was like, rather than getting so far into the nano-mess.

• They kept teasing this season was going to be darker and I didn’t take it seriously. Well, episode 3 cemented it. There are so many interesting story lines and somehow they manage to keep you engaged with them all and the pacing of the show continues to blow me away. Completely agree about the love triangle. I have faith they’ll stay away from it *fingers crossed*

9. Carola says:

Yay for The 100 going up! Its an amazing show and so underrated! Hope it goes many seasons, if you haven´t seen it do me a favor and binge watch on Netflix. You won’t regret it…

10. Hodan says:

Soo proud of Arrow!

11. Moment says:

Hells Kitchen is suffering from burnout, 2 seasons in one year is too much. It’s too repetitive. They need to perhaps have just one season a year that starts May/June and that’s that.

12. Letti says:

Yeah go The 100!! It’s so good, it would be a shame to cancel it!!

13. Abby says:

Happy to see The 100 ticking up. Hopefully the numbers are enough, even though it still has to work out certain scripting and character dynamic kinks to be truly worth renewal. The pace is pretty good and their world is pretty believably dire, but it seems like only the women are well written. I’m a female so that’s nice and all, but the male characters are literally nothing but irritating foils, and their characterizations are all over the place.

• Emor says:

The book was written by a woman, so that would explain why the women characters are so well written. (As we all know, other than Joss Whedon, most male writers can’t write for women…i.e., Franklin& Bash)

• Katherine215 says:

Actually, I don’t see how the book being written by a woman would factor in at this point. The characters are developed more by the shows writers now than the author. She provided a foundation, but the show writers are doing the development.

14. Hope that the drop for Criminal Minds was because of the CMAs. I have never seen the ratings that low for it.

15. Briggs says:

I knew it. Arrow went up. I’m so happy right now, you have no idea. Go Arrow!

16. Jill says:

17. lizzie says:

No doubt about it. Felicity makes Arrow

18. Leah says:

I’m in love with the slightly creepy slowed down covers of classic songs at the end of Stalker. Who sings those?

19. tcstunner says:

Pumped for Arrow ticking up, even though it’s ratings are kinda irrelevant since its for sure getting a season 4. I’m more pumped that The 100 appears to be ticking up in the ratings. That show is amazing and I really want it renewed for season 3.