Pretty Little Liars EP Bringing New Drama Perfectionists to ABC Family

The Perfectionists ABC Family

ABC Family is staying in the teen murder business.

Pretty Little Liars showrunner Marlene King will executive-produce a new drama for the network, based on PLL author Sara Shepard’s latest young adult series The Perfectionists, our sister site Deadline is reporting.

RELATED Revenge‘s Christa B. Allen Moves to Baby Daddy as [Spoiler]’s Love Interest

The Perfectionists follows five teenage girls who plot the murder of a man who turns their lives upside down. The twist comes when their victim is killed, exactly as they intended, only they had nothing to do with his demise.

This marks the third of Shepard’s book series to be turned into TV shows for ABC Family, following PLL and the short-lived The Lying Game.

In addition to King, The Perfectionists will be executive-produced by Les Morgenstein and Cheryl Dolins.

Will you be checking out ABC Family’s latest whodunnit? Drop a comment with your initial thoughts below.

1. I’m so watching this.Butv if they pick this up, that means Chasing Life is probably going bye bye sadly.They also said Recovery Road in still in contention for a pickup,which means Fosters might get the axe very sadly if they pick up RR too.This too funny cause this show was in development at CW last season.

• behzadbyhimself says:

But The Fosters is one of their hit shows with a lot left to offer. Maybe it’s time they thought PLL calls it a day (hence a replacement). Chasing Life on the other hand seems like a bubble show right now.

• PLL was renewed for seasons six and seven and is still the top rated rated show on the network.Fosters is a good show but it’s ratings fell in season one a and in season twoa.I afpgreeceith you that Czl is a bubble show.Maybe I’m worrying over nothing and Abcfamiky will air all these shows,including the picked up Stitchers,on separate schedules( half in winter ,half in summer) but something’s Likley gonna have to get cancelled to make room for Perfectionists and Stitchers for sure and possibly Recovery Road if it gets picked up.I dk that Orefctionis will be a PLL replacement, they tried it with Lying Game,Twisted and it didn’t work out well,

2. sarah j says:

I am excited about this!

3. Et. Al says:

There’s no point in checking out an ABC Family series until it’s reached season 2… and even then it has a good shot of being axed without a conclusion.

4. Ray says:

Sounds like PLL in reverse. No thanks. I wasted enough of my life following that show without any payoff.

5. Robert says:

I personally think that I will be tuning in!!!! I just have to go buy the book first!!! Hopefully it’s a big success like PLL!!!! But NOTHING is replaceable to Pretty Little Liars!

6. Remy says:

It’ll be a miracle if this makes it to Season 2. I still really miss The Lying Game. It was way better that PLL.

• Taylor says:

so true

• 5654funny says:

I have said this too many times if you don’t like the abc family show then don’t watch them at all period

With cancellation shows network can not being tv shows back twisted is never coming back or any of other shows

7. ... says:

I miss The Lying Game.

8. Aleana says:

Sounds interesting hope they use actually teenagers

9. dude says:

So it’s Pretty Little Liars but instead of a dead friend, it’s a dead enemy? So original.

10. Anthony Chatman says:

YESSSSS YESSSS!! GET RID OF CHASING LIFE!!! I don’t like that show. Twisted was so much better but they replace it with that? Naaa fudge that mess. The Perfectionists hopefully lasts as long as PLL is going. But you already know critics will say oh its similar to PLL and whine whine whine. Don’t care. Sara Shepard makes great reads and Marlene King is awesome when he’s on a show. Don’t want to go thru another Ravenswood cancellation. I wonder who the five girls will be? Can’t wait for the castings.

11. Casey says:

Please, just bring back The Lying Game. It may have not had the highest ratings, but it had a strong internet presence with discussion forums kept busy after every episode – especially after the cancellation. : ( There were countless articles bemoaning this unjust decision.

12. Scott says:

Absolutely,I’ll be watching. I can’t wait. SPKJ

13. i Heart Ming Ming says:

CAN’T WAIT!! need something else to fill in the void in my heart when PLL ends.

14. Brandy says:

Well I will totally be wasting more hours of my life watching this. Sad but true.

15. shay says:

OMG can’t wait

Kelli Berglund would be awesome as Ava
    Stefani thatcher would be good for Julie
    And I think Becky g for Caitlin because she rocks glasses

16. 5654funny says:

Brandy
    The Fosters and Chasing life is a great show and i don’t think abc family will axe these shows abc family might renew them after all

17. Taylor says:

i truly hope the fosters gets cancelled I mean its a good show but the fosters is the reason the lying game got cancelled and I loved that show I still watch it I keep re-watching it but this show I hope comes and hopefully kicks off the fosters!!! the lying game had a lot to offer and it was way better than the fosters. I think the lying game and PPL are even show both great mostly because Sara Shepard wrote them so hopefully the perfectionists is just as great! Cant wait to watch the first episode!

18. Cortney Emerson says:

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soo excited for this love the books!!! Can’t wait!!!!

19. Carissa says:

I think this will be a good thing for PPL fans because once its over here’s a whole nother show almost just like it that they can enjoy, i look forward to watching it.