Ratings: MasterChef Junior Returns High, Boosts Fox Sitcoms; Selfie Steady

Selfie Ratings

MasterChef Junior returned on Tuesday to 5.1 million total viewers and a 1.8 rating (per finals), up from both its freshman premiere (4.2 mil/1.6) and finale (4.1 mil/1.5) and hitting an all-time demo high.

Leading out of that, New Girl (3.4 mil/1.6) surged 34 and 14 percent, while Mindy Project (2.8 mil/1.3) rose 32 and 30 percent, with both shows posting best-since-premiere numbers.

Over on ABC, a double-pump of Selfie did 3.7 mil/0.9 and 3.2 mil/0.9, up 8 percent in audience and matching the demo of the 8 o’clock hour’s most recent average with Manhattan Love Story in it. (Next Tuesday, a Modern Family rerun leads out of Selfie.) For completists, that Marvel-mercial drew 3.4 mil/1.2.

Leading out of a Voice clip show, Marry Me (4.5 mil/1.3) slipped two tenths in the demo and About a Boy (3.5mil/0.9) dropped 25 percent.

Fun to look at: The CW’s Flash repeat did 1.8 mil/0.6, while the Supernatural anniversary special rerun drew 1.1 mil/0.4.

The Voice netted the night’s best rating, while an NCIS rerun copped the largest audience (11.5 mil).

1. Ella says:

Last night’s episodes of Selfie were great! I’m holding out for this show. I still feel if they had chosen a better name people would be more willing to watch

• Jane says:

I actually tried to watch it for the first time last night since the shows I normally watch were in rerun or not on and I couldn’t make it to the first commercial break. John Cho was ok but Karen Gillan’s character was so over the top silly that I had to just turn it off. If you like it I hope it stays on but I won’t be back.

• Rich says:

Same here, except this is the third time I’ve tried to watch it. I’m done. This show is just completely unwatchable.

2. JC1 says:

What episode of Flash did they rerun lat night?

3. Dave says:

Local election coverage here in upstate NY cut into the 9-10 ET timeframe that shows were hardly watchable!

4. thisismenow says:

Everything on NBC in AZ was not shown because of the unnecessary election coverage. They could have waited until their scheduled 9 PM slot to tell us stuff was too close to call for an hour.

5. Bryce says:

Thank goodness for Mindy!

6. Moment says:

If that 1.8 for Masterchef Junior holds in the finals, I say Tuesdays have been saved for Fox. I thought the show was a good match and sure enough New Girl and Mindy got a boost. Granted there’s less competition this week but that’s a good start!

• herman1959 says:

I also watched MasterChef Junior and was charmed by the kids and by the reaction of the judges, and I’ll be watching next week. That said, Moment, let’s remember that The Flash was a rerun, so next week’s new episode will be more of a drain on MasterChef’s ratings. Since I’m a fan of both shows, I’ll have a decision to make.

• Moment says:

The reaction to the show has been surprisingly positive, people enjoyed it. I think that will help with future episodes, I fully expect it to drop between 1.5-1.6 for its run. Anyways I’m not sure if The Flash will impact it much, this show tends to skew more female than male.

• Name That Tune says:

If you enjoy watching child actors play their parts, while adult chefs do the cooking behind the scenes.

Personally, I gave up on the MasterChef brand because of its phoniness.

7. Sarah T. says:

I’m loving Selfie. Hoping it sticks around.

• Lisa London says:

Me too! I (strangely enough) really liked last night’s episodes, a mix of silliness and sweet moments. Who would have thought…

8. Gigi says:

Selfie is my new favorite show. I really love it, fingers crossed it doesn’t get cancelled.

9. Beth says:

Yay for Mindy! Order additional episodes now ;)

10. HAP says:

I would watch the adorable Karen Gillan read the telephone book. I see a great future for her regardless of the success or lack of for Selfie.

11. Nevada Queen says:

Selfie is really picking up. A great show and both leads are charming. Karen Gillan is set to have a big career here. Not only a fabulous actress but funny, sweet and adept at physical comedy. Terrific American accent and doesn’t hurt that she is gorgeous. Hope ABC stick with this all season and tie Karen into future projects.

12. kb23 says:

Loved the Selfie episodes this week! Truly hope this show makes it – at least through this season!