NBC Orders Extra Marry Me Episodes

Marry Me on NBC

NBC is sticking with Marry Me, for better or for worse.

The network has ordered five more episodes of its freshman comedy, bringing its first-season count to 18 episodes, our sister site Variety reports.

The series — which stars Happy Endings‘ Casey Wilson and Veronica Mars‘ Ken Marino as a newly engaged couple — debuted Oct. 14 to 7.5 million total viewers and a 2.3 rating, making it broadcast TV’s highest-rated Tuesday comedy since March. Subsequent episodes did 5.6 mil/1.8 and 5.6 mil/1.5, and at last count the laugher drew 4.5 mil/1.3.

Marry Me is NBC’s second fall series to nab additional episodes. The Debra Messing-led Mysteries of Laura recently got a full-season pickup.

1. jenna says:

glad it got extra episodes but if the ratings keep slipping its sure to be cancelled :(

2. Steven says:

Since it didn’t get a full 22 that’s not a good sign. It’s a cute show. Not as good as Happy Endings, but not much is.

3. Tran says:

Looks like Marry Me is about to be on the cancellation block soon :-(

4. Walrus says:

I just removed it from my DVR schedule last night. Wasn’t enjoying it like I thought I would.

5. I’m really not surprised. The network more or less had to pick one of its newer comedies to give a full season too, after canceling A to Z and Bad Judge I can’t say I’m surprised.

6. Dennis says:

It’s like Happy Endings…but not!!!

• Marty says:

I loved that they brought in the gay character from happy endings for the Halloween episode. Derrick or Eric, I forget. He was a supporting character who liked max. I like marry me, I hope it succeeds.

7. sherry says:

i want happy endings back!

8. Moment says:

Can’t see it lasting beyond this season, through a combination of bad ratings and being reliant on The Voice for reasonable numbers. Surely its no coincidence that it dropped a fair bit when The Voice had a recap show.

9. Keith says:

I would have been happier if they kept A to Z.

10. valerie t says:

I’m not a fan of this show. The lead female annoys me and I stopped watching.

11. Renee Giusti says:

Yay!!!! Although I am in agreement that this show isn’t quite as good as Happy Endings, but that’s mainly because it lacks Eliza Coupe. But the rest of the cast is still amazing, and I love everything both Ken Marino and Casey Wilson have done. I think this show can only get better, like Seinfeld.