Victoria Justice Thriller Eye Candy Gets January 2015 Premiere Date on MTV

Eye Candy Premiere Date

More than a year after its initial announcement, MTV’s latest action-drama Eye Candy has finally been given a premiere date. (Note to cyber criminals: You’ve been warned.)

RELATED Scream Ordered to Series at MTV

Debuting Monday, Jan. 12, at 10/9c, the 10-episode series follows a New York City computer genius named Lindy (Victorious‘ Victoria Justice) who discovers that one of her online suitors might be a wanted murderer. Dun, dun, dun!

RELATED Slednecks Star Defends MTV’s ‘Crazy’ New Series — Plus: Watch Exclusive Clip

In addition to Justice, Eye Candy stars Casey Deidrick (Days of Our Lives) as Tommy, Kiersey Clemons (Austin & Ally) as Sophia, newcomer John Garet Stoker as Connor and Harvey Guillen (Huge) as George.

Will you be checking out Eye Candy in 2015? Drop a comment with your thoughts on MTV’s new series below.

1. Steven says:

MTV actually has a pretty good slate of shows. Faking It is by far the best comedy on TV today, so I’ll definitely check this out.

2. alistaircrane says:

Maybe. None of MTV’s recent shows really appeal to me. I love Teen Wolf and liked Awkward up until the fourth season. I’d like to watch Faking It but I can’t get caught up without buying all the episodes I missed on iTunes. Looking forward to Scream!

3. Tran says:

Victoria Justice was so hilarious on Victorious but I can’t wait to see her take on a very different complex role for her on January 12, 2015.

4. johnhelvete says:

Faking it and Finding Carter are both good shows, and having never seen Victoria Justice in anything but a few minutes of her Nick show, I am curious if she can pull of the role. The retooling of the show and making it a procedural is a negative for me, but if the trailer is good, I will likely watch the first episode.

• alistaircrane says:

Finding Carter looks like a ripoff of The Face on the Milk Carton book series. They should have just adapted them.

• johnhelvete says:

Beyond the initial premise of a three year old girl being abducted there really are very few similarities. Though I am basing my opinion on watching the Face on The Milk Carton movie and not reading the two books that the film is based on. Carter was not raised by her grandparents that she believed where her parents like Janey. Carter’s kidnapper raised her and was her “mother” unlike FOTM where the grandparents were innocent of any wrong doing. Carter also has to deal with siblings and her bio parents, but the dynamics between her siblings are very different from FOTM. Also Carter finds out in the first 5 minutes about being kidnapped and does not discover it on her own like Janey. FOTM at least in the movie comes down to Janey making a choice about which group of “parents” she wants to live with, and her bio mom letting her go. There is no choice to live with the “mom” on Finding Carter, though Carter does consider running off with her.

5. James says:

Faking It is so funny I think it is one of the funniest shows on TV network comedies
    Are not even close they wish they had something original like Faking It

6. Jared says:

Really loving the new slate of MTV series. Cant wait to watch Eye Candy and Scream.

7. Letti says:

I guess it’s only me but I’ve always found her acting pretty bad in Victorious. IMO Ariana Grande and Liz Gillies carried the show.

• Juniper says:

Ariana Grande’s acting was terrible. It got even worse when she was given her own show.

I’m looking forward to seeing Victoria take on this new role. As for MTV’s current shows; I watched Finding Carter but gave it up when they continued to waste the premise for typical teen drama crap. Happyland is light and cute but its not must see TV

• Anna says:

Is only you, the ariana character was funny but just every here and there too much of one sigle of the Victorious characters was too much to stand, the show was a hit because the whole cast work good together not because one charater or actress only.

8. noah isaac says:

is it just a mini series??

9. jess says:

mtv shows have been slacking. they all such. awkward is stereotypical. faking it has a crap plot. teen mom? NOPE. finding carter? what kind of mess..seems more like a show that should be turned into a lifetime movie. but THIS SHOW? EYECANDY? looks SOOO GOOD!! it might be the show that saves mtv

10. Katharine says:

I can’t wait to see Victoria in Eye Candy! It will be great to see her getting to try out a drama role, rather than the more light-hearted, comedic roles that she’s done before. Counting down the days!

11. Asia says:

Wow, this show premiers on my Birthday! Jan. 12! It’s kinda like their celebrating my b-day on t.v. with a show!

12. Leilani says:

If her character dies, then yeah, I’ll tune in.

13. sam says:

Love the new show, eye candy!!! It’s a once you start you just wanna keep watching kinda show !! Can’t wait til next week ;-)

14. Tammara How says:

I can’t say that I’ve ever really watched many of MTV shows, but came across Eye Candy and loved it!! My husband and I loved everything about it from the story line to the acting and can’t wait to see more. they got you not wanting to wait another week to see another episode!!! Great show! Tune in and enjoy

15. jada says:

I like it

16. Patty says:

My 17 year old daughter and I love Eye Candy!!!! I hope it continues next season!