Exclusive

Criminal Minds Sneak Peek: JJ's Mom Spills a Dark Family Secret

Loading video...

Tonight on Criminal Minds (CBS, 9/8c), JJ’s mother Sandy pays a visit, and in doing so unpacks a bit of family baggage as well.

As seen in this sneak peek, Sandy (returning guest star Candy Clark) gives grandson Henry the 411 on his Aunt Rosaline, short of revealing exactly how it is that she wound up in a “better place.”

When JJ (A.J. Cook) gets wind of the bombshell Mom dropped, she has plenty to say. Or is she in part still in denial about her teenage sister’s suicide? Press play above, then render your verdict.

As for the Case of the Week, the BAU is stumped to determine the common denominator among male victims in Montana, making it difficult to profile the UnSub.

1. bjaneyre says:

I have to rcord this. Sounds interesting.

2. bert says:

Aj Cook is so good looking, Id watch just to check her out

3. Thank you, TVline! I haven’t watched but many thanks!
    don’t get me wrong, I want to watch this so badly because I absolutely love JJ and have been looking forward to this episode…but it’s probably smarter to just wait and see so I’ll try my best to wait and see. But thanks!

4. I love this show,even with all the character changes,but it isnot the same without Emily Prentiss,Jean Treablehorn and noe Jennifer love Hewitt are terrible and doesnot fit with the rest of the cast.JLH is a terrible terrible fit.

• lsperling says:

This is the first show I’ve seen with Jennifer Love Hewitt and I don’t care for her either. I didn’t like Tripplehorn. Prentiss was the best.

• Alene Clark says:

I completely concur Anthony. JLH is a terrible fit. I still love the show and the rest of the characters. But you are correct in saying it’s not the same without Prentiss. She was truly an asset to the show. It’s like watching NCIS without Ziva :( Definitely not the same there either!

5. Fabienne says:

I’m so excited for this episode.. JJ is asskicking good. I can’t stop thinking what the big secret will be and I’m trying to wait patiently for the episode. Thanks for the sneak peek though.

6. Angela says:

Ooh. That was tense. I dunno, I’m kinda on JJ’s side there. Honesty is good and all, but…yeah. That’s something JJ and her mom should talk about together.
    On a lighter side, man, I can’t believe how big Henry’s getting! Aw. This looks like a good episode, I’m looking forward to watching it.

7. Jennifer Snow says:

Looks good!
    I absolutely love the show, even if I’m not a fan Jennifer Love Hewitt’s character. It kinda annoys me how from the very first episode they seemed to try way too hard to make her just agreeable for everyone on the team, that she had someway to connect herself with each person that they would hit it off right away. Like I said, seems like they were trying too hard.
    Or heck, I may just be biased since I never cared for her as an actress. Even in Ghost Whisperer, I LOVED the show, but I disliked her.

• Julian says:

The idea is that JLH’s character knows most of the team. She’s not a newbie. That makes the introduction to the rest of team that much smoother. And really, she’s done a good job on the show. She not shoved into our faces, but she’s become a solid member of the team and fits in perfectly. She’s given the show a lot more life in 5 episodes than Jeanne Tripplehorn was able to give in 2 full seasons.

8. KatsMom says:

Maybe it’s because we had a suicide in the family when my daughter was in kindergarten, but I’m a little surprised that JJ, with all her training, thinks there’s no way to talk about suicide with her son. I thought it was going to be incredibly difficult when my daughter started asking questions, but it really wasn’t. She doesn’t know exactly what happened. We’ve laid the groundwork to tell her when she’s older and can understand a little better. But she knows her uncle was sick, and that the problem was in his brain. She knows that because his brain wasn’t working properly, he felt sad all the time and like nothing would ever get better. We explained to her that those same flawed thought processes, caused by chemical imbalances in his brain, were what led him to believe that no one could help him, and eventually led to his death. She accepted that. I think she knows that there are things about his death that she doesn’t understand or know yet, so I expect more questions as she gets older. But for a few years now, she’s been satisfied with those answers.

9. james says: