Extended Agent Carter Clip Features Badass Peggy, Cocky Stark, First Jarvis

ABC’s big Marvel-mercial this Tuesday night included an extended look at the midseason series Marvel’s Agent Carter.

Set in 1946, the drama finds the titular Peggy (played by Hayley Atwell) dealt a serious blow, marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), she must balance administrative work with secret missions for Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, reprising his Captain America role), all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, having lost her great love, Steve Rogers.

The eight-episode Agent Carter will debut in January 2015, occupying Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s time slot during the winter hiatus.

Watch the extended sneak peek above, in which cocksure Howard Stark sets off to fence his latest invention, leaving Peggy in the capable hands of his manservant J.A.R.V.I.S. Jarvis — and stay tuned for the final sequence, in which Peggy shows just how awesome she can be in the kitchen.

1. Dj says:

Really enjoyed the look inside marvel. I can’t wait to see agent carter.

2. Temperance says:

Looks totally fun.

3. iMember says:

Love Emily VamCamp!!

4. First time I ever became aware of the character of Peggy Carter was in some 90’s Avengers comics where she was part of some sort of civilian support group for the Avengers that wore red jackets or something. That version of Peggy, from what I remember, was NOTHING like the one seen in these movies and shows. Next time I saw her, was in the first Captain America movie from the 90’s. That version was also very different from this one. This current one is much, much better than those two.

5. loopychew says:

Stupid region locking.

6. Joey Padron says:

Good clip. Excited to see the show in January!

7. Little Scarf Girl says:

I’m excited for this show. I really liked the first Captain America movie, I like both Peggy and Howard (and from this clip, Jarvis seems fun) and I think this could be a good show. I don’t watch Agents of Shield, though, so hopefully that won’t hinder my understanding of anything. Since it’s set in the past, though, I can’t see why it would.

8. TinLV says:

This looks really good. I can’t wait..I love the actress, she was the best thing about the first Captain America movie. hope the 8 epi series gets picked up for a longer run.

9. Katie says:

I am SO EXCITED for this show.