Nik Wallenda Reveals His Next Death-Defying Stunt After Discovery Special

Nik Wallenda Next Stunt

Daredevil Nik Wallenda — whose hobbies include ignoring physics, laughing in Death’s face, etc; — is already plotting his next move.

RELATED Ratings: ABC Dramas and Madam Sec’y Rise, Good Wife Dips, Mulaney Drops

Roughly 12 hours after Sunday’s Discovery Channel special, which found Wallenda tightrope-walking (blindfolded!) between two Chicago skyscrapers (so windy!), he appeared on NBC’s Today show to reveal his next gravity defying, ratings-inducing act.

“I’m working on recreating my great-grandfather’s greatest walk, which was over Tallulah Gorge, Georgia … 600 feet high, 1,000 feet long,” Wallenda announced. “He did two headstands on the wire. I’ve never done a headstand on the wire in public, and I’m training for that.”

Wallenda’s great-grandfather Karl was a member of the Flying Wallendas. He fell to his death at the age of 73 during a tightrope attempt in Puerto Rico.

Were you one of the many (many!) people glued to Wallenda’s special on Sunday? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the daredevil below.

1. Matthew Weber says:

Crazy. Man is simply insane. I won’t even get up on a ladder.

2. Zack Quinti says:

His next stunt is to make it to the UTC mall without getting stuck in traffic.

3. Dea says:

I saw this live and it was awesome! Not sure why he does it, but it is compelling to watch!

4. judy says:

I am glad his death wish was not fulfilled THIS time. This should not be televised live, because some parents don’t think of the future ramifications for their children should the some DAT inevitable happen.

5. Moment says:

I had someone inform me when he performed the walk, and I was hugely impressed with how confident and assured he was while doing it, it’s like the man absolutely would not fall. I know it sounds odd saying this but he looked so natural, a true professional.

6. Winter says:

I watched about 30 seconds nearly had a heart attack and changed the channel. I don’t understand why some one would do this.

7. Michael schaaf says:

Completely breathless how a human can walk a cable so high so little (mind Boggling) he has a lot of flying Angels that’s all I know God Bless Nik

8. wmitchell says:

I live an hour and a half from the gorge. Does anyone know if you have to bu tickets to see Nik’s walk? If so where would I get them?

9. Rick James says:

I don’t know how he keeps from tripping over his balls. He must have the biggest ones ever.