Revenge Recap: Now That's Good TV

Revenge Recap

David Clarke’s long-awaited TV interview on Sunday’s Revenge was so unexpectedly brutal, it made Oprah’s confrontation with that Million Little Pieces author look like a warm hug.

RELATED Exclusive Revenge Video: Victoria Loses Her Cool During David’s Big TV Interview

“I just love live TV,” Nolan smugly remarked to Victoria before the interview began. “You never know what’s going to happen.” Of course, he never could have predicted that David would pull him in front of the camera to publicly accuse him of cheating “Amanda” out of her hundreds of millions. “She died without knowing that you betrayed her, that you betrayed me, and for that, I will never forgive you,” David promised. Ouch!

The second round of David’s (literal) one-two punch came during his post-interview visit to Nolan’s house. It began with the usual tense chit-chat — Where’s the money? Why’d you let my daughter die? Blah, blah, blah — then took an uncomfortably physical turn when Nolan referred to David as a “father,” which earned him a direct hit to the money maker. Right on cue, Emily arrived at Chez Ross, just in time to devour a steaming fresh plate of guilt: “Your lie finally caught up to me.” Ouch x2!

RELATED Revenge Photos: Nolan’s Tense Reunion With David Revealed

So where had Emily been while her father was beating Nolan, both physically and televisually? Why, doing some super sleuthing, of course! She visited the silo prison Conrad supposedly built for David, and while most things checked out, there was a strange absence of rust — yes, rust! — around the bottom of the bed, leading Emily to deduce that her father made the whole thing up. (Thank God Emily is also an expert on weather and infrastructure, otherwise this revelation could have taken weeks.)

But you want to know the worst part about this whole thing? David still hasn’t tamed that insane Jumanji beard he’s got going on. Does Margaux’s news channel not have a hair-and-makeup team?

Anyway…

HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER | Charlotte Thorne Grayson’s night out with that tattoo’d fella ended about as well as it began: with her covered in blood, and him lying dead on the floor of a seedy apartment. Naturally, she called the prettiest little liar she knows, and just as anticipated, Emily instantly concocted a fool-proof cover story to exonerate her burden of a sister. But because Charlotte can’t just shut up and be grateful, she seized the opportunity to accuse Emily of also killing Aiden — oh no, she didn’t — forcing Emily to come out with the truth about Victoria’s hand in his death. This led Charlotte to the long-overdue decision to check herself into rehab, though not before telling Daniel a secret about Emily. (As for which secret, we’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we?)

LITTLE RED CRAZY HOOD | Am I the only one loving how insane Louise is becoming? Despite spending all her time with Daniel, the “southern” beauty is clearly gunning for Mama Grayson. She even crashed Victoria’s lunch date with Margaux, assuming Vicky would welcome her with open arms as one of the family — more specifically, one of “MY OWN BLOOD!!!” — but her hopes were dashed when Victoria (accurately) dismissed her as an obsessed lunatic. After exhausting her shot with both Daniel and Victoria, Louise moved onto a more French target, but what exactly she has planned for Margaux is still anyone’s guess.

BEN STILL WANTS TO BE A DETECTIVE | Jack’s partner continued to stick his beautiful nose where it doesn’t belong this week, looking further into the conspiracy surrounding Conrad’s murder. The sudden “heart attack” of an officer involved with the investigation only fueled his suspicions, leading him to discover the double infinity symbol in said officer’s basement. While Jack had previously planned to distance himself from Ben — he was making Jack look short bad, to be honest — it’s now in his (and Emily’s) best interest for him to stay as close to the former Client List-er as possible… especially if it means more locker-room scenes for us. (Sorry, not sorry.)

Revenge-rs, are you excited for Emily and David’s long-awaited reunion, which is finally happening next week? Drop a comment with your thoughts on that, and your review of this week’s episode, below.

1. iMember says:

Excellent episode! This season is seriously on a high and I’m loving it. Excited for next weeks episode! No doubt in my mind David will learn Emily is really Amanda by the winter finale. This setting up the second half of the season for next year.

2. Anna says:

” David still hasn’t tamed that insane Jumanji beard he’s got going on.” Oh Andy, I love your recaps because you’re as shallow as I am. I was very much bothered by the beard too.

On another note, I hope this season’s the last one. I couldn’t care for David in the flashbacks but now that he punched Nolan, he’s on my blacklist: resurrect Conrad and ship off David to the clinic where Victoria spent the last 2 months. The mere fact that this guy still believes that black widow is enough evidence that David Clarke’s always been a fool, not a nice guy, just a fool.

3. nikki says:

I really hate David. I wish they would just bring back Conrad. He was evil but at least he and Victoria had chemistry. And why haven’t they killed off Charlotte yet.

4. Kevin says:

The best thing about this episode is knowing that Charlotte will be gone.

5. Juan says:

Poor Nolan, when he had those tears and said that Emily’s lies finally caught up with her it broke my heart. Also finally Charlotte does something smart and interesting and goes to rehab. Also like that she now know the murder that is Victoria. (RIP Aiden) very good episode

6. Kevin says:

I doubt that Emily will tell who she is to David in next week’s episode.

7. Kate Sullivan says:

Poor Nolan…it was one thing when Jack was questioning it. David is going to feel super foolish especially when he finds out Emily actually bought that house for Nolan. Or you know that he is the only actual family his daughter has ever had.

And how random that Charlotte actually gets Victoria stepping back a bit.

What’s so funny about Daniel’s story is I don’t think he knows that Margeux knows what happened and probably gave him permission but doesn’t care because she knows she wins in the end. And I can’t wait for Louisa to go truly nuts so Emily can laugh and say see all I did was bankrupt you.

8. Joshua says:

There is way to many characters on this show, what happened this show being about team Team Clarke/Thorn versus Family Grayson ?

9. Tricia says:

Is it bad that I’m hoping crazy Louise will just kill Daniel and Margaux? I’m sick of them.

Also, if Ben wants to be a detective, can’t he just take the test or whatever? Why does he feel the need to close a case? I’m hoping there’s more to him then we’ve seen so far. There’s only room for one boy scout here, and that role is taken by a Porter, buddy.

10. BrittBrat says:

That was a great episode! Just when I thought David was trusting Nolan, they tricked us. I wonder what else David is lying about. I’m ready for him to know that Amanda is Emily and that Victoria is pure evil. How he doesn’t realize Victoria is a fake is beyond me?!

11. L says:

Not at all interested in the subplots about Daniel and Margaux and Ben and whatever else… get rid of them.. and tired of everyone being so stupid… Nolan should have just told him the truth to avoid taking all that grief.

12. tigersmurfette says:

ben is so hot, i mean eager, to solve conrad’s murder because he is conrad’s long lost son.

13. ngirl says:

Awe. How cute was it that Charlotte called Emily? Nothing says sisterly love like helping out with a dead body. How adorable. Okay, not the dead body part. But the fact that Charlotte called Emily and not Daniel or Victoria was awesome. But what I loved the most is when Charlotte got slapped in the face with reality. Yeah, your mom is the murderer, not Emily. Taste it.

14. Alichat says:

Interesting that the Jumanji beard made an appearance in the flashback. You’d think that would be an excuse to shave that puppy off. I’m wondering what was in the note Charlotte found in her purse, and why in the blazes would she tell Daniel who Emily is?….which I’m assuming is what she told him…..unless she told him about the dead dude. Speaking of…..who hired the dead dude??? And the mess with Emily not speaking to her father is ridiculous. And how is it Jack can recognize Emily as Amanda (he was drawn to her immediately), but David who spent way more time with Amanda in his life can’t immediately recognize Emily as his daughter. Someone please tell me he’s playing Victoria!!!! Please! For the love of god…..I want to see him rub her face in the sand while repeating ‘you betrayed me’ over and over. Wow…that was very visual..and just popped into my head. Oh yeah…and Victoria…..is this Louise chick really her daughter or some crazed obsessed person? If she is her daughter, how many stinking kids did Victoria have before Conrad??? And Jack’s partner is flat out annoying. Seriously….get over yourself dude…..annoying.

• johnhelvete says:

Emily’s note to Charlotte, perhaps info on where Emily trained to get revenge in Japan? Not saying Charlotte needs to be trained for revenge but she needs to get help to change her life. Charlotte telling Daniel about Emily made sense, they were having a great brother/sister moment and Daniel probably does deserve to know the truth about Emily.

I think David is playing everyone, his entire story about being held prisoner by Conrad is a lie. Maybe with Victoria he needs to be 100% sure before turning on her, at least with Nolan the info he had while flawed seems correct based on his belief that Amanda died and only got 100k.

15. JJ says:

I loved this episode. Everything is coming to a head. I’m excited to see what Louise’s real motives are regarding Victoria. I wonder what Charlotte read in that letter that shocked her. David irritated me in how he treated Nolan. If only he knew!! I’m still annoyed that David and Emily haven’t met but I guess the show is delaying it to keep things intriguing!!

16. kritikA says:

My heart breaks for Nolan

I think David Clarke is playing Victoria like a fiddle and I think he staged that whole thing with Nolan I believe that he knows already that Amanda is alive and he is out for his revenge as he stated

David Clarke is even more clever than Emily is and it’s going to be so much fun watching everything unfold

17. N says:

Loved the show- Poor Nolan! Can’t wait for Ems and David to meet again

18. Blah says:

It was nice that Emily finally stopped coddling Charlotte and gave her a reality check she desperately needed, so happy Charlotte is gone for a while. And I really hope Louise goes full crazy on Daniel and Margaux, I’m so sick of their storyline. Overall though, I’m honesty really disappointed with this season, and I normally love this show. The decision to bring David back was awful, he feels like such a bland, naive character to me and he has little to no chemistry with Victoria. Their relationship just feels so fake and laugh worthy. They need to hurry up and have Emily tell the truth to her father, this storyline is dragging out and makes no sense, there’s no way Emily would’ve waited this long to reunite with him, it’s just so out of character. I really feel like the writers screwed up bad this season, a lot of people are complaining.

19. Gio86 says:

Excellent episode, great season so far!!!

20. Garrett says:

I loved last night’s episode and I thought the season is finally on track! Funny, because it seems the writers have finally listened (or at least, realized) our prayers for WEEKS that Charlotte has no brain. That final goodbye with Victoria was so good, both actresses played their part so convincingly. Even when they are not on the best of terms, I think Charlotte and Emily have finally found a solid ground to built on. Though I’m a little bit worried that Charlotte could still walk normally after killing somebody….

Oh, and David’s still being a sh*thead. Victoria finally got what she deserved for all her lies, and poor Nolan being the collateral damage. Mystery about where David has been? *yawn* The one thing I can’t wait next week is how Daniel will confront Emily about all HER lies. Grayson Boy has some bad temper when he’s being lied to. *cough cough* wedding-from-hell *cough cough*

• David says:

I actually won’t be surprised if Daniel and Emily will declare some kind of truce, after all, they’re both victim. And it’ll be nice to see them on speaking terms.

• Liza says:

I’d love to see it go down like that. To see Daniel and Emily at least call a truce. I really did like their relationship there for a while.

21. Zachary Flye says:

I was really starting to give up on this show, even missing the previous two episodes before catching up the other day, but this episode really had a ray of sunlight in it. I’m loving the Charlotte is FINALLY calming down and getting the Victoria Kool-Aid out of her system. And I’ll be looking forward to next week when hopefully Emily fesses up about being Amanda Clarke.

22. Anna says:

Nolan needs a hug. And Emily needs to tell the truth! Even if David is lying about everything, why can’t she tell him who she really is? Like, did Emily actually give a reason? Other than “OMG WE CAN’T!” I mean? Also I’m with all the other people who said it’s kinda ridiculous that David doesn’t recognize Emily but he does recognize Charlotte? I mean seriously?! Oh, and I totally love crazy!Louise – hope she kills Daniel (and maybe Margaux as well?) because that little s**t has it coming for years now.

23. crazymuch says:

Jack as a cop is still hard to take and his partner Ben (awful acting) needs to skip town with Margaux.

24. Kirstylou says:

Well I’m seriously hoping that David & Nolan (or just david) have thought this up in order to smoke Emily out and come clean to David. Here’s to hoping…

25. Stacey boone says:

just tell david the truth already this is insane. I can’t wait anymore

26. Jen W says:

Um, David Clarke the murder? What are they doing with this long awaited and adored character!?! Even his daughter is now scared of him. This episode was a frustrating lull in a soap-opera-esce fashion where we get to watch all the misunderstandings play out and just go in circles. The promo showing David stop at Emily’s doorstep- come on with this already. Last week I appreciated her pause in reuniting with her father, this time you can see it’s doing more harm than good. This episode lacks the usual punch that Revenge is almost guaranteed to deliver. Hoping they are back on track next week!!

27. Kelly Deeny says:

It was nice to see Emily back in super-sleuth mode this week! Helping Charlotte, being suspicious of David’s story, and listening to her instincts. What I found most interesting was that just as Emily and Charlotte’s relationship started to mend (albeit, slightly) David and Nolan’s came to a halt.

I think it would be an intriguing dynamic in Daniel and Emily’s “relationship” if he now knows the truth. He did try to kill David’s daughter. Don’t want Papa Clarke finding out about that! ;-)

I like that Ben is actually doing his job. 1) Because it makes his character more interesting and 2) It adds all kind of conflict to the story

I think the truth of Conrad’s death will come out sooner rather than later, but who will take the fall? That’s the question I want to know!

• Bob F. says:

Any chance that David is keeping Conrad in a prison?, the way he claims that Conrad held him. We only saw Conrad shot, not die, just as we saw David knifed, not die. Both cases the authorities claimed he was dead. This could still turn into Grayson vs Clark.

• kiwirevengefan says:

Conrad was stabbed, not shot. And they must have found his body on the road because how else would they know he had been murdered?

28. cacucs98 says:

Help! After David punched Nolan, Nolan said something to him that kind of made David stop short for a second. I re-wound that scene a few times & could never make it out… anyone? Anyone?

29. bj says:

I loved your review. Thanks.

I think the best thing about the episode is that Charlotte will be gone too. And I’m starting to get as irritated with Ben as Jack is.

Poor Nolan. That scene was gut wrenching. I just wanted to jump through the tv and hug him.

30. azu says:

This David Amanda thing is beginning to piss me off let them meet already!!!

31. JMS says:

Great episode! I think David DOES realize that Emily is Amanda. Remember when he broke into her house and stood over her and didn’t do anything? I think (and hope!) he realized it then and is playing Victoria.

32. Dee says:

When Emily was trying to go to the beach but then stopped cause David was going in, I knew that would happen. I just kept thinking, you live right next door to the man. There is no way you can avoid bumping into him. And that looks like the case next week when he stops by to introduce himself. As far as Emily revealing herself to him that will most definitely happen in the midseason finale!

33. Joe says:

I miss the original show runner David Kelly(, even though season 2 was a mess )he had direction where it was supposed to go ( for one thing David Clarke wasn’t supposed to come back from the dead) the should have ended it last season, Iam still watching it but for how much longer I dont know

34. Angie says:

Thank you for the comment about that beard! It is driving me crazy.

35. Betty says:

Does anyone else think that maybe crazy Louise is on Emily’s payroll to keep an eye on all things Grayson?

• Christine says:

I think crazy Louise is on David Clark’s payroll. I think he purposely had Louise spring Victoria so he could begin to put his revenge plan into motion. I don’t think David is stupid at all. Everything he’s done so far just seems too contrived, right down to embarassing Nolan on live TV. He wants everyone, especially Victoria, to believe that he really thinks Amanda is dead.

• kiwirevengefan says:

I’m not sure about Louise but I think there is something in what you say. I also believe David has a master plan and at present he wants everyone, especially Victoria, to think he believes Amanda is dead. I can’t wait until next week when he finally comes face to face with Emily.

36. Marlene says:

The last episodes have been so annoying Emily not going to meet her father, know it’s maybe better after all… At first I was not too happy about David being alive, now I’m interested. But its awful that he doesn’t know the truth about his daughter. Or does he? That wouldn’t make sense…Im very interested to see where this story goes!!

I felt sorry for Nolan, so sad, but very unexpected good move in the show.

I loved the fight of Charlotte, that was the first cool thing she ever did on the show, instead of always playing an annoying stupid victim, didn’t expect her to fight this way back. Also awesome she called Emily. And then she goes back to annoying and awful with accusing Ems of killing Aiden (how exactly?). Good thing she heard the truth. I hope she told Daniel the truth about Em/Amanda!! That would be great he finally knows, too bad we didn’t see it. And i’m wondering what was on the card….!

I like Louise too, the crazy stalker and maybe we get rid of Margeaux because of her, that would be awesome haha.

I’m wondering though, if David has looked into the past of Amanda (at least, the fake one) then he would have got to know about Emily Thorne? Doesn’t he want to contact the last friend of his daughter? Or what am I missing..

37. Beda says:

Really not liking the show anymore. David Clarke should have stayed dead. He is boring and the guy who is playing him is the worst actor ever. Bring back Conrad.

38. Rose says:

I think that- David Clarke while staying at his old house, has found some evidence showing that Emily (Amanda) is still alive and he knew who she is (Emily). Remember, this house belong to Emily & she (sort of) gave away to David. She’d probably leave (planted) some object (picture, letter…) so her father can figure out the whole “history” of what has happened to her during the time he was away!

39. vinsh says:

I can’t help thinking that David is on a revengenda of his own. He can’t be THAT stupid, even if he’s traumatized. Maybe we’ll soon discover that he has a partner… What about Lydia Davis ? Or Mason Treadwell ? Or… Kara Clarke ? I know these characters have been out of the picture for a long time, but some of them might have been part of the conspiracy that lead to David’s disappearance after his alledged murder by the White Man. And, except for Treadwell, they were lead to believe that Amanda Clarke is dead.

It’s just a theory, though.

• kiwirevengefan says:

Interesting thoughts! Kara Clarke could be in on it. After all she was his wife and then she married the White Haired Man.

40. missvci says:

I know I’m probably the millionth person to say this but I cannot stand how stupid they made David Clarke.

Also screw Emily, Nolan should just have shouted out that your daughter is alive but in hiding because of the graysons, now that would have been good TV.

I know they have to drag this whole thing out over a season, but it’s really negatively affecting the show. So now the only one who doesn’t know Emily is really Amanda is David and it’s sooo stupid.

I am only hate watching this show to see how it finally ends, and at the end of the season there better not be some cliffhanger ending, because I don’t think and it doesn’t deserve a 5th season.

Honestly aside from David Clarke being alive, the season 3 finale would have been a great series finale.

• kiwirevengefan says:

I think David is playing stupid. I don’t think he is stupid at all but he wants the world to think he has been traumatized and held prisoner for 10 years, I think he has been in hiding for 10 years and now is out to extract his revenge! Those Clarks, they are the masters at revenge!

41. Tunji says:

Extraordinary! Is nearly an understatement for this weeks ep. Whoever wrote this brief on the episode, I applaud you!! For being so hysterical. Especially with the jumamji beard joke. I thought I was the only one who felt this way towards that beast of beard. Anyways, i thought David saw the truth behind Nolan, especially when he saw the tears of true sadness on tv and at nolans casa, but that wasn’t enough for David. Instead he delivers Nolan a delightful triple decker sand which to the face. Totally unexpected…the only thing we can do is wait for the next episode, while we sit blindly waiting for the real truth to unravel.

42. Fred says:

Finally a good episode this season. Probably the best so far. It was the first time this year I liked the Charlotte-scenes, I’m almost sad she’s gone. Emily discovering that her father is lying sets up a great mystery. Although Jack’s cop-partner is still annoying, that storyline was okay, I liked how they discovered the infinity times infinity sign. And this would be the first episode that Margeaux actually contributed a bit to the main storyline. I still don’t like her though, just because she’s only a filler. Speaking of which: that brings me to the only downside of this episode: Louise. She’s insane, that storyline is insane. Just get it over with and kill her off (preferably along with Daniel and Jack’s cop-partner). Please.

43. Ella says:

Dear GOD. Please kill off Charlotte, the very sight of her stupid pouting, ungrateful face gives me rage blackouts. We can add David to that list too, the moronic idiot. Believing Victoria over Nolan?! Geez. And Victoria’s terribleness knows no bounds either, which is made worse by her conviction that she’s a victim and deep down, a good person. She is an AWFUL person. At least Conrad owned that. I miss him.

44. metekaan2013 says:

Revenge needs to introduce a story worth watching (ahem, a mystery, for example). Louise is also pure gold.

45. metekaan2013 says:

This season is fine. Not brillient, not amazing. Just fine.

46. pam says:

Poor aiden! What a mess the Grayson family is!)