Halloween in Review: Nathan Fillion Makes Like Marty McFly, Shonda as Mellie, a 'Worst' Orphan and More

Halloween

As the venerable New York Times (?) often reminds the world, “Stars — They’re Just Like Us!” Meaning, Castle‘s Nathan Fillion, How I Met Your Mother alum Neil Patrick Harris, Once Upon a Time‘s Jennifer Morrison and others are as inclined to dress up for Halloween as any regular Joe.

TVLine has taken a cursory survey of the World Wide Web to round up some of your favorite TV stars’ costumes and/or other celebs paying homage to TV characters. (Ergo, the always amusing Josh Gad as a certain Orange Is the New Black inmate).

Flip through our slideshow below and comment on the best of the bunch! And if you spied any other cool celeb looks out there on Twittergram, give us a shout and we’ll (possibly) add ’em!

1. sillyemmy says:

Not Rainbow Brite… for either. Rainbow Dash. As in one of the My Little Ponies. I wish I didn’t have this information in my brain, but my three year old is a fan.

2. Lyn says:

Cute. More proof that with the exception of the ones who had to dress up for their TV shows, women and gay men are much more into Halloween than straight guys.

3. CBWBDK1 says:

Laundry? Worst costume i’ve ever seen!

4. fei says:

Chloe Bennet as laundry is cool, nice one LOL! Fillion as Marty is hot as hell.

5. Näppäilet vain hakusanan “seksi Helsinki” ʝа löydät listan yhteisömme jäsenistä,
    jotka asuvat pääkaupunkiseudulla. Hyppää kyytiin samantien јa löydä itsestäsi se villimpi
    puoli. Еlämäsі villein ʝa upein seikkailu odottaakin sinua lähempänä kuin koskaan.

6. ninergrl6 says:

You’re missing Jared Padalecki’s awesome pic of him, Jensen, and Misha dressed as each other’s SPN characters. Dead on & so funny!

7. I think the morning show hosts win as a group…Nathan Fillion looks so natural as Marty, and for some reason that is just really hot.

• maria says:

Agreed. Good costume. And, whatever Nathan is doing lately (working out, eating healthy, whatever it is) he should keep doing it. He looks great.

8. Flowbee Rida says:

Best one I saw was on Sean Pertwee’s (Gotham) Instagram of him dressed up as the Third Doctor from Doctor Who, as poutraged by his Dad….cool and sweet

9. NPH and David Burtka’s daughter Harper is BatGirl not Catwoman.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Y’know, I almost double-checked. Bat-fixed!

• ceymiss1 says:

Actually that is Catwoman not Batgirl. Originally Catwoman wore purple and green. First Batgirl wore grey, blue and yellow, second was only black and the third had purple, but only on the sides. Anyway that is Catwoman, not Batgirl

10. Katherine says:

Supernatural cast is the best in the world.

• Patrick says:

Extremely smart cast. They aren’t selfish, nor do they make stupid choices. As a result, they are in the process of making FU money.

11. Rich Abey says:

Nathan Fillion looks so boyishly adorable as Marty!

12. ninamags says:

OMG! I saw Jared’s tweet and dismissed it cause I thought it was just some weirdos trying to be the guys. I actually had to go back and look closer to see WTF I was looking at!!!!

HA!!!! Jared on his knees to show how shrimpy Collins is next to them. :)

13. Sheila says:

Neil Patrick Harris and family are adorable. But it makes me sad that Lea Michele seems so desperate to be considered sexy.

14. Wordsmith says:

Jennifer Morrison as Hermione is adorable, but it was even better a few years ago when she did the same thing, but with Josh Dallas as Ron and Ginny Goodwin as Harry:

15. Briggs says:

I love that I had to be told that was Colton Haynes. That make up and costume job was awesome, major props. Emily was cool as an astronaut, but even she would have trouble standing out next to a guy dressed (convincingly) as Princess Fiona.
    I loved 90% of the costumes (some of them I wasn’t going to ‘get’, because I don’t watch the shows, hence hard to love them). There were none that I hated. Special mention goes to Nathan Fillion for Marty McFly. I love him for going retro geek, and I was not at all surprised.

• Briggs says:

Oh, and I forgot David Burtka’s Joker. The family shot was great, but he did a spot-on Joker. As a Bat-fan, I was impressed.

16. betty says: