The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed

The Originals Season 2 Spoilers

Some moms express their love with hugs. Others with words. And then there’s The Originals‘ Esther Mikaelson, who chooses to shower her children with whips and blood.

RELATED Exclusive: The Originals Adds Everwood Alumna Debra Mooney as Werewolf Matriarch

A new batch of photos from the CW drama’s Nov. 10 episode — the one right after Nina Dobrev’s guest appearance — find Elijah at his mother’s mercy (and by the looks of things, he does not like it rough).

So… What exactly does Esther have planned for her son?

“She needs to make a case for why being a vampire is the worst thing,” executive producer Michael Narducci teases. “She can save him by putting him into another body and giving him one mortal lifespan to know peace and to have happiness and have a family of his own and live a semi-natural life. Being a vampire is unnatural. He can go into the body of a witch and have a more natural life, according to Esther.”

Body swapping? No, no. This will not do at all.

Browse new photos from the episode below, then drop a comment with your thoughts on The Originals‘ second season.

1. Karen says:

No body swapping for Elijah – not even for one minute! He’s perfect as he is.

2. Hope says:

Nothing better happen to Elijah and where is this happiness for Elijah and Haley

3. B says:

Enough with torture! It has gotten seriously out of hand on too many shows, including this one.

Also — no body swapping for Elijah or Klaus. Can’t imagine they actually would, but if they did, I’m out. Especially since Rebekah is gone, these two are essential as they are. I’m already having trouble accepting Esther, Finn, and Kol in new bodies because their personalities have changed so much. It’s a great story idea, but it’s not really working for me the way they’re writing/playing it.

4. Hope says:

And the episodes are taped early. And I read on spoiler TV that Klaus has to find a antodote because Esther put a spell on him

5. Lore says:

That bitch will die slowly and painful, nobody touch Elijah

6. Letti says:

Please bring everyone back to their bodies instead!!

7. Jane says:

No thanks we love Elijah’s sexy face the way it is I’m gonna freak out if they change bodies

8. beverlyne says:

julie plec dont dare and I mean dont dare swap elijahs body nobody can match to his pretty face …

9. zed says:

No body-swapping for any Original anymore!!!! Those of us who fell for the Originals on TVD was also because the cast for all the Originals was amazing! They have to get Nathaniel Buzolic back – meaning get Kol back into his real body!!! I also don’t get the torture thing- that is so not Esther- back in season 3 TVD she appeared as a very shrewd type of a witch- it would have made more sense if she kept Elijah in a contained area where he couldn’t get out of cos of a spell and then mess with his head –

10. Hope says:

No Elijah and Haley are endgame

11. Hope says:

And no Elijah and Haley are not happy when they are with other people. I don’t mind Gia but not with Elijah maybe with Marcel they can remain friends. I want Elijah to be saved and then I read that Esther is going to put a spell on him and Elijah has to find the antidote. Which makes me upset is I don’t know how many times Elijah has saved her life and when he needs her for a change she is not going to save me. I don’t know this sounds like a love triangle having to choose. Elijah always sacrifices himself I still believe if he did not help the wearwolves he may not be in this situation. It pains me I am a huge Elijah and Haley fan and no some people are not. Elijah is the type of character when he loves he love and he is not going to move on. Please no swapping Daniel Gillies is the only Elijah for me. I know that Elijah was going thru stuff this season but this is to much.

12. di says:

Noooooo eligah rocks as a vampire

13. ChrisGa says:

No body swapping for Elijah; Daniel Gillies is walking perfection and Elijah is indispensable, even moreso than grumpy Klaus. To say that Elijah is EVERYTHING is a gross understatement.