Reign Wedding Drama: Jonathan Keltz Talks Leith's Future With(out) Greer

Reign Greer Wedding

Greer’s wedding day has finally already arrived on Thursday’s Reign (The CW, 9/8c) which means time is running out for Leith to stop her unholy union to Lord Castleroy. So the question is: Will he speak now?

RELATED Exclusive Reign Wedding First Look: Is Greer Dressed for Disaster?

Unfortunately, actor Jonathan Keltz is forever holding his peace about tonight’s nuptials, though he’s already hinted that the wedding might not go down as expected.

Below, Keltz takes TVLine into Leith’s pre-wedding headspace, weighs the possible outcomes of Greer’s big day and previews the star-crossed lovers’ future at French Court.

TVLINE | I’ve got to say, I’m not thrilled about the way Greer and Leith’s relationship has progressed.
[Laughs] There have been some hiccups. It’s been a bumpy road of love, that’s for sure.

TVLINE | Am I foolish for holding out hope this week, that he might stop her wedding?
This episode finds a lot of their relationship drama come to a head. The dynamic between [Leith, Greer and Castleroy] is very tricky. Is Greer going to follow her heart and go with Leith, or is she going to stick with security — not just for herself, but also for her family? Or is it possible, as she claimed in the last episode, to have that love and passion with Castleroy? Or is it something she’s just forcing herself to feel?

TVLINE | That’s so many possibilities.
I mean, at this point, Leith is pretty exhausted.

Reign Greer WeddingTVLINE | And there’s more than just feelings to consider; there’s also that whole political/religious mess, right?
Yes, and what happens in this episode is a huge catalyst for the rest of the season. This launches the tension between the Protestants and the Catholics. There’s a violent beginning, and you’ll see what that means and what that says about how Francis is going to be as a king and how his subjects are going to feel about the nobles. Who’s going to side with whom? Leith, Greer and Castleroy find themselves in the middle of all of that.

TVLINE | Let’s say Leith fails, and Greer marries Castleroy, what’s next for him? Who is Leith outside of that relationship?
It is true that my character’s journey has always revolved around Greer, and regardless of anything, we’re all going to stay at the castle. Although there is a massive circle of people we’re running in, [Leith and Greer’s] paths will continue to cross. There’s no way they won’t. I’m now working with Bash … and I’m a hand of the king, so I’m by Francis’ side and she’s by Mary’s side. No matter what, we will always have to be with each other, always on opposite sides of the dance floor.

Reign fans, are you crossing your fingers for a full-on wedding interruption? Or are you already mourning Greith in your own way? Browse photos from upcoming episodes below, then drop a comment with your hopes.

1. lorena says:

I want her to marry Castleroy actually, I like him.

2. Liza says:

I like Castleroy also. I am okay with Greer marrying him. But they could always have him pass away at some point in the future so she and Leith can be together eventually.

3. Christine says:

I will always have hope for Greith! I mean come on, she’s one of Mary’s best friends and Francis is King now. He could easily give Leith a title and land without anyone being able to question it. At least in my mind that’s what is going to happen.

4. terri says:

Greer will never be truly happy without Leith. She can try to. But she’ll always love Leith. She shouldn’t marry Castleroy. I hope theirs still hope for Greith!!

• Lizo says:

Castleroy is kind, loyal, statured, wealthy, and clearly they are compatible in the bedroom. Those are pretty good foundations for a happy relationship. Especially in the time period. Lust is not.

5. Jose says:

I like Castleroy and Greer together …. Not that I don’t like Leith but Castleroy seems more matured, Centered and seems like the kinda person you can grow old with…. Greer and Leith had puppy love….. Love is Passion yes but there is much more than that to make it work.

6. Jess says:

I actually much prefer Greer with Castleroy, mostly because I don’t really like Leith anymore.

7. Alyse says:

I already know who she marries and I’m not happy about, mainly because I love her with the guy she doesn’t marry.

8. Lizo says:

I’m firmly in favour of Greer/Castleroy. I like them together. And I hope the show gives them happiness (with the angst of course, it’s a soap after all). As for Leigth, I’d be interested in seeing him explore a queer relationship (she show is lacking that element)…maybe even something with Bash/Kenna

9. Ella says:

I love them so much, I hate the path their relationship has taken. Greer is being stupid. I like Castleroy but I LOVE Leith and I want him and Greer back together :( I reckon the marriage will go ahead but still holding out hope!

10. Dani says:

Castleroy all the way. I agree with those that said passion and lust is not enough for a relationship to work. Castleroy has been nothing but gracious and a true gentleman, that s the kind of man you build a forever life with.

11. Television says:

Move on already! She should be with Castleroy, not this stupid boy Leith who is so immature to the point I can’t stand it when he is on screen. Greer is too mature for him, like a mom. She will fit into the stepmom roll better and match better with Castleroy. The costumes on this show are crazy awesome!