Exclusive

New Girl Pics: Jess Juggles Two Guys, Gets Schooled by Lisa Bonet

Season 4, Episode 7

If attending an education conference means winding up in the arms of New Girl‘s Julian Morris… have we ever mentioned how much we love learning?

Jess experiences one of those close encounters with Morris’ Ryan in an upcoming episode of the Fox comedy, and TVLine has your exclusive first look at that moment — and much more.

The gallery below features shots from the episodes airing Nov. 11 and 18. First up is “Goldmine,” a half-hour that finds Nick pretending to be gay so Jess’ new guy (played by Michael Stahl-David, Cloverfield) is less weirded out by his presence at the loft. Meanwhile, Coach isn’t pleased when Winston works his patented “Long Game” on neighbors Michelle (returning guest star Alexandra Daddario, True Detective) and Viv (Amber Stevens, Greek).

The following week, in “Teachers,” Jess, Coach and Ryan attend the aforementioned teachers’ conference — led by a rockstar educator played by Lisa Bonet (The Cosby Show) — while Schmidt, Nick and Winston try to have a raging guys’ weekend while Jess is away.

Click through the gallery below, then hit the comments: If Jess and Nick can’t be together, isn’t Ryan a really good consolation prize?

1. Sarah T. says:

I’m loving the introduction of Ryan on this show. As much as I liked Jess and Nick (and even wanted them to get together), it kind of ruined the show when they did. I feel like the show is returning more to it’s roots now.

2. kd83954 says:

Julian Morris: swoooooooon. I hope Ryan sticks around as a reoccurring player. I liked when Jess was with Sam and thought amount that we saw him was really great. Not too much and not too little. Can the same happen with Ryan?

3. Lara says:

Yay! Alex Daddario is returning! She needs to have a bigger role!

4. Erika says:

Yes! Keep Ryan!! His accent is on point!!

5. Dominique says:

I really don’t like Ryan…I don’t like anyone with her who isn’t Nick actually. It’s kind of gross to watch. I don’t think getting Nick and Jess together was ever the problem with season 3. I think the writers kept trying to bring more drama in their relationship for no reason and then the breakup seemed so contrived and uncharacteristic. I lost so, so much interest in the show when they decided to break Nick and Jess up and the whole show feels wrong that they are barely even interacting with one another.

• jbj says:

I agree with you about the writers jettisoning the relationship for no reason. I’ve never quite understood why they seemed to find it so difficult writing for them as a couple that has sex, when they spent so much time giving them adventures as friends who don’t have sex. Was it so difficult to keep the adventures and add the sex? No one asked them to have Nick and Jess start talking houses and kids. I was just happy she talked him into finally getting a bank account–because really, he’ll thank her for it. But apparently, some people felt that was some kind of slippery slope to ruining Nick…