Gracepoint Sneak Peek: Jack's Secret Past Washes Ashore

gracepoint-spoilers-video-nick-nolte

The plot thickens — and leads to a deeply uncomfortable interrogation — on tonight’s installment of the murder-mystery event series Gracepoint (9/8c on Fox).

As you’ll see in the exclusive preview below, Detectives Carver and Miller get tipped off to an ugly incident from the pre-Gracepoint days of kayak-rental guy Jack Reinhold (Nick Nolte), a secret that’s all the more troubling considering his work with local youths in tracking the habits of local marine life.

Jack, however, is indignant when confronted with his past. “I pity you,” he sighs at Carver, “seeing depravity in perfectly normal behavior.”

Press PLAY for the full scene, then share your thoughts and theories down in the comments. Could Jack be guilty of Danny’s murder? Or are you booking him on a lesser charge of lying by omission?

1. Kay says:

I started watching this show and after few episodes in, I realized that town not only has a killer but also is full of crazies! For me I’m guessing the killer is Ellie’s husband!

• Diana Prince says:

You must’ve watched Broadchurch…

Also, I am extremely disappointed in Gracepoint – it’s almost exactly like Broadchurch, but just not as good. And whoever David Tennant’s dialect coach is, he or she is rubbish. This is one of the worst accents I have ever heard.

2. Pat says:

I like the show, but find the detective way too over the top. When Billy Bob Thornton did Fargo, he was a nice, understated psycho and I loved it. Anyway, don’t think it was Jack, but lots of suspects, beginning with Susan, the crazy lady and the priest. I’m usually better at figuring out who dun it!

3. dman6015 says:

I could have sworn TV|Line, and all the other entertainment sites, reported that producers said after episode two, the show would be different from Broadchurch. This week’s episode was almost a shot-by-shot, dialogue-by-dialogue recreation of the Broadchurch episode. Is the true difference going to be in the final episode, when they name someone else besides the Broadchurch killer?

4. amelia says:

I’ve kept with the show based on comments that it starts to deviate after episode 2 and then it goes in a very different direction after episode 5.

Nope – most is still word for word, scene for scene the same. I can understand why Fox would have lied about this in order to keep people viewing beyond the exact copycat episodes 1 and 2, but surely journalists should have called Fox out on this as I understand that they were given the first 7 episodes.

And yes, David Tennant’s accent is atrocious. I won’t say it is the main reason that this is the worst of the Fall drama shows (the acting of all of the cast, including Tennant is equally bad), but geez, how did Fox let this show go to air when their main actor has turned the show into a laughing stock. Wish they would just run the remaining episodes end to end so we can fast forward to the killer. Who’s betting it will turn out to be the same as Broadchurch? More Fox lies?

5. Emily Martin says:

Fox should do a mercy killing for this show. I really have tried to watch this, but it is very poor from top to bottom. Don’t even get me started on the appalling central pairing. Two blocks of wood have more chemistry. His accent is so bad it takes me out of the show and I literally cringe every time he opens his mouth. She is so bored with everything I sometimes think I can see her rolling her eyes. Fortunately some of the others in the cast have at least bothered to put in a performance and it is sad that Nick Nolte is now out of the equation. Why not just show the last episode so we know who the killer is and get this darn thing out of the way. No one is watching it, so how about cutting to the chase?