Ratings: black-ish Rises, Middle Slips, Arrow and Modern Family Tick Up

Black-ish Ratings

ABC’s black-ish this Wednesday drew 7.7 million total viewers and a 2.7 rating (per finals), up 13 percent in the demo week-to-week.

Leading out of that, Nashville (5.6 mil/1.4) was flat.

Opening ABC’s night, The Middle (7 mil/1.8) was down 14 percent, The Goldbergs (6.9 mil/2.2) was flat and Modern Family (9.9 mil/3.5) rose a tenth.

Elsewhere….

FOX | World Series coverage drew 23.5 million total viewers and a 6.6 rating, improving on the finals for last year’s deciding Red Sox/Cardinals game (19.2 mil/5.7) but shy of the numbers for the fall classic’s most recent Game 7 contest (25.4 mil/7.4 circa 2011, Cardinals/Rangers).

CBS | Survivor (9.1 mil/2.2) was steady in the demo, Criminal Minds (10.5 mil/2.3) added some viewers while slipping 8 percent in the demo and Stalker (7.4 mil/1.6) was down a tenth.

NBC | The Mysteries of Laura (7.5 mil/1.2) dipped 10 percent and a tenth.

THE CW | With NBA preemptions factored out, Arrow (2.5 mil/1.0) was up a tenth while The 100 (1.5 mil/0.5) was flat.

1. D. says:

Racism is alive and well on T.V. and it’s called Black-ish

• MiaB says:

What’s racist about it? The fact that there are black people on it who don’t exist just as funny sidekicks to white folk? How dare they.

• Lena says:

This! It is only right to some people if the cast is all white and there is only a token black like on tons of shows on television. I can name a lot of shows where the cast is completely white as well.

2. Carola says:

Yay for The 100 going up a bit. Love that show! It´s so underrated.
    Too bad its on The CW it should be on HBO, that´s how good it is.. But still hoping it gets 3rd season!

3. Tran says:

Third time’s a charm. Congrats SF Giants. WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!

4. Brigid says:

Arrow was good last night!! How did the ratings go up on an episode that didn’t include Felicity? I do LOVE her character but her rabid fan base think because they are very vocal that they control the airwaves and they were proven wrong last night.

• A. D. says:

It went up because Felicity Sucks and I hope Nyssa Takes her out!

• Briggs says:

*snort* As I said during the recap, she might actually abduct her. Remember how she looked at her during the season finale? Nyssa likes blondes…

• mupp says:

That’s silly comment, as part of that fan club I of course watched the episode anyway because I like the other characters as well. I know that at least we in the Tumblr/twitter olicity realm watched it… not sure why we wouldn’t.

• Briggs says:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. The fans have *absolutely no influence* on what the writers do with the show. The ratings probably went up because Stephen Amell hyped the scene between him and John Barrowman (justifiably so, that was truly ‘edge-of-your-seat’ tension). And, of course, Nyssa will always draw a crowd because she’s Nyssa. I, for one, didn’t know where they were going to pick the episode up at, so I didn’t know if Felicity was going to be in the ep or not. I wanted to know what was up with Merlyn, and I don’t think I was alone.

5. aunni says:

cw shows will be adjusted down, right?

6. MiaB says:

Black-ish was really funny last night, so I’m glad the ratings went up.

7. thisismenow says:

Maybe I should stop watching Stalker now that I tested my Cooler theory.

8. Jenna says:

I’m starting to enjoy Stalker; the personal arcs are have hooked me. I’m sure several shows were affected by baseball last nite, so I hope it rebounds.

• Piers says:

IMO last night Stalker was better than previously. Normally it tends to irritate me. So far I enjoy the young stalker guy more than DM.

9. ninamags says:

Stalker is a creepy as heck show!.

I hate horror movies and this show sort of freaks me out, week-in, week-out.

I watch for Maggie Q :)

10. Jenny says:

CBS isn’t kind to shows that have 7 million viewers which sucks because Im starting to be real intrigued with Maggie q and Dylan’s personal stories of their characters.

Glad Arrow is up. Ppl are still watching despite a slow start to season.. Last nights ep was the best yet.