AHS' Lily Rabe to Reprise Asylum Role on Freak Show

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: ASYLUM
FRIDAY, MARCH 15 @ 7 pm
CAST |  Frances Conroy, Evan Peters,
Lily Rabe, James Cromwell

PLUS | Series creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, executive producer
Dante Di Loreto
Plus additional guests to be announced

Sister Mary Eunice, welcome to the Freak Show.

Lily Rabe will bring her American Horror Story: Asylum character to the current season of Ryan Murphy’s FX horrorfest, EW.com reports.

The naive nun — remember, Freak Show takes place before the events of Asylum, so Mary Eunice will be unsullied — will appear as part of the transfer of Pepper (another character first seen in Asylum) to Briarcliff. Rabe reportedly will shoot her scenes this weekend and appear in Episode 10.

Rabe has had a part in every season of AHS; she soon will be seen in ABC’s midseason series The Whispers.

1. Angelo says:

Ha, that is pretty cool

2. Sarah says:

YES! I have been missing Lily this season, and now she is returning with my favorite character of hers, oh happy days!

3. Joey says:

I still don’t like that they’re including characters from previous seasons in this new season, however, any excuse to include Lily Rabe makes me happy.

4. Phillip says:

I don’t see how Freak Show can be in the same world as Asylum when Sarah Paulson has two heads in Freak Show and is a reporter in Asylum. And Jessica Lange is from Germany and is a nun on Asylum. Super confused.

• MDS says:

I guess you have to assume those are different people …. not such a big stretch. unless you are just trolling xP

• canadian17 says:

It’s an anthology show – think of it like a theatre troupe putting on a performance. Just because the guy that played King Lear and Hamlet are the same dude, in the same basic universe from the same creator doesn’t mean that they’re supposed to be twins. That’s why they apply makeup, hair and prosthetic makeup. They’re not the same person, it’s just the same cast. Even if there are cross-overs doesn’t mean someone is going to say “Gee, you remind me of my boss.”

• Anna says:

It’s kind of like when you watch a show and a character references a movie/other show that an actor also on the show was on. Do you believe that that character was played by a different actor or that there’s a lookalike of the character on the current show running around?

• Toia says:

I have a distant cousin who looks just like me. Like we could be two twins. I have never met her, only seen pictures. That doesn’t makes us the same person. When I was in high school people would come up to me and call me this other girls name because we looked so similar. Thats 2 experiences from my life so it can’t be that uncommon for people to look alike.

It’s just two people who look similar. How is that hard to believe? At the very least they have different names. The show however has introduced back stories for each character so far. You have to be trying to confused at this point.

• Tee says:

What about pepper? She’s in both seasons too.

• Kevin says:

or creatively speaking, you could look at asylum as a show from pepper’s perspective in that she legit went cray, and imagined jude, lana, kit to be her ex-freak show mates

5. steven says:

Aside from Neil Patrick Harris guest-starring, this also makes up for not bringing back Zachary Quinto.

6. ... says:

I love Lily Rabe to the moon and back, but I don’t like that Freak Show is connected to Asylum. The entire point of the series was that every season would stand on their own.

7. GNI Staff says:

Reblogged this on Global News Insider.

8. Kelli says:

I am delighted. Lily Rabe is one of my favorite actresses on the series. I kept complaining she wasn’t on it. I guess I will be happy with a little of her, as I won’t get my way even if I am not happy. I love you Lily Rabe, you are an amazing actress!!! Thanks for coming back.

9. Yes!! it’s a shame Lily didn’t make it as a regular to Freakshow, but its good we’ll have her around at least one episode!!
    I thought they wasted her time on screen on Coven, with that Misty witch, but as Sister Mary Eunice, she really nailed it.

10. but the pepper from asylum lived with her sister the pepper on freak show was in an orphanage

11. CK says:

Yay, I missed a Lily Rabe character this season. I’m fine as long as they don’t bring the aliens back. Those need to go away forever.