Watch Castle's 'Spiiiiine-Tingle-ing' Webmercial Remix Video

Loading video...

On ABC’s Castle this week, Rick recorded his first-ever “webmercial,” in a bid to dive into the whole “360-degree digital media vibe.” But you know how the saying goes: “Be careful what you wish for….”

Because as revealed at episode’s end — just prior to the big wedding/honeymoon promo, first brought to you by TVLine — Castle’s video wound up remixed, foul-ups, bleeps, blunders and all, and set to a jaunty tune.

Mortifying for a certain author? Perhaps. But as Alexis noted, it made “Castle 2.0” a reality, amassing a million hits in a matter of minutes.

What did you think of the remix (and the Internet memes-themed episode as a whole)?

1. Robby Horine says:

I think Beckett had a dead-on take on the pitfalls of social media. Also the coffee photo shows that a picture without context can be damaging.

Especially in Hollywood.

2. Melissa says:

Hahahaha love it!!!! Too funny ! Rickard Cashett lol

3. Matthew Weber says:

Was a great episode, loved every minute of it. Castle can’t come back soon enough. These two weeks are going to be really hard.

4. Jake says:

Meh – not that funny, and really, not that embarrassing, certainly not worth “a million hits”.

• Gerald says:

Agreed. And his agent should have still had a proper commercial made and that is the link he would have received… Then the viral stuff would come after from a behind the scenes footage.

• John Lazzaro says:

This is where I come in and say no sense of humor. Was pretty much the best part of show considering how hysterical the whole thing was. Sorry you’ve got no funny side at all.

5. a says:

This is so stupid. I hate when the show takes his buffoonery to this kind of extreme. It’s not funny; it’s just painful. Man, I miss when this show was decent.

6. M. says:

Why wasn’t there a recap of this weeks episode?

7. Brigid says:

That was so funny!!!

8. lame says:

I laughed out loud, but where was the snappy banter? For whatever reason, the staple inter actions between B/C , the thing that raised it above other shows has gotten lost in the reshuffle.

• sigh says:

Agreed. I thought the video was hilarious, but it barely made up for the rest of the episode. More phoning-it-in by everyone… I really miss that spark the show used to have.

Also, is the precinct trying to save money? Why are all the interrogation scenes so dark, even in the middle of the day? I digress…

9. Fran says:

People take things way too seriously. It was a fun little video which was all it was meant to be.

10. Luis says:

Sheer awesomeness!!

11. Briggs says:

So funny. Made even better by Kate and Martha losing it the entire time. And Alexis checking how it trended was fabulous. I loved it!

12. Carla Krae says:

Died laughing last night. Way to mix the blooper reel!

13. Sarah says:

Bahahaha!!! That’s just hilarious!!! 😂

14. lkh says:

It was funny, but a little bit of that goes a long way. What I really thought was that was a very clever way to advertise that book–in real life. I’ve already read it.

• JJazz says:

Wow… I didn’t even know that was a real book. That’s incredible! So all of the books that have been on the show are advertising for someone. thats amazing

15. mike says:

This show is still one of the best on tv…no matter what the naysayers say.

16. mike says:

Can’t wait until the western themed honeymoon. The clip looks great.

17. Rick Katze says:

Too bad the idiots who produce much of the commercial crap I avoid using fast forward don’t watch this scene very closely. Commercials like this I can watch and not want to skip. A winner excluding the logical conclusion that Castle would not have to seen it in advance and approved it. Admittedly looking like this was the first time he sees it works better dramatically and forget the logic.

18. Rich Abey says:

Now this is freaking awesome! I’d buy that book! ;)

19. dks says:

I thought the meme episode was soooo Castle. I already have my new outfit for the wedding. See you there.

20. Flick says:

I laughed so hard watching it! Because it really shows what “viral videos” are these days! The whole ep nailed the idea of how dangerous and powerful the internet can be. Makes me wonder how much I’ve exposed on here about my personal life! Awesome ep and I can’t wait for the wedding! I only hope that ABC will promote the heck out of it!

21. F says:

I really like the meta context from this episode – about how people hide behind accounts to be bullies… now I only wonder if other fans of Castle are smart enough to realize that sometimes they go on the internet to harass the actors, writers, crew and etc AND THAT THEY SHOULD STOP BEING CREEPS AND RUDE =D

22. barbie says:

omg…cant believe i miss that on monday. hilarious and wonderful. looooovvvvveeeee the webmercial. lolzz…….for a spin chilling adventure.

23. Michele Lewis says:

I love the webmercial! It was the absolute funniest episode and I laughed so gard I got a cramp!!!
    I live the show and the webmercial shoyld be down-liadable. My 10 1/2 year old imitates it often.