Vampire Diaries Photos: Is Elena Developing a New Campus Crush?

Vampire Diaries Elena Liam

After their little kiss at the lake, it looks like Elena could be going back to Liam for another cup of sugar.

RELATED Vampire Diaries Recap: Paternity Quest

New photos from The Vampire Diaries‘ Nov. 13 episode find Ms. Gilbert and her fellow med student deep in conversation, though it’s anybody’s guess what the two are discussing. (Either way, maybe Damon shouldn’t be in such a rush to return home?)

Other spoiler-y nuggets from the episode:

* Jo opens up to Alaric about her “tragic past.”
* Stefan, Matt and Enzo go to “extreme measures” to shut down Tripp’s vampire-killing operation.
* Caroline rushes to the aid of her mom, who gets “caught in the middle of a dangerous plan.”
* Taking a cue from Elena and Liam, Tyler and Liv also “grow closer.”
* Damon makes a shocking discovery that “renews his hope” for returning home.

Your take on TVD’s latest pairings? Browse new photos from the Nov. 13 episode, then drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Shannika says:

Noooo. Don’t break my Delena heart.

2. laurel says:

Delena all the way! I hate the new pairing of Elena and that Liam guy :( I think he’s gross and kind of akward so they need to bring Damon back, like asap and restore Elena’s memories and I’m one happy girl! Also, I’m still waiting for Caroline and Stefan to pair up ’cause these two have some serious chemistry.

3. Remy says:

I really wish someone would dagger Alaric temporarily (but not for long because I love him!). Then Elena would be forced to get her memories back & deal with them. I’m super annoyed with her cowardice. I don’t know how any of her so called “friends” could support her choice to forget her love for Damon, especially Alaric unless he’s planning to make a move on her. Face your fears & conquer them!

• Netty says:

Now ain’t that a crazy twist…Elena and Alaric. Damon would kill Ric with no hesitation.
      I don’t blame Elena, everyone is dealing with this loss in their own way and tbh we have not seen Elena this happy since she like season 3. Its good to see this side of her. I love her like this.

• Vampie says:

I agree we havent seen Elena this calm and happy since S3 cause the following seasons were only Elena suffering for this or another cause. I think each one is dealing with Damon and Bonnies “loss” in their own way. I bet they will be reunited again as a teh gan they use to be when Damon and Bonnie returns to Mystic Falls and bring their new “friend” Kai with them but in the meantime enjoy the story that is currently playing.

• Shari says:

Dude! That would be awesome!!!

• Fran says:

Its not a great way to handle your grief, but this Elena is more likeable and way less self-absorbed than when she was with Damon. I hope the compulsion stays. Her and Damon can get back together if thats the plan, but hopefully it will be done in a less obsessive way.

4. ElenaS says:

It will be good to see Elena with someone else who is not a Salvatore and when Damon returns he should try and win her back so we know if they are true soul mates or not. Hopefully Alaric will not just compel Elena to remember everything and it all goes back to that messy relationship they had. This is a fresh start for them, and if she falls for him then good if not then we move on.
    I can just imagine Damon trying to fight every muscle in his body to stop him from ripping Liam apart. Its going to be fun to watch.

• murley says:

I would much prefer it if they left Elena without her memories and Damon actually won her heart. They could redo their relationship so it isn’t an unhealthy mess and then I could actually root for them as a couple.

• Vampie says:

I also agree with you 2. I be nice to see Damon to win Elenas heart from the beginning again, like a normal person and not Alaric compel Elena to regain her memories to go back to aht messy relationship they once have. They should leave Elena with no memories of Damon so Damon if he wants to be with her, he will have to try very hard to win her back again and I bet he will do anything he could to achieve that if possible. It be a nice twist to see Damon trying to win Elenas love again from the beginning, doing something like a human and not always using violence that at the end it translate into murders.

5. Netty says:

Caroline should be with Enzo or go back to Matt or maybe she should be single for once and not pine over any guy. Stefan and Caroline is a no no

6. Anu Surya says:

i want stelena soon
    i hardly can’t c elena vth any1
    it may b damon r liam
    i just want only my stefan n elena back

7. Letti says:

for me: No Stelena, don’t watch

8. JAson says:

Anyone else think they invented the Damon in Purgatory storyline because Nina and Ian can’t stand each other and no longer want to share the scenes together!

9. Shari says:

I personally think that elena really needs some random guy instead of salvatores right now cause she’s not brooding but each and every one of you know that delena is endgame

10. Cass says:

Ugh. The show is so boring now! Nothing really interesting happens. The Originals is so action packed, why can’t TVD. AND I may be the only one here, but I HATE the Damon-Bonnie storyline.

• Netty says:

I’m going to stop watching TO soon because I cannot stand Hayley. She was terrible when she was on TVD now she’s even worse on TO. Who would ever buy Hayley as the alpha of the wolf pack. Everybody else on TO is amazing, just Hayley!

• Fran says:

I actually completely disagree. I think this is the most I have enjoyed this show since season 3. They did a sort of reboot which I think was necessary. They were bogged down by mythology that often didn’t make sense, and the Delena relationship needed a break. The constant fighting, breaking up and getting back together was exhausting. And I think Bonnie and Damon have great chemistry so I’ve been enjoying their story. I do love The Originals, but well, they’re only in their second season. TVD was non-stop action back then too so I’ll give them a little break now. Hopefully they’ll stick with this.

11. JAson says:

Elena and Caroline would make a good couple

12. Malie Jean Bingham says:

Go to hell you racists ass delena fans and die.

13. five_by_five says:

Delena is back! Elena is holding her diary about the memory swipe, the photos with her and Damon and Damon’s shirt. Does that mean she’s dumping Liam? I am not sure what to think about that, too soon for a Delena reunion?

14. Xobha says:

I like to watch my favourite but only thing we can’t find whatch to another channels why ? Not all of us we have HD guys plz help us so wr can watch it!

15. Jessica says:

I hope Delena is over for good soon.

16. Brigid says:

To answer your headline question…..I hope so. Move on with the new guy because your character is so much better with out all of that Damon baggage. Her getting her mind wiped was the best thing to happen to this show since before she was turned into a vampire. Putting Elena and Damon together is what has destroyed this once fun show.

17. zed says:

I am also having fun watching this show with Elena free of her Delena toxicity. It is good to see her exploring life and being with new people. I have always had an issue with Damon going after Elena, as it seemed to one of those things just to hurt Stefan. He knew how much Stefan was in love with her. Damon also knew how much Stefan cared for Zach and his pregnant girlfriend. Didn’t Stefan hand himself over to Klaus in exchange for his blood to cure him from the werewolf bite. Now Damon is in some kind of purgatory in 1994 and he should think about it all.
    Anyway, let Elena find what she really wants out of life, and the world has so much more to offer than the Salvatore brothers-