Scoop: Pan Am's Kelli Garner Cast as Marilyn Monroe in Lifetime Miniseries

Kelli Garner Marilyn Monroe

Hello, Norma Jean.

Kelli Garner (Pan Am, My Generation) has scored the title role in Marilyn, Lifetime’s upcoming miniseries about Marilyn Monroe, TVLine has learned.

As previously reported, Oscar winner Susan Sarandon is set to play the bombshell’s mentally ill mom, whose struggle with her own demons had a profound affect on her famous daughter’s life.

Marilyn, based on J. Randy Taraborrelli’s book The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe, promises to reveal “for the first time what the iconic superstar succeeded in hiding from an all-too-invasive world.”

Stephen Kronish (The Kennedys) penned the script and Laurie Collyer (Sunlight Jr.) will direct.

The four-hour miniseries is slated to air in 2015.

Do you think Garner will do justice to MM? Would you have preferred to see another blond in the role? Hit the comments!

1. nellie says:

Dont know about her acting abilities but she definitely looks like Marilyn. All that’s missing is the blonde and it’d be eerie

2. JAson says:

After Michelle Williams performance it should be illegal for anyone else to try it. She own’s the role!!

3. I can’t wait to see how closed the Lifetime mini-series will be on Marilyn Monroe’s life. She can dye her hair blonde.

4. piper says:

Kelli Garner is a tremendous actress with quite an impressive range. I’ve been waiting for her to land another big role since Pan Am ended, so I’m very excited to watch her in this.

5. Gloria says:

She will do a great job. I loved her in PanAm and missed seeing her anywhere.

6. katya Monroe Carvalhaes says:

Acho que não se parece nem um pouco com a Marilyn monroe, bem mais velha, deveriam colocar uma na faixa etária de Marilyn antes de falecer.

7. Denise Marcacci says:

Good choice on actress selected to portray MM. Anxious to see mini series!

8. Jackie says:

I’m more concerned about how Susan Sarandon – who is a great actress, don’t get me wrong – can convincingly play Gladys who was in her early 20’s when she had Norma Jeane.

9. Tasween says:

its a pain for us n insult for Marilyn! Are tv producer n n director n team workers n blind. Do one thing take me n make dark monroe. I assure u I can do better

10. Audrey Pott says:

She might do her justice but I would have preferred Megan Hilty, I loved her in Smash and I thought she looked great as Marilyn Monroe.

11. Yolanda says:

Amazing choice! She’ll be fabulous Marilyn. She has the looks and chops to make it an Emmy-worthy performance.

12. Jenna says:

I kept wondering why there was nothing Kelli Garner was doing when Margot Robbie with her mediocre acting skills got such a huge break. I am glad she is back. She is a great actor and lets face it its hard to be portraying Marilyn Monroe but she will do a great. Her range of acting is pretty amazing.

13. Balooga says:

Good Luck , she’ll need it to mimic MM!!!!

14. Phil Wheeler says:

Miss Garner is a wonderful actress, can’t wait to see Marilyn. I wouldn’t be suprised to see her give a Emmy performace.