TLC Cancels Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

honeybooboothxgiving_620_011413

The Honey Boo Boo bubble has burst.

TLC has cancelled Here Comes Honey Boo Boo amid reports that Mama June is dating a convicted child molester, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED Can We Please Give Honey Boo-Boo – And All Such ‘Exploitainment TV’ – a Time-Out?

“TLC has cancelled the series Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and ended all activities around the series, effective immediately,” the network said in a statement. “Supporting the health and welfare of these remarkable children is our only priority. TLC is faithfully committed to the children’s ongoing comfort and well-being.”

A fifth season of the show was shot but will not air.

1. georgiamadman says:

Thank God this horrible “reality” show is off the air. But look what it took to get it cancelled…

• sue says:

I agree with you, georgiamadman!! THANK GOD IT’S OFF THE AIR!!! It blows my mind that people actually watched that stupid show!

• Linda says:

It’s like they’re another species. While I never watched the show(s) the previews were enough to make my jaw drop. What part of TLC is actually the ‘learning’ part, I wonder?

• David4 says:

They are, it’s called Southern. Some of my family has bred with them, it’s not a good sight.

• Sunny says:

Don’t lump all Southerners in with this lot!! Thank you very much! Not all the stereotypes glorified on reality television is true. Some of us can actually talk without subtitles and the list goes on…

• Joe E Dangerously says:

The fact that you need to specify that should tell you everything you need to know. ALL southerners? Of course, everyone gets that. But enough. The stereotype started, spread, and now is extremely prevalent. Golly gee, I wonder why. Hmmm…. Can’t be because there’s truth to it, right? Nahhhhhh…

• Dawn sellers says:

That “show” should have never been on tv to begin with ALL OF THEM ARE SICK AND TWISTED

2. nate says:

I can’t stop laughing.

3. Sara says:

Can I have the number of June’s boyfriend. I’d like to introduce him to Abby Miller & Kate Gosselin

• Annie says:

That’s an incredibly effed-up thing to write. Way to diminish and scoff at the very real trauma child sexual abuse causes. Your mom must be so proud.

• kirads09 says:

Agreed. Sara I believe you were just trying to be funny, but childhood sex assault should never be made light of (for sure never wished upon anyone.)

• Sara says:

I’m sorry, that came out wrong. But I really hope TV stations take a closer look at these reality shows. From what I’ve seen of both shows (mainly from The Soup) they don’t look like they are beneficial to these kids (except maybe financially). There are healthier competition shows like Master Chef

• Joe E Dangerously says:

Oh for God’s sake. Grow a sense of humor. If we can’t joke about anything bad or offensive then there goes comedy. The reason we make light of things is to help us cope with them. People make light of all kinds of things that they take seriously in reality. They’re two different things and you need to learn to separate that or you’re going to lead a very sad and miserable life.

• deb lev says:

I don’t think Sara is hoping any child is molested, nor was she diminishing or scoffing or making light out of any such situation…she was just alluding that such a situation could lead to the cancellation of Abby Miller & Kate Gosselin. I totally agree.

4. Diane says:

Never watched it but previews and stories about this messed family should not have ever gone past one season. Makes me wonder about the intelligence of those in charge in the first place!

5. I never understood why this show was on the air to begin with.

• Patrick says:

It let intelligent people correctly laugh at morons who don’t know they’re morons. As the people at Duck Dynasty, 19 Kids and Counting (or whatever its called), and now Booboo are learning, it is hard to make a show about idiots or zealots (be they conservatives or liberals). That’s because those idiots or zealots do and say stupid/offensive things when the producers aren’t there to edit the content.
      Duck Dynasty lost a lot of viewers when Phil spouted off about homosexuals. I think the 19 Kids show will lose viewers after one of the daughter’s unfortunate comments about the Holocaust. Lots of moderates watch these shows to laugh at the idiots, while glossing over what the people there actually do or believe, which has been heavily edited in the first place. Once their true colors are shown (again, liberal extremists or conservative extremists) people get mad and abandon the show.
      Further, WRT Honey Booboo, that shtick gets old fast. When Booboo was a little kid, it was funny. That same behavior, as a pretween or older, is just sad and borderline disturbing. I think the breakup of the parents was a klaxon alarm for the producers. Showing the rednecks as essentially kind hearted morons doing the best they could while loving one another was a good premise. Dad trolling for internet strange while the “star” gets older and less adorable is shaky. And contracts were probably up soon. There is no resale ability for these reality shows, so there is no point in making new eps if the cost is going up. The PTB at the show were looking to pull the plug, and they got a ready made reason.

• Matt says:

So while I don’t disagree with your comments about idiots making stupid comments, I may have to disagree with intelligent people watching idiots to correctly laugh at them. Intelligent people don’t laugh at ignorance, it makes them sad. And intelligent people generally understand that ignorance leads to ignorant comments. Now let’s talk about me, I’m not intelligent. But I do like duck dynasty. While I definitely do not agree with what Phil said, is there anyone who was really surprised by a southern dude who grew up in a racist time being a little racist? Are we really worried about what that guys opinion about people who are different than him is? I’ll end by saying that the moral of every duck dynasty episode, well the vast majority of duck dynasty episodes, is generally very positive. That’s my rant, please open fire, that’s what makes these forums fun

• cas says:

I disagree with this to an extent. I have a friend who I would say is intelligent, unless we are talking Einstein. She is educated and has a good job but would watch this show on the weekends. She is also a reality show junkie and normally enjoys the trashy ones. She enjoys seeing the complete mess of a life these people have and the fact that they are ignorant to it. It’s also like an amazement to her that they don’t get how nuts they are. However, I have tried watching an episode or two with her and I just can’t take it. Like I can’t believe you can raise children that way. For one of those kids’ birthday one year they let her eat like a whole freaking cow. Now I am not saying that everyone has to be stick thin or they don’t have a right to be overweight but I mean if my teenager was overweight and wanted to eat his or her weight in food I would be worried. Not to mention the one being pregnant. Also, have tried watching Duck Dynasty with her before. Don’t get that either. However, I have heard that one does tend to have a more moral storyline etc. And I do agree about that old guys racist comment. I was not surprised nor do I think people should have cared so much; it was like he personally named them and attacked them.

6. Sam says:

Pretty serious if an already shot 5th season won’t be aired. But it’s always a sunny day when sth like this goes off air.

7. Moment says:

Better late than never I suppose. TLC were pretty desperate airing it to begin with. I myself like reality tv, but everything about this show was a disgrace.

8. John P. says:

“Remarkable children”?

Really?

9. I should be shock that Here Comes Honey Boo Boo got the axes. We both know as soon as the mess is over that TLC will bring back the show with a differ names.

10. Cindy Groves says:

I am so glad this program has been taken off the air. I only watched the show one time but that was one time too many for me. I even found the Previews Offensive! I am so glad it has been taken off the air, my only regret is for the children of this woman, what will happen to them with them with their mother as a guidance and This Man in their Lives??

11. Wtactualf says:

Mama June is DISGUSTING! Not because of her appearance, but because she knowingly and willingly brings a child molestor around her kids. Get some self respect, lady!

12. Brandon says:

Darn it, June! Why did you have to ruin everything?

13. Barry says:

Oh no — what will the brain-dead watch now?

14. Now let’s hope Children’s Services keeps a very close eye on this situation…

• Elyse says:

Couldn’t agree more!

• notyourmama says:

I agree. I was just thinking that there have always been cameras and camera operators around the kids, but now there’s a better chance that this guy will be alone with the kids. Its not TLC’s responsibility to protect the kids from the mother’s choices, but having extra people there probably kept the kids a little bit safer.

15. dragons3 says:

Too bad that “support the health and welfare of these remarkable children” doesn’t extend to the Gosselin 8 and all the other children exploited by this despicable “network”.

16. kirads09 says:

Bye Bye Honey Boo Boo!! If only the whole genre of faux reality would go away. Hope that child saves the $ she’s earned from her 15 minutes for all the therapy she’s going to need if she is going to survive and be a halfway healthy functioning adult.

17. Amanda says:

Thank god! That show was taking up good air space..

18. Babybop says:

Wow. Good for you, TLC. I’m impressed they took action. I hope that her children are protected and don’t go near that man.

19. albertj15 says:

No real loss

20. robinepowell says:

I am glad. Never saw what was so interesting about this show.

It was gross to watch and hard to understand.

21. Dean says:

Long overdue.

22. dkwilley says:

THAT’s what it took to get this trash cancelled?? I have such a hard time understanding how shows like this become successful.

• Angie says:

Actually it makes me wonder how long TLC knew about this catastrophe before it hit the “news”, or would TLC have kept it on the air for however long it was popular????
      Hmmm…………!

• Joe E Dangerously says:

Really? You have a hard time understanding that? Obviously you’ve never spent time in the deep south. Once you do it will all become very clear.

23. Me says:

And there was much rejoicing!

24. YES!!! Now if they would they cancel 19 kids and counting…..

25. Geo says:

One down, Duck Dynasty to go.

26. John says:

Dang, I loved that show. I hope they at least release the last season online.
    Seriously bummed 😞

27. Thank god it’s gone.

28. CactusRose says:

That show was a waste of air time. Never watched it – looked too ridiculous, as most reality TV is today. All it does was make a bunch of unknown, stupid hillbillies a lot of money. And prove the dumbing-down of America is in high gear.

29. Cindy says:

Horrible show I only watched it once that was enough! Now bring back Dallas!

30. Renee says:

I never watched this garbage and now I’m glad no one else will

31. Phyllis Nethken says:

Amen. My faith has been restored in TV. The so called reality shows on all the networks IMO are a total waste of time on all the airways.

32. SherryB says:

This horrible show should have NEVER been on the air to begin with. Glorifying pure trailer-trash, 4 kids by 4 different daddy’s, and a foul mouth brat is wrong..Boo-boo needs her mouth washed out and Mama needs to be fixed so she can’t in-breed anymore offspring..TLC seriously needs to rethink their “reality show” concepts..And fans of this mess need counseling..

33. Wendi Simons says:

The quality of TV has now improved 1,000 percent since getting rid of that ghastly garbage. Talk about cleansing the gene pool, those people are the reason why it’s needed.

34. TooBadSoSad says:

LOL.. Like TLC ever had ANY interest in supporting the well-being of these children. They viewed them just as the mother does: Something to exploit and make a buck on thank to their single brain cell viewers.

35. Our long national nightmare is finally over!

36. Rashana Kennon says:

I love that show that was the past your wrong to stop the show we want it back. Sign me and my family up for a show

37. steve says:

good and about time…now those effin Kardashians are next I hope

38. Mary says:

Thank God, how it lasted this long is beyond me.

39. Fack-up says:

i never watched the show but i see it in commercial but still I am annoyed when I see it :)

40. Mistri says:

Thank The Lord this abomination of a show and its miscreants will be off the air forever. That Mama June is one sharp lady NOT.

41. Compassion is the operative word for the day: This family is representative of us all, in my opinion… the 99% of us struggling to make ends meet. None of the people stacking insult upon injury would ever pass a dollar bill on the ground…just as this family jumped at the chance to clean up on whatever goldmine (by their standards) the TV execs offered them to allow the cameras in their home. We all do stupid things in the privacy of our homes but there are few willing to exaggerate their own idiosyncrasies for the benefit of a big payday. It is highly improbable that their eccentric behavior goes on now that the clock has struck 15:01 minutes. Examined through the prism of being able to live high on the hog, comparatively speaking, for not having to either go to a dead-end-indentured-servile job or, even worse, vainly LOOK FOR ONE DAILY while living in an impoverished state: Who among us would not leap at such an opportunity? Save your stones, girls, you may need them to defend yourself one day.

• Moment says:

@This family is representative of us all

Not really no. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t come from a lower class family. That said, I have a healthy bank balance so I wouldn’t want or need to put myself through that.

• rinaex says:

I’ve never dated a child molester who hurt my own child, and then had one of my kids lie about it to the press. So no, they do not or ever will represent me whatsoever.

42. Wendy says:

There *is* a God!

43. It took you long enough! How you coud support such “slime” is beyond belief! And try to think of good wholsome people that are clean and good for a change. Not “slobs”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TV needs some clean and thoughtful programs. Get a life! Thank you……

44. nancy says:

I’ve never watched the show b/c the previews are so disgusting! Do people really want to watch a very overweight (obese) mother and her obese child? The show has no redeeming qualities, AT ALL!!!
    Also, the mother’s sick selection of a child molester for a relationship shows no regard of what type of people she brings into her child’s life!!!!

45. SMatheson says:

Thank God — now, if they could resist these exploitive reality shows and take them off the air. This show, the teen mom shows, are all terrible for our younger generation. Terrible examples of people and yet the channels only care about the money.

46. Doris says:

The only good reality show is The Amazing Race!

47. Linda Marks Rogers says:

No big loss, it’s about time. This was not quality TV. Put something good on besides a child that burps and makes crude noises under her arms.

• Linda says:

I understood that they actually had to use sub-titles on this show – I swear they’re another species and the trailers made my jaw drop. Who watches this stuff. C’mon TLC you can do better than that, surely. Ask us what we want to see and then create it, like Netflix and HBO and Showtime.

48. Abe Froman says:

Awesome. Now what can we do about the Kardashians? Maybe we should set up Kris Jenner with a sex offender.