Ratings: Reign, ABC Dramas Tick Up; Bad Judge, A to Z Slip; Football Pops

Bad Judge Ratings

ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy (with 8.6 million total viewers and a 2.5 demo rating, per finals) and Scandal (10 mil/3.0) each added eyeballs and a tenth in the demo this Thursday, while How to Get Away With Murder (10 mil/3.0) rose two tenths.

Elsewhere….

CBS | Thursday Night Football (20.2 mil/6.7) was up a good 25 percent from last week’s finals. CBS’ scripted line-up returns next Thursday.

FOX | Leading out of a Bones rerun (4.4 mil/0.9), Gracepoint (3.5 mil/0.8) was flat.

NBC | The Biggest Loser (4.6 mil/1.2) dipped a tenth to match its series low, Bad Judge (4.4 mil/1.0) slipped two tenths and A to Z (3.1 mil/0.9) ticked down one tenth. Parenthood (4 mil/1.2) was down a tenth.

THE CW | Vampire Diaries (1.7 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth, while Reign (1.3 mil/0.5) inched up a tenth.

1. Dean says:

NBC should stop trying to make comedies. The rest of their lineup this year and last seems pretty stable and they could have just done all drama shows. There’s no shame in being a network that has no comedies programs I mean look at HBO.

2. george says:

Scandal
    Htgawm
    Grey’s
    Tgit all the way

3. Jesse says:

I would really like to know what the demo rating would be for female-skewing programmes against male-skewing programmes (outside of sport). I think that would be a more accurate yard stick than age.

4. Tran says:

I’m not so sure if CBS is planning to do Thursday Night Football next year.

5. I guess i’ll never know what happens at the end of the 8 months Andy and Zelda’s dating.
    Hope the ratings for A to Z improves.

6. David4 says:

I love Murder! Great show! Too bad we only get 15 episodes a season.

7. Ray says:

A to Z and Parenthood were interrupted/preempted in NYC due to a news bulletin about a doctor contracting Ebola.

8. DJR says:

Regarding “A to Z”: The red-headed side-kick has got to go. All of his scenes are excruciating to watch and detract from an otherwise enjoyable show. Also, the office “politics” sub-plots are weak. Although I like this show, these bad elements will most likely prevent this show from being renewed (or even making it to the end of its first season).

• KatsMom says:

Agreed. He is definitely the weak link on that show, and I find myself zoning out of the show when the show’s dealing with Wallflower.

• hnflabs says:

When I saw Big Bird talking about keeping folks dating, instead of finding them a connection, I was so blown away. APM’s Marketplace had just talked about that . . . AND how a handful of companies own so many different sites. When I read your comment, I felt like such a nerd . . . dweeb . . . “whatever” for liking it.

9. herman1959 says:

Obviously, Thursday Night Football and Shondaland sucked off most of the viewers with little to go around for everyone else. I’m interested in seeing how Thursdays ratings look after Thursday Night Football is over, what does everyone think – winners/losers?

10. H&F Labs says:

Ever since Arli$$ ended the only intentionally funny shows (shows that make me actually laugh, or at least smile) on HBO are the “true stories” and “documentaries” it produces or airs. As to quality comedy and ratings, the TV graveyard is full of funny, creative comedies. Alas, I see A – Z being one of them, but not because it isn’t well done. On that list you add “Better Off Ted,” “Committed” from the same people who bring you “The Middle,” “The Tick,” and some others that have died ignoble deaths. “Newsradio” somehow survived four seasons, despite being on a different night every week, while inferior shows were given much better treatment. Heck, Cheers was the single LOWEST rated show the week it premiered.