Ratings: 100 Ties Low; Arrow, Nashville, Crim Minds Tick Up; NBC Dramas Dip

The 100 Season 2 Premiere Ratings

The CW’s The 100 returned on Wednesday to 1.5 million total viewers, a 0.5 demo rating and chocolate cake (per finals), down sharply from its debut (2.7 mil/0.9) and tying its series-low demo, but on par with its last time leading out of a fresh Arrow (1.7 mil/0.6).

Arrow itself did 2.6 mil and a 0.9, ticking up 11 percent and a tenth from last week.

Elsewhere, opposite professional baseball’s World Series Game 2….

NBC | Mysteries of Laura (8.1 mil/1.3), SVU (7.2 mil/1.6) and Chicago P.D. (6.8 mil/1.5) each dipped a tenth in the demo.

CBS | Survivor (9.1 mil/2.2) shed a few eyeballs and a tenth in the demo, Criminal Minds (9.8 mil/2.5) ticked up a tenth and Stalker (7.3 mil/1.7) was flat in the demo.

ABC | The Middle (7.2 mil/2.1) and The Goldbergs (7 mil/2.3) each rose a tenth, Modern Family (10 mil/3.4) was flat and black-ish (8 mil/2.4) slipped a tenth, while Nashville (5.4 mil/1.5) gained two tenths.

FOX | World Series Game 2 coverage drew 12.2 mil and a 7.3 rating, up 6 and 8 percent from the series opener.

1. LT says:

THE 100 was AWESOME!!!!

2. Ray says:

I wouldn’t call The 100 steady. It matched its series low.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Interesting. Noted!

• leahbh says:

It seems to me that this would be a show that get’s a good bump from +3 & +7 numbers. I watched live last night (don’t have a nielson box so, it doesn’t matter anyway) but I don’t think I’ll watch live again. There were WAY too many commercials and the breaks seemed really long.

3. sarah j says:

Chicago PD is such a great show. I hope it was just a once time dip.

4. Dan says:

I don’t understand how so many people can still watch Mysteries of Laura? Has the show gotten better since the – god-awful with not one likable character and completely unbelivable writing – pilot?
    Maybe it’s just because I work as a cop myself that I can’t appreciate that garbage.

• Julia says:

It has gotten a little better, but I think people are just watching for Debra Messing. It is one of those background shows that I watch since I don’t care much about anything else that is on at 8pm.

• Moment says:

People are slowly losing interest it seems, each episode is slowly bleeding viewers. It won’t be long until the show fails to adjust up and pulls a 1.2, 1.1 etc until its final episode. Shame.

• Mary Ann says:

I like it. It is a procedural with some light comedy, and I have always liked Debra Messing. Not everything has to be so dark and grim. Plus, how many police shows realistically portray the police. My brother is a cop and always laughs at how the CSI guys in those shows are all involved in the investigation and the interrogation of the suspects. You just have to suspend your beliefs and go with it.

• Terry Anders says:

Thank you! Couldn’t agree more. I worked for a local police department a few years ago, and true police work is totally different from fictional in so many ways. I enjoy the show for enjoyment sake.

5. Chris G says:

I forgot the World Series was even on.

6. Team ME! says:

ouch the 100, losing too much of Arrow lead in

7. Neki says:

Nice job, ABC comedy block. It’s finally working. I could watch those 4 comedies for years to come.

8. vee says:

NBC- Nothing but Crap. with the exception of the Blacklist and the used to be Revolution.

9. Dick Whitman says:

Evidently the reports of the demise of Mysteries Of Laura have been greatly exaggerated.

10. storys says:

I liked the 100 episode overall but I hope that some of the groups get back together. Having everyone separated is expected given the way the finale went but I am hoping it doesn’t last long. Not necessarily everyone suddenly back as one big camp but not separated the whole season. While I know they needed to change things up I think they might have had the adults getting landside a little early. Seems like that would be more of a season 2 finale then season two premiere. Maybe even a season 3 thing. Plan to keep watching though.