Nina Dobrev on The Originals: First Photos of Doppelganger Tatia

Nina Dobrev Tatia

Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to Nina Dobrev‘s wildest doppelganger yet.

RELATED Nina Dobrev, Joseph Morgan on Tatia’s Originals Crossover: ‘It’s Shocking’

The CW on Tuesday released the first photos from Dobrev’s appearance on the Nov. 3 episode of The Originals, in which she plays Tatia, the former lover of both Klaus and Elijah Mikaelson.

“It’s shocking, I think,” Joseph Morgan recently told TVLine of Tatia’s appearance. “It’s pretty grim. I don’t want to spoil too much, but it’s definitely revealing of the brothers and what happened back then.”

The new batch of photos also includes flashback shots of Klaus and Elijah (hello, hair!), plus more of Alice Evans as the original Esther.

Your thoughts on Dobrev’s latest look? Click through the photos, then drop a comment with your reaction below.

1. Nate says:

Here come the “no more doppelganger” people

2. mooshki says:

Orphan Black rip-off.

3. Tran says:

I’m freaking out by Nina Dobrev’s new hairdo.

4. M3rc Nate says:

So i guess its just in the characters blood (no matter the doppelganger) to bang brothers….gross.

5. Original says:

i was so sad the they brought the whole original family to TVD/mystic falls only to kill 60% of them and THEN create a spin off.

I understand the draw of their family history but burning Esther’s original body (and Kol and Finn) really messed them up for this spin off and they have to find supernatural loopholes to bring all the family members back.

• James says:

That’s the thing with fantasy shows, you can always bend the rules of life and death. Thus, it doesn’t seem so far-fetched to get them original portrayers back onscreen as their characters in the present time through the use of some Mikkaelson magic.

6. Dakota says:

the doppelgänger storyline is actually from the vampire diaries books I mean it doesn’t go as far as Katherine but Elena looks exactly like her in the book. Although they are much different from the show in the books Elena and Katherine have pale skin blue eyes and blonde hair she is mostly known as the ice princess. Anyways from what they made up in the show it seems that amara is the very first doppelgänger then it’s tatia then Katherine and Elena. So we will get to see what happened to tatia and how her story came to be and ended how she affected the brothers and what her role was in making them vampires.

• James says:

If we’re going technicalities, we can consider Tatia as the very first known doppleganger in Amara’s line of descendants. For all we know, there may have been others who were born bearing Amara’s face between her time in Ancient Greece to Tatia’s in pre-Columbian Mystic Falls. We never even got to hear about those other dopplegangers along Silas’s line, except for that poor paramedic.

Supposedly, the curse that was set upon Amara and Silas was supposed to produce dopplegangers in every generation in the Salvatore and Petrova lines but when the vampires came about, no thanks to Esther, it messed everything up, starting Tatia.

7. Chris says:

I’m really excited about this storyline, I’m just confused cuz I tjought on TVD Marcus said that he could only cast that spell that kept vampires out of mystic falls if all the doppelgängers were dead? That’s why they killed the Stefan doppelgänger?

8. lilian says:

I always love looking at Nina, put her in every show on CW even Arrow, I would not mind.

9. Temperance says:

Somebody needs to feed this cast – some are getting rather unattractively thin. Ugh. And please somebody, make Klaus keep his clothes on. Anorexia is not a good look on anyone.

• James says:

Joseph Morgan always has naturally thin frame. Check out his previous credits like his arc in Casualty on Youtube.

• Kristen says:

Yes, I think he is naturally thin, but he does seem to have lost more weight since being on TO. I don’t remember him being this thin in that episode when Caroline was trying to fish out the white oak stake fragments that he thought Silas had left in him. As Ben Hur, he was even more muscular so maybe he does it intentionally to match the characters he plays.

10. mindy says:

Its not a crossover its nina dobrev guest starring on the originals!

11. MJG66 says:

Another doppelganger? These shows jump back and forth over the shark so often that I am done.

• James says:

They’ve mentioned Tatia in earlier seasons of TVD. Makes sense that TO explore that to expand the story of the Mikkaelsons. After all, her blood as a doppleganger was what created the entire vampire race.

12. Kelly says:

It will be just like the rest of her acting…one dimensional.. This chick cannot act her way out of a paper bag…SHE SUCKS! Not sure why everyone is gaga over her. IMO she is over-rated and just another pretty face.

• Verra says:

You seem to be the only one dimensional thing here. Maybe do some research and see what directors and actors say about her. Live your one dimensional life away please!

13. Letti says:

Nina looks great as Tatia. And I’m happy to seeher on TO as I don’t watch TVD anymore xP I was curious about Tatia ever since they mentioned her in season 3 (all beore the Silas- Amara drama). And hey it’s just a flashback, and kind of important, so I can’t wait :)

14. beverlyne says:

love klaus all the way and I prefer him with caroline miss the klaroline drama….plus we need more witches …missing the witchy witchy stuff….quatsyia the super witch should make a comeback…nina dobrev as tatia cant wait …

15. zed says:

I can’t wait for this episode to air! It is going to be really interesting seeing what really happened between the two brothers and I persume that it’s because of Tatia that Klaus stopped feeling anything for anyone for a long time. Also, so want to know what is the thing with Elijah and the Petrova doppelgangers! He loved Katherine, I guess Tatia, too… Elena was important to him as well… anyway… this is an important part of understanding Elijah and Klaus’ emotional side… The Originals were introduced in TVD and I think it is important to watch them in that show to get to understand a lot about them. Nina looks great as Tatia.

16. taylor swift says:

please have a ian sommerhalder crossover…likes his acting

17. Invodka says:

shes boring and pathetic!and not even pretty