Ratings: Race Hits High, Cristela Steady

Amazing Race Ratings

CBS’ The Amazing Race this Friday drew 6.6 million total viewers and a 1.4 demo rating (per finals), rising 12 and 27 percent week-to-week to deliver season highs.

Leading out of that, a quite terrific episode of Hawaii Five-0 (9.2 mil/1.2) was steady, while Blue Bloods (10.7 mil/1.2) dipped 4 percent and a tenth.

Over on ABC, Last Man Standing (6.7 mil/1.3) rose a tenth, while Cristela (6 mil/1.2) and Shark Tank (7.3 mil/1.9) each dipped just a tenth.

Fox’s Utopia (1.8 mil/0.9) was flat.

The CW’s encore of the Jane the Virgin pilot drew 1.3 mil and a 0.3. Top Model (1.1 mil/0.3) dipped a tenth.

NBC’s encore of the Marry Me pilot added 3 mil/0.7, while a repeat of About a Boy‘s season opener did 2.7 mil/0.6.

NEXT FRIDAY: NBC’s Grimm returns and Constantine premieres.

1. ScrubsGuy says:

Hawaii 5-0 went pretty dark. Solid episode.

2. Eric says:

I can’t get used to Amazing Race on Fridays. I miss it as my weekend-wind-down on Sundays.

3. Cristela is genuinely funny! I was surprised by how much I loved it!

• JB Smooove says:

i agree. i watched the first episode last week. i thought it was a bit over-acted by the lead, but overall it was good and funny. plus, over the first few episodes they will work all the jags and smooth it over. about to watch the second eppy on the dvr…

4. KN says:

Good to see TAR up! I love it on Friday!

5. Ron says:

When will Fox give up on Utopia?!?! Just admit you had a really stupid show idea, that wasn’t even kind of thought out, wasn’t conveyed well to the public as to what it actually even is, cut your loses, and call it a day. If you have an ultra-stupid idea, chances are it will fail anyway. If you have an ultra-stupid idea AND launch it too early, you will definitely fail. If Fox can’t see this, then there’s no helping them.

6. ... says:

Cristela has no room to fall. ABC doesn’t own it and it’s quite a ways from syndication, so it getting the same numbers as a show limping to syndication isn’t great. It won’t take much for it to fall below a 1.0, given the ratings crash that comes every spring, and I just can’t see them renewing something that’s in the fractions during its first season.

7. Sara says:

Loved the last Amazing Race episode, even though I was cringing when most of them didn’t know the capitals

8. Josh Emerson says:

I am really enjoying Cristela! The ratings aren’t great, but it’s Friday night and is almost matching LMS, so I don’t see how much more could have been expected.

9. Boiler says:

CW time to get Hart of Dixie back!!

10. John says:

Really like Cristela. But please stop the laughing machine. It’s annoying !!

11. Kay says:

5-O killed it last night…..Mouth dropped open when Danny pulled the trigger!!

12. J.Norman says:

I have to admit that Cristela is better (at least so far) than I thought it would be.
    I never heard of the lead (Cristela) before but she is funny in a Mindy Kaling sort of way.

They might want to consider how much to use the heavyset brother in law, though. He seems to weak link.

13. ninamags says:

Can someone please tell me how the situation on Blue Bloods was resolved???

My local, worthless CBS affiliate messed up the broadcast and they never showed the last 15 minutes!!!!

The little boy came forward, I imagine..