Ratings: Vampire Diaries, Bones Rise; Reign, A to Z Steady; Gracepoint Dips

Reign Season 2 Ratings

The CW’s Vampire Diaries this Thursday drew 1.83 million total viewers and a 0.9 demo rating (per finals), up 8 percent and a tenth week-to-week.

Reign led out of that with 1.3 mil and a 0.4, adding some eyeballs and steady in the demo.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Grey’s Anatomy (8.5 mil/2.4) was steady, Scandal (9.9 mil/2.9) added some eyeballs but ticked down in the demo, and How to Get Away With Murder (9.8 mil/2.8) slipped 9 and 10 percent.

RELATED Read Recaps for Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and Murder

FOX | Bones (6.6 mil/1.7) inched up 3 percent and a tenth, but Gracepoint (3.8 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth.

NBC | The Biggest Loser (4.7 mil/1.3) rose a tenth, Bad Judge (4.7 mil/1.2) slipped a tenth, and both A to Z (3.4 mil/1.0) and Parenthood (4.1 mil/1.3) were steady.

CBS | Thursday Night Football (16.1 mil/5.4) matched its week-ago finals.

1. spindae2 says:

Yay for Reign! Getting back on track. I assume the whole time it was around 0.5 but Nielsen screwed up.

• Lanie says:

Football dominates the weekend. What happened to Monday night football? WHY THURSDAY??? I want to see REIGN rise like the champion it is. It’s different than other shows on television. We are drowning in NCIS, murder shows, cop shows, reality nonsense. We need REIGN because its so fairy tale like. It will survive. I know it will.

• JAson says:

Not sure it’s that different. It’s pretty much a response to the popularity of Game Of Thrones for the WB demographic! THat said I do enjoy it for the soapiness of it and the gorgeous women!

2. Joe says:

Last nights scandal was the best so far this year ( even though I cringed during the Olivia & and Fitz scenes )

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Far and away the best. I was riveted. All three Shonda shows, in fact, were terrific.

• Eric7740 says:

I 100% agree Matt!!! Olivia Pope is my halloween costume this year!!!

• Joe says:

Haven’t seen murder yer DVRd it

• Bryce says:

I agree. I have a feeling Murder will sit around where it’s at ratings-wise now. Greys wrapped up a huge, long storyline. SOMETHING finally happened on Scandal. And Murder is just tearing it up. I’m so glad TGIT is turning out to be as quality as its marketing campaign way. What a night of television!

• herman1959 says:

Does this mean we can expect the ratings for The Shondaland Three to go up next week? Anyone can answer, including Matt The Ratings Wizard (good costume Idea?).

3. Ashley says:

What do you think the chances of A to Z getting additional episodes ordered if it stays like that?

4. wrstlgirl says:

How To Get Away With Murder was amazing last night. It just keeps getting better and better. Viola Davis is fascinating.

5. Sarah says:

So proud of Bones :) Hopefully it will adjust up, too

6. Ray says:

Glad to see Reign is up. Fingers crossed there is no downward adjustment though.

7. DreamRose311 says:

I really like A to Z, I hope it can hold on…

But is anyone else shocked that it’s mid October and we still haven’t had anything pulled? I mean, Utopia on Tuesdays, but it’s still on other nights, so that doesn’t really count…Did I miss something else getting pulled?

8. Tran says:

Marry Me and A to Z would’ve been a great fit for NBC’s hour long comedy block and not Bad Judge.

9. ninamags says:

The coronation scene in Reign was beautiful!

HTGAWM was fantastic as well.

10. MarkC says:

Next day Ratings opposite NFL games should be taken with a grain of salt. Many watched the game n MLB game and dvr’d their Thursday shows.

11. Nevada Queen says:

Looks like Fox’s patience with Gracepoint has finally worn thin with a continuing drop in viewers as well as demos. Word on insider boards are that Hell’s Kitchen is taking its place and don’t know when they will show the remaining seven episodes. Since so few people are watching, won’t be noticed. Thank goodness for Bones. Fox are taking an absolute plastering this year. A run of truly awful shows and Gracepoint, as dire as it is, is not even the worse!