Kingdom 'Renewed' by DirecTV

Kingdom Renewed Season 2

DirecTV is expanding its Kingdom.

The provider has ordered 20 additional episodes of its new MMA drama, our sister site Deadline reports, just two episodes into its 10-episode run on Audience Network.

RELATED Matt Lauria, Jonathan Tucker Preview DirecTV’s MMA Drama Kingdom, Duke It Out Over Parenthood‘s Amber

Starring Nick Jonas, Matt Lauria, Frank Grillo, Kiele Sanchez, Jonathan Tucker and Joanna Going, Kingdom will begin production on this next batch of episodes in Spring 2015.

According to DirecTV, Kingdom “has proven to be one of Audience Network’s most popular shows of all time.”

1. Jennae says:

Yay for fans of this Kingdom. Not so fun for fans of the Stephen Fry Kingdom variety.

• ComeOn says:

Oh good. So I was not the only one getting confused every time Kingdom was mentioned. Wish Stephen Fry acts more often.

2. Miranda says:

I haven’t caught this new show yet but I think Frank Grillo is a beast and am happy to see him work whether on the small screen or cool action roles like Capt America 2 and Warrior.

3. The Beach says:

Jonathan Tucker is so good as the bad son. And I agree with Miranda: Frank Grillo is a beast, a really, really hot beast.

4. Bwhit says:

Great news, this is an awesome show. I love the character Matt Lauria plays, Ryan… There is so much to tell from his standpoint. I’m not sure of the actor’s name that plays Jay, but he is excellent too.

5. lilian says:

Goodness gracious me, Nick Jonas….yum

6. Candice says:

I need to finish the first episode.

7. Doug says:

I wasted an hour watching the first episode.

8. Dan says:

Way cool show hooked fast way to go

9. rita says:

Awesome show ty for the renew!!

10. Amanda says:

I am so relieved to know Kingdom will have more seasons. Completely addicted to this show. The characters personalities just drew me in. Love it!!!

11. Adriana says:

Are they going to have a season 2?

• Jessica says:

The got picked up for 20 more episodes. If the season is 10 episodes that means they got picked up for at least two more seasons

12. tang wu says:

The cast DESERVES op awards for over the top excellence in acting. EACH actor has set the bar so high that “regular” A-List actors look almost “lame”!!! “Ryan Wheeler is gorgeous as well. “Jay” reveals layers of his character seamlessly. Nick Jonas “says” VOLUMES with silence. “Christina” is better than Streep/Chastain for sure better than Blanchett!! On and on. CAN’T wait for next SIX (??!!) Seasons!!

• kelbel says:

I completely agree with you. I was blown away at how Nick speaks volumes without even saying anything. For a person coming from Broadway you would think he would be over acting. Instead he says it all with micro expressions. This show and the actors should be nominated for some awards. Would Emmy awards be the proper ones? They are tv right?

13. Christina Vale says:

This is a promising show. I was immediately drawn in! Jonathan is such an incredible actor, truly magnificent as Jay Kulina. At first i had my doubts about Nick Jonas playing Nate however when i saw the first episode, i immediately understood why he got the role. Frank Grillo is also a remarkable actor, his character has so many layers and the way he has potrayed him thus far has been impeccable. Matt Lauria as Ryan Wheeler? what more can you ask for. Not only is he such a versatile and diverse actor he is amazing to look at! … All these men as well as woman (Lisa and Christina) are amazing, just an awesome cast with such incredible talent. I hope to see many seasons come out of this tv show. It should most definitely be nominated for a few Golden Globes!

14. kelbel says:

I like how Nick was just a player on the show but now it’s staring Nick Jonas because he absolutely killed it. I cannot wait for season 2!

15. Li says:

LOVE this series. Thank GOD it is renewed!! Every actor and actress is amazing. Keep this show coming!!!

16. amanda says:

I absolutely love this show hoping to see lots more from,it I ha e been,in suspense about what will happen with alvy and his girl.

17. Mike huizar says:

Kingdom is my new favorite show!!! Can’t wait for season 2

18. dustin calette says:

Wow i love that show can’t wait for season two

19. Chris says:

I’m obsessed with the show. love it

20. Pat says:

Glad to see “kingdom” will be back. Looking forward to new season.

21. Leigh says:

Love this show! It’s Soo good! I hope they add some positive stuff soon though! It’s so drama filled, but I can’t wait until the next season!!!

22. Does anyone know the season two premier date? I want o put it on my calendar :)

23. Karen says:

Love the show

24. Karen says:

Love love love the show

25. dania merrifield says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE kingdom….but could not deal with direct-tv. How do I get to watch my FAVORITE show with dish.

26. James k. says:

Have to say that was an epic series .am so looking forward for sn 2

27. Michael Brewer says:

When does the next season begin?

28. FarEastBeastMan says:

Glad to hear more seasons are coming, still trippin out about Nick Jonah’s last scene. Big fan of MMA, Frank Grillo makes you wanna see him fight in UFC. Jonathan Tucker is a inspiring, makes me wanna start training again.

29. Jasmin says:

Love this show! All actors are great in it, just wish I didn’t have to wait till October for the new season

30. Brandon says:

I hope y’all never end the kingdom series I hope they keep going and going cuz I can’t get enough of the mma action on kingdom!!!!

31. I’m a Nick Jonas fan and found out about this just 2 days ago. I just finished episode 10. It was just so good. Jonathan Tucker is SO good! Matt Lauria is SO good. Everyone is just SO good. Ugh. Love it so much!

32. Nancy Reid says:

I watch Kingdom every Friday night , Love the show . Can some one tell me why its not on tonight Date April 24 2015 tk u in advance

33. Deb says:

Awesome show!!! One of my favorites and I cannot wait for season 2!! Nick Jonas rocks!!

34. Lily says:

Cannot wait for the 2nd season of KINGDOM! Love the entire cast … hurry up October 2015!!!

35. Ivette says:

I’m soooooo freaking excited Kingdom has been renewed. I caught it about halfway into the first season n I was immediately hooked!!!! So now like a fiend, I’m anxiously awaiting season 2!!! Thx for a great show n a great cast!!!

36. Mgio says:

I never thought I would watch MMA anything but this show has completely won me over with it’s incredible cast and superior Emmy quality writing, AUD is fast becoming one of my favorite channels. Renew this Monster of talent, nothing else like it, Direct TV is beginning to be worth the money.

37. Bill says:

If they start production in Spring of 2015–When do they expect Season 2 to air?

38. simonne plott says:

Creative article – I Appreciate the info , Does someone know where my assistant could get access to a sample UK VAF5 document to use ?

39. Nancy says:

Can’t wait to see season 3 when does it start up again??? Love Kiele SANCHEZ in anything she does. Think the show should be more recognized for the acting they do. Awesome