NBC Unveils Peter Pan Live! Poster: Hook'd Yet?

Peter Pan Live! - Season 2014

Allison Williams is taking flight — figuratively and literally — thanks to NBC’s upcoming Peter Pan Live!

In the new poster for the holiday-season event (Thursday, Dec. 4, 8/7c), the Girls star soars through the moonlit sky, dagger in hand, in the role of the titular mischief maker.

An almost unrecognizable Christopher Walken, meanwhile, looms above her as Captain Hook, menace flashing in his eyes and a cascade of black curls falling around his shoulders.

There’s a map, a plume, some palm trees, some pixie dust and an old ship in the mix, too.

Check out the official poster below, then share your anticipation level for the Peacock net’s latest Broadway-to-TV adaptation!
Peter Pan Live! - Season 2014

1. That Peter Pan outfit is the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen.

2. EJ says:

This really does look to be an unmitigated disaster on every level.

3. Tran says:

I’m NOT planning to watch Peter Pan Live on NBC. Hope it doesn’t topped The Sound of Music last year.

4. Ray says:

Wow. Pure cheese.

5. Eric says:

I can’t watch this. My attraction to Peter is too strong and confusing.

6. K says:

Alison will be amazing as Peter Pan, the haters are just sheep. She’s a talented girl.

• Drew says:

How are they sheep? Peter Pan looks like a hipster female bike messenger, not a pre-teen boy. And anyone who thinks otherwise is a… Goldfish?

7. Jenna says:

I’m very much looking forward to this! Doesn’t Allison have actual theater experience? That makes a world of difference to me. I did enjoy A Sound of Music; but Carrie was the obvious weak link.

8. roki says:

i cakcle. the poster looks so cheesy it looks like a fanmade, makes me worry about the final product

9. Gloria says:

Every time I see her name I think Anson Williams. He’d probably make a better Peter.

10. Tom says:

Not that I don’t appreciate Allison Williams, I just don’t understand why they continue to insist on casting women as Peter Pan in the modern age

11. TinLV says:

Walken looks amazing as Captain Hook.. Great casting there. Not so sure about the rest of it, the poster or the show.. I watched Mary Martin play Peter Pan on TV ( yes, I know.. my age is showing)….so I have no problem with a female playing pan.. but i have my doubts about this live production. Guess I’ll have to watch to find out.

12. Charles says:

I’m most excited about Christopher Walken. I hope he does some tap dancing. I also hope he appears on SNL as host before December 4th to promote the musical

13. B.Schmidt says:

Why is this lady portraying Peter Pan and not a young lad as it should have been? Could they not find a actor more suitable to play the Pan? Is there no more male actors in Hollywood? May be Whoopy could stand in for Arnold in the next Terminator then.

• Anissa says:

The musical they are using has always cast a woman in the role of Peter. Mary Martin, and Cathy Rigby are the most famous to play Pan (and both were in televised productions as well). So it’s not surprising that they cast a woman for this production. It’s not a matter of not finding the right guy, it’s that traditionally it’s not been a male role.

14. Drewer says:

I just feel like Kristen Bell could have totally pulled this off in a very convincing Mary Martin way, but I just feel like an actual kid or a dude with a higher voice would be more believable then Allison, and what pre-teen boy ever wore fish net shirts.

15. justsomeguy says:

Looks pretty terrible. I still don’t understand why they had a woman play Peter Pan. They couldn’t find a 15-18 year old and actually make it look believable?

16. I’m split. I don’t doubt Allison Williams can pull it off as she is absolutely talented but the casting choice, and now the subsequent poster, don’t have me convinced I’ll be torn out of the whole experience by the fact that we’ve got a fully grown woman playing a boy who never grows up. I guess sometimes you’re all for outside the box until you actually see the results.

Yet I still prefer her casting to that of Carrie Underwood in The Sound of Music.

17. evconvent says:

I think I’m more curious than anything. It was pretty funny reading all the commentary and articles over last year’s debacle. While I don’t want this fail, I am curious to see if it will be better than SoM. If they’re going to continue doing these, I hope they’ll at least be worthwhile.

18. Brigid says:

It looks great and at least the lead can act in this one. I’ll be tuning in.

19. Jack says:

This will do huge in the ratings. People have already made up their mind as to whether or not they like it, and that wont change, but those that have decided to not like it will still tune in (even though they said they wont) to watch what they have decided will be a train wreck.