Orphan Black Season 3 Will Test Clone Club Bonds — Plus: See Who's Back!

Orphan Black Season 3

Production has resumed on Orphan Black, and to mark the occasion BBC America issued an overview for Season 3 — including confirmation of who all is on board for the clone drama’s new run.

RELATED Orphan Black Comic Books to Expand Sci-Fi Series’ World

As shared in BBCA’s press release:

Season 3 plunges the clone sisterhood into unexpected territory with the realization that they’re not alone. Just when they thought they knew their enemies and allies, season three reveals our clones are more vulnerable than ever before. Highly trained, identical male-soldiers raise more questions than answers. Who are these new clones? Who created them? And more importantly, why do they exist? Sarah, Cosima, Alison and Helena are stronger together than they are apart, but this season will put that bond to the test. Will they forge towards their truth, or fall at the feet of those that seek to control them?

VIDEO Orphan Black Cast and Creators Dissect the Clone Dance Party

As far as casting, in addition to Tatiana Maslany, Tatiana Maslany, Tatiana Maslany and Tatiana Maslany, Ari Millen is returning in a lead role, as the newly discovered male clones – including Mark, the Prolethean cult follower, and Rudy, a prisoner of war. Also of note, S, Evelyne Brochu and Michiel Huisman both will return, as Cosima’s scientist lover Delphine and Sarah’s baby daddy Cal.

Of course, Jordan Gavaris, Dylan Bruce, Maria Doyle Kennedy, Kristian Bruun, Skyler Wexler and Kevin Hanchard will reprise their roles as Felix, Hot Paul, Mrs. S, Donnie, Kira and Art, while Zoé De Grand Maison will continue on as Prolethean escapee Gracie.

Orphan Black is shooting in Toronto through March 2015, with an eye on a Spring premiere date.

Orphan Black Cast Talks New Clone, ‘Scary’ Kiss, ‘Badass’ Donnie and More

1. Ed says:

What about Kevin Hanchard as Donnie? Will he be back? Love him and his relationship with Alsion.

2. MattySi. says:

So glad to hear this show is coming back. I must have missed the official renewal announcement.

3. Miranda says:

I prefer the name Big D**k Paul myself to be honest…

4. Olivia says:

I can’t wait! OB is such a great show, it is SO good!

5. origo says:

i’m not really excited about the male clones tbh, since there are already enough characters. i hope the writers don’t mess it up

• ... says:

Yeah, it feels like this show is about to get even more convoluted. And my main criticism from last season is that we got very little clone-on-clone scenes and having this many new clones is going to further limit the number of Tatiana Maslanys we see at one time.

6. Coal says:

I really hope they don’t kill off Cosima, I really like the actress that plays her.

7. GeoDiva says:

Happy dance!

8. Juanqui says:

Will Rachel be back?

9. Well, Cosima is still in the game. So that’s that. I’m happy.
    Though, we are yet to find out if she’s gonna spend the entire season in a hospital bed or at least dragging around an oxygen tank, kicking nerdy butts in D&D-type games.

• dioxinblues says:

I’m also glad Cosima’s coming back but I kinda figured if they didn’t kill her last season – especially after that fake out in the final – then they weren’t going to do it. Thank God.

10. Rick Katze says:

Great show. glad to see that it’s back.

11. Luis says:

What about Vic???

• a2scotty says:

Michael Mando is busy with ‘Better Call Saul’ so maybe he won’t be back. While I liked his acting ability, I hated Vic throughout both seasons (which is partly why I loved his acting, just not the character)

12. Melissa Rasberry says:

As long as they don’t bring back Tranny Toni. That was a disaster. I love Tatiana, but she didn’t pull that off well at all.

13. Kate says:

I’m so glad to hear Michiel is coming back. I’m excited to see more of him interacting with Kira and Sarah now that they’re not on the run anymore.

14. Super excited that Evelyne and Michiel are back too. I really love Delphine and Cal. And I also hope we get to see more of Josh Vokey/Scott!!!

15. Abby says:

I hope they reign in their storytelling a bit as the story got a bit messy last year, I felt, I hope they find something worthwhile for Michiel Huisman to do, and I hope the Emmy’s finally recognize Tatiana Maslany (but for that, the story has to be better…)

16. Dark Defender says:

Thanks for the intel, Matt. Love this show.

17. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Glad to see this article it’s been awhile since the S2 finale I’m really interested about the whole Mark CLONES! I hope the Clone Club will try to stick together DESPITE Helena going missing again by Paul and his Military men!

18. Babybop says:

Any news on whether we’ll see Scott in the new season?

19. Rich Abey says:

Season 3 sounds even more intriguing & wonderful than Season 2 did. While S2 was outstanding, it did not deliver the level of intrigue, mystery & wonder that it should have given the remarkable events taking place. It maybe due to the premise: S2 was the expansion of the Prolethians and Dyad, while S3 deals with the exploration of a male clone army, which does sound a lot cooler than anything we’ve dealt with before.
    So really high expectations for Season 3 and as usual it will be delivered given the following:
    – the outstanding Tatiana Maslany is playing pretty much every significant role,
    – disappointing-bumbling-idiot-turned-awesome-husband Donnie gets more action,
    – Ari Millen continues to impress & weird us out in his expanded roles.

20. dani says:

where’s evelyne brochu :(

21. Joey says:

Any news on if Michelle Forbes will return in S3?

22. Tahonia says:

I’m so glad to hear news of Orphan Black. Now, will Cal — or Kira’s dad whatever his name is–be back? I don’t think he was listed…….