The Walking Dead Taps Horror Story Alum Alexandra Breckenridge

Alexandra Breckenridge on The Walking Dead

Alexandra Breckenridge is about to encounter a different kind of horror story.

The AHS alumna has signed on for a recurring role on The Walking Dead Season 5, with the option to become a series regular, our sister site Deadline reports.

Not many details are available about whom Breckenridge will play — no surprise there! — but it’s likely she’ll portray a a bohemian mother named Samantha, whom the casting breakdown describes as “an attractive, strong, smart, charming and articulate woman who also has a vulnerable side.”

Breckenridge’s TV resume also includes roles on True Blood, Life Unexpected and Dirt.

And in case you hadn’t heard: The zombie drama was renewed for a sixth season, just before its well-rated Season 5 premiere aired Oct. 12.

1. Steven says:

I loved her in Dirt. I was one of the few people who seemed to enjoy that show.

2. L says:

I assume the name is fake and shes probably playing one of the Alexandria people.

3. Sokratis Lakrindis says:

Thats exactly what The Walking Dead needs, another series regular! Please someone get killed off, it is getting tiresome how lucky the main cast is getting now. There hasn’t been a shakeup death now since the end of season 3 (I dont count Hershel as a shocking death in terms of story)

• Ron says:

Hershel’s death may not have been shocking, per se, but he was still a series regular who got killed off. Though I do know what you mean. There are some regulars I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing get killed off, but I would be absolutely crushed if certain regular characters get killed off. That said, I could be completely wrong, but I feel like I heard in passing somewhere that this season was definitely going to have a few deaths with regard to the main cast. But I don’t remember where I heard that, or if I heard it correctly. We shall see.

• L says:

It was from the spoilers on here a few weeks ago… several deaths this season.. they should also be introducing a lot more cast members as they move to a new location in the second half of the season.

4. Heathers says:

I liked her in Dirt too, and AHS.

5. Teag says:

Jessie Anderson?

• L says:

That was my first thought as well.

• Lena says:

Yes. She will be Rick’s love interest so that the writers can officially make Michonne the black mammie of the series. Michonne’s main function now is to babysit Rick’s kids. Instead they should let this woman do it, since she will move in as his great love.

• Tom says:

That’s nonsence. And Michonne can’t be the focus of every episode. Everyone is complaining because she took a back seat to Carol in the season opener. I think you should all go rewatch last season as she was the focus of MANY episodes. Even in the comic she is not front and center all the time.

Remember this is Rick’s story. And to some degree Carl’s. Michonne’s best arc in both formats was The Govenor. And now that story is past.

• Rob says:

Tom, I think that’s what Lena is saying. Michonne no longer has an story arc besides being a mammie. So, why not let this new character who more than likely is jessie Anderson be the babysitter?

6. Abby says:

Don’t think well see her til the Alexandria Safe-Zone

7. Brigid says:

I liked her on Dirt. She’s a good actress and very pretty. Looking forward to meeting her character.

8. Well, there was that one lady Rick met… the one that had a son… and that is so vague that doesn’t count as a spoiler.

• Dutchy Red says:

That’s Jesse Anderson, the abused wife of the guy Rick killed in the AFZ; Rick had to chop her hand off to save Carl cause she wouldn’t let go of Carl as she was getting eaten by Walkers.