Once Upon a Time Photos: It's Date Night, So Rumple Lends Hook a Hand

Season 4, Episode 4"That's right, Swan. Two hands, now. [Wink-wink]"

As foretold at Once Upon a Time‘s New York Comic-Con panel, this Sunday on the ABC series Emma and Hook will go on their first official date — and it appears off to a good start, based on this flurry of photos.

In the episode “The Apprentice,” after Emma asks Hook out on a real first date, the pirate visits Gold to asks for his left hand to be reattached, so that he can embrace his lady with both hands. Alas, magic always comes with a price — so what will it cost the captain? (And what does an old-timey VHS tape have to do with it??)

Also in these photos, I spy Anna and Kristoff together. Did he track her down in Mist Haven? Or is some magical misdirection at play?

1. Tran says:

Jennifer Morrison is smokin’ HOT in that dress.

• Freddie says:

Yes she does, as always
      Getting a grease song in my head right now seeing Emma/Hook in those clothes ;)

I got chills, they’re multiplying
      And I’m losing control
      ‘Cause the power, you’re supplying
      It’s electrifying!

You’re the one that I want

• Stormy says:

Did she time travel back to Donna Reed’s closet?

2. In love says:

Damn, JMo is such a natural beauty, welp

3. Paz says:

Oh my God! I just died.

4. Babybop says:

Thank God he is finally in street clothes. And looking good might I add.

5. Lisa says:

what’s wrong? Hook looks creepy (and very much older than Charming) and Emma seems like a 50s housewife. Totally OCC.

• Katie says:

Really? I think it’s nice that she is willing to show a softer side of herself and finally open herself up to love. Guess I’m just a sap like that :). As for Hook, I don’t think he looks older than normal and I like the new look.

• Kate says:

Yeah, as one not super fond of dresses myself (but understand their use), that style is actually pretty easy and comfortable to wear.

6. Esti says:

All I could think of when I saw the Rumple/Hook pictures is “look, it’s the tenth doctor’s hand!”

7. betty says:

My heart!!
    I can’t believe he’s finally getting a wardrobe change! It’s been 84 years, can’t wait to see the date!!!

8. Ana says:

It is such a freak out on Twitter over the promo pics of Emma and Hook and I love it :)
    They’ve come such a long way since they climbed that beanstalk together.
    I can honestly say that I’ve NEVER seen a better developed love story on tv. Ever.
    No will they won’t they, which seems to be an unwritten law for most tv shows. Instead we get all the important conversations, the growth, right on screen. Not just hinted at. And it’s a beautiful thing and I’m so grateful to Adam and Eddy for going down such a refreshing and rewarding road.

9. Len84 says:

The title makes me laugh lol
    So looking forward to this
    Emma deserves this so much, going on a first date with a man who loves her so deeply and she’s everything to him and she cant lose him too

And there she is with her family too, her parents doing that the first time watching go on a date – Emma Swan deserves this.

Worried for Hook and his hand… i think its temporary thing.

10. Kubrick says:

Getting a Grease sandy/ danny vibe from Hook and Emma.

11. Kate says:

I am glad they are moving this story along, they are very well suited for each other and I could seriously see them having more fun with the fact that Emma grew up in our world so marriage ain’t really a big deal for her and Hook is relatively fine with that (even if it just to avoid a conversation with David or even sadder because neither his brother nor Neal is around to be his best man) but the Charmings and most of the rest of Storybrooke are kind of socially outraged. But the two of them make a good team when they are working on adventures together and they can (obviously Jennifer Morrison can) carry stories on their own apart from each other where you know they are both working toward a similar cause. Of course, I occasionally would like to deal with the fact that a certain amount of the newer characters, or season 2 onward additions, don’t know the modern world at all (Hook and the cell was fun) and how that can be downright funny (I mean, Sleepy Hollow rests on that idea).

I will be disappointed to learn that the main reason it took so long to get Hook’s wardrobe change was that it didn’t occur to them that this was an easy enough switch and not that they were just waiting for this event.

• Len84 says:

I feel like his clothes changing was going always going to be symbolic to what him and Emma are finally together, and him somewhat settling down in SB, because she is his home.

• Kate says:

Awww, that is sweet. I just wonder where on earth they are going, since I heard it wasn’t at Granny’s diner. I don’t know if we have seen any other sort of eating establishment on the show (maybe in a Wonderland flash where Alice briefly went to Storybrooke there is a bar named the White Rabbit) or who on earth runs it (I’m presuming Beauty and Beast characters) since they being two of the very few people who could travel outside of Storybrooke with no reprecussions, but they can’t right now.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Prediction: Cozy Italian restaurant, since I recall the guest cast including “spaghetti man” and “spaghetti woman.” Lady and the Tramp wink, maybe?

• Len84 says:

I’m sensing the same thing here Matt :)

• Kate says:

You know what, I am vaguely remembering some sort of Lady and the Tramp reference from comic con. That bodes well for the date (and while Emma might object to the Lady comparison, Tramp is really kind of who they have turned Hook into, huh?). I mean, it bodes well for the relationship, the date might end in disaster…but I guess we will see if she gets mistaken for someone and captured. Wait, I think I am totally discovering why I don’t know the Disney princess tales the best, Lady and the Trap was actually my favorite movie.

• Gabriela says:

Yeah, but don’t forget that rumple has a price for him and I’m afraid its going to be not a good one.

12. Name That Tune says:

That pink thing they have JMo wearing looks like an ugly castoff from the 1950s.

Fire the costume designer!

• bantoun says:

Eduardo Castro is a brilliant designer and the head of OUAT’s wardrobe department. He designs primarily for the Fairytale half of the show, I believe. I know for a given fact that most, if not all, the Storybrooke outfits are boughten — not made or designed. A lot of the times, (as stated in interviews) the actresses have worn some of their own clothes to set. Other times, it can be a put together wardrobe (purchased) for a given actor/actress. Bit harsh to say someone should be ‘fired’ for one dress people don’t like.

13. E says:

Anna appears to be holding the box that turned into the Sorcerer’s hat.

14. Freddie says:

I kinda feel like Anna and Hook will mirror and parallels in this episode with Rumple
    And Anna/Kristoff and Emma/Hook will parallel

I love that they are going on a date… finally
    Both deserve this and so much more. Love Emma/Hook together <3

15. John NYC says:

Anna had the collapsed Sorcerer’s Apprentice hat in her hands in those pics. Should be fun.

OTOH Rumple keeps spiraling downward with his lies (last ep), I feel bad for Belle.

16. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Hook in street clothes? About freakin time Def. want to see that and he has his other hand back Is that for good or just for their date?

• Len84 says:

I feel like its a one day thing atleast imo temperoru… the episode synopsis says this…
      “The Apprentice” – HOOK DISCOVERS THAT MAGIC ALWAYS COMES WITH A PRICE AFTER HE MAKES A DEAL WITH MR. GOLD TO RE-ATTACH HIS HAND SO THAT HE CAN EMBRACE EMMA WITH BOTH HANDS ON THEIR FIRST REAL DATE

After Emma asks Hook out on a real first date, Hook visits Mr. Gold and asks for his hand to be reattached so that he can embrace her with both hands. But magic always comes with a price.

• Name That Tune says:

Well, if everything goes smoothly for Hook and Emma, where’s the drama?

The show has gotten to be pretty dull
        As it is.

Otherwise they can just get married.

• Len84 says:

Do you really think things are going smoothly for them… they have come long way to get to this point and still holding on, for now im gonna enjoy their progress to being together and enjoying their moments and i love them and i know angst is coming in some form for them which is how this show works on couples… cant wait to see it all :)

• MLPR says:

If Emma doesn’t realize that Hook will have to owe Rumple something when she sees his magically reattached hand, then she’s stupid.

• Nav says:

Rock star look ;) but he looks great

17. Lysh says:

All my OTPs are going on dates! Hopefully this one doesn’t end with an exploding missile like Olicity.

18. Kate says:

Oh, but I totally know what is on that VHS (Rumple killing Zelena), I wonder if no one explained those are really easy to destroy.

19. Luli says:

Anna has the box where Rumple found the hat!!

20. Joey says:

I think I just vomited in my mouth a little bit.

21. NMC says:

I’ve never been so excited about promo pics before! Emma and Killian both look so happy. And, Snow with the camera is so cute. It’s like they are going to prom. Haha.

22. nikichia says:

Seriously are they ever going to change Elsa’s dress? Why aren’t the town folk all like: LADY! You’ve been wearing that for DAYS!!!

23. Mika02 says:

Yeah I hate Hook and Emma together. But JMo looks great. I wish they hadn’t killed Neal though.

24. Stephanie says:

Charmings “Holy Crap” Emma your going in THAT dress face is PRICELESS. And yes!

25. pam says:

There is a lot of female empowerment that is really quite funny. The men in this show don’t stand a chance! Loved Emma telling hook to stay put while she rescues damsel in destress. Snow taking over the town with baby in tow. The queen/mayor having a grand adventure with son. Anna telling krisstoff to stay put. Emma calling the shots with everone. God I love this show

26. Nav says:

Emma (my fave since the start) is so beautiful well Jennifer Morrison ; ) but you know just following and knowing how Emma is thats what makes Emma even more beautiful.
    Hook/Killian so sexy and wonderful – love his character… he is just so wonderful to Swan and thats what I love about him and them, that he sees and loves Emma how she is and will do anything for her and she can’t lose him just as he can’t lose her.
    Both look so beautiful and I can’t wait to see this date and how they will be and her parents and new bestie Elsa and her parents getting to experience their daughter going on a date :)

27. Lauren says:

Good to see Gaston back.

28. Lies says:

they look amazing! can’t wait for hook in his clothes he is such a prince handsome.

29. Jake says:

So Rumple kept the hand with his other “collectables”? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since he is The Dark One, but it’s really freaky/creepy. I just assumed Rumple was going to magically recreate the hand, not have it in a jar….

30. Erika says:

Nice article title. hahahaha….

31. GRANT says:

I’M IN LOVE WITH CAPTAIN SWAN

32. GRANT says:

DOES ANYBODY ELSE
    FIND IT CREEPY THAT RUMPLE HAS HOOKS HAND IN A JAR

33. GRANT says:

i want to see charming reaction to there date

34. GRANT says:

my question is where does hook sleep does that ever cross you’r mind

35. I love the look of the new Emma. You would think Hook would enjoy the less reserved Emma. She is beautiful now and much thiner. He is absolutely gorgeous and needs a sexy woman, instead of a frigid prude who treats him like a child.

36. Grant, I wondered where Hook lived as well, but then realized after losing the Jolly Roger, he is living at Granny’s B&B. I do still wonder what he uses for transportation. Do the writers think we don’t notice these things. Also they never eat. Lol