Ratings: Jane the Virgin Bests Beast, The Blacklist Rises, Gotham Dips

The Blacklist- Season 2

The CW’s Jane the Virgin “scored” on Monday night, premiering to 1.63 million total viewers and a 0.6 rating — building on The Originals‘ audience and doubling Beauty and the Beast’s year-ago demo delivery in the time slot (900K/0.3).

Jane in fact gave The CW its largest Mondays-at-9 audience since February 2012. TVLine readers assigned the new dramedy an average grade  of “B+.”

Opening the night, The Originals (1.3 mil/0.7) matched its season opener. All told, The CW enjoyed its most watched Monday in nearly three years.

Elsewhere….

CBS | The Big Bang Theory (15.6 mil/4.6) ticked up a tenth, while Scorpion (11.5 mil/2.4) dipped a tenth. NCIS: LA (9.1 mil/1.6) added some eyeballs while flat in the demo.

NBC | The Voice (13 mil/3.9) and The Blacklist (9.8 mil/2.8) both added two tenths week-to-week.

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (12.5 mil/1.9) was flat, while Castle (9.3 mil/2.0) shed a few eyeballs but held steady in the demo.

FOX | Gotham (6.2 mil/2.4) ticked down a tenth, while Sleepy Hollow (4.8 mil/1.7) was steady.

1. ruahticsn says:

Yay we went up a bit!!

2. Babybop says:

Go Sleepy Hollow! Steady is better than losing!

3. origo says:

is jane the virgin really that good? i’m really surprised that the ratings is decent enough

4. Mike says:

Finally a night where everything was stable and nothing collapsed.

5. Kay says:

Monday nights are great! Jane The Virgin was hilarious and very, very enjoyable. The Blacklist is always awesome, and Sleepy Hollow is extremely entertaining. Gotham is so good too.

6. sandy says:

Yeah ! Gladfior Sleepy Hollow ! 0.6 for Jane the Virgin ? With all this promo ? She was on every talk show ! Guess CW is not satisfied

7. Sam says:

Castle! 12 seasons and a movie? Such a great show!

8. Cas says:

I really like Gotham. I wish more people would watch it. :(

9. ... says:

CW was pre-empted in St. Louis, so both Originals and Jane could go down a tenth or more.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Extremely true. TVLine will of course keep everyone posted every step of the way!

• Angela says:

I also know there were bad storms down in the southeastern U.S. last night that knocked out power for some residents, so that could factor into ratings as well.

10. herman1959 says:

I really enjoyed last night’s episode of The Blacklist, and we seem to be getting somewhere on the Liz/Red story. We learned that Red’s ex knew about “Elizabeth” and that her daughter’s name is Jennifer – OK, mere crumbs, but I’ll take them.

• Katherine215 says:

I love The Blacklist, but I do wish that storyline was going a tiny bit faster. And after Liz’s story to the doctor, Tom’s gotta be the one in the locked room, right?

• RReg says:

I don’t see how Tom could be in that room. I’m more inclined to think it’s a room filled with documents or objects/furniture etc…

• Katherine215 says:

Why would she be so weird about it, though? She’s got her info wall in her motel room so wouldn’t she want documents all together? I really think when the Mossad agent (I forget her name) made that bet about Liz telling the truth about her crazy when talking to the doctor, it was meant for us to realize that Liz is a little unbalanced and possibly keeping Tom locked up. Just my opinion, obviously, but I can’t see why else she’d be so secretive/creepy about it.

• herman1959 says:

I think I zoned out a little during that exchange; I’ll rewatch and repost.

11. Ally Oop says:

Me too. Both shows are so different but I’m a fan of both romantic comedies and supernatural so the pairing works for me.

12. Name That Tune says:

Oddly, The Blacklist has become my favorite show.

13. V.B. says:

It’s nice to see that everyone did pretty nice last night-ratings-wise. BBT was hilarious. And I’m glad he’s still writing the vanity cards. I was meaning to write that last week, but forgot. The one this week was pretty funny. “Castle” and “The Blacklist” we’re both wins, also.

14. RedReddington says:

I’m so glad The Blacklist is finally moving away from the daddy question and giving more definite clues that he’s not her father, so now we can move on to better and more interesting things. Like what is Liza hiding?

15. Ron says:

Why aren’t more people watching Sleepy Hollow? Not that Gotham is a dreadful show, but Sleepy Hollow is 20 times better.

16. Gala says:

Maybe if Bella and Bestiale had given the same promotion as Jean The Virgin, the ratings would have been better.
    To compare fairly, we should also see how the demos would be if the VIrgin Jean will premiere a day earlier in Canada.

17. MARY says:

The comparisons are awful, especially when the shows are so different! Beauty and the beast would have better numbers if CW would do a better promotion and press tour as it does with other series. BATB has a great cast and great producers, it’s not fair!