Exclusive

The Good Wife Extended Sneak Peek: Alicia Vs. Elsbeth!

Loading video...

Penguins and roaches and Elsbeth, oh my!

Next week’s installment of The Good Wife (10/9c on CBS) will test even the most ardent fan’s allegiances, as Julianna Margulies’ titular protagonist goes up against everybody’s favorite scene stealer, Elsbeth Tascioni (Emmy winner Carrie Preston).

You may have already seen the Episode 5 preview that followed the east-coast airing of tonight’s jaw-dropping, dramatic, and often hilarious hour, but we’ve got an extended, exclusive trailer with additional bonus footage.

Press PLAY to watch the whole enchilada, then hit the comments with your thoughts. And check back at TVLine in about an hour for a full recap of “Oppo Research.”

1. V.B. says:

Looks enticing. I can’t help but root for Elsbeth-she’s so awesome. Also, the long, white wall of the “back room” reminded me of the hallway in the pilot where Alicia slapped Peter. I’m interested to see that conversation.

2. sladewilson says:

Diane’s scream was point on and hilarious. I can’t wait to see Alicia square off against Elsbeth. BTW – tonight’s episode was oh so good….

3. abz says:

Tonight’s episode was perfection. I’m literally running out of things to comment about week after week and keep saying the same things over and over. In the many TV shows I have watched, not a single one IMO can reach the brilliance of this show. The acting, the directing, the writing!!
    That promo looks so good. So glad to see Carrie Preston’s talents being put to MUCH better use than they ever were on True Blood. It’s gonna be interesting to see Elsbeth and Alicia and opposite sides. I wanna root for both, but even though I love Alicia, I gotta root for Elsbeth. I have such a soft spot for her.
    And LOL Diane’s scream is killing me. Gotta rewatch it.

4. Aaron says:

Kinda evil for Alicia to use fliers about penguins to distract Elsbeth

5. JAO says:

This show keeps getting better each. Kudos to the writers & actors!

6. Sandy Lynn Stevens says:

I may be in the minority but I am hating what they are doing to the Elsbeth character. In previous episodes she was very quirky but brilliant.I saw future spin-off material. Now they are making the character to be just plain stupid – able to be derailed by pictures of penguins???!!! Come on, really? Not to mention distraction by opposing council. Very disappointed.