Unforgettable Cancelled by CBS

Unforgettable_duo_dw

No mystery here: CBS’ crime drama Unforgettable won’t be returning for a fourth season.

RELATED 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

The network officially confirmed the news Friday, following the end of the drama’s third season on Sept. 14.

CBS famously cancelled the Poppy Montgomery procedural after its first season, only to reverse course and renew it for a second season.

RELATED Reckless Cancelled at CBS

The two-hour closer drew 6 million viewers and a 1.0 demo rating.

Will you miss Unforgettable? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the series’ cancellation below.

1. Moment says:

Genuinely shocked by this, I’m not a fan but thought it stood a chance of coming back. I guess CBS and Sony couldn’t work something out. Shame.

• nana says:

I am not surprised! 1st pregnancy she took a year off and now with 2nd child another year! So who would want to wait for this to come back on! She is not a reliable actress. Other actress have worked through their pregnancies with stunt doubles!!!

• Sue Houts says:

Omg I am so not liking any shows out loud because some fool thinks they need to cancel! I loved Reckless and hope TNT or lifetime picks it up and unforgettable was one of those also I hope gets picked up by a station with better taste…and to nana she did work though the last one at least. Talk show had her on and she explained how they hide the pregnant lady… not sure about the first show she was with child but the second according to her and the show she worked

• chandelier says:

Poppy was on “Without A Trace” during her first pregnancy and and they wrote it in the storyline.

• To cancel unforgettable is stupid. I loved that show. CBS is stupid network that is great for canceling goog shows and renewing the shows. There are only 2 shows left on cabs that I watch

• Seriously I loved the show !!! It was a safe bet it would be interesting and entertaining with no crap you can’t watch. Get a GRIP I am so sick of these cancelled shows who decides this I guess someone who does not watch…

• Laura C says:

Gee, maybe she just wants time off, or maybe this pregnancy is harder than her first. Whatever her reason, it is HER decision and she is no less because she puts her pregnancy/life FIRST.

• Karen Rossmo says:

Hi Laura
            Obviously you haven’t heard the GOOD NEWS .. UNFORGETTABLE has been picked up by A&E … This announcement came about 2 months ago. No date when it will start ….

• Karen Rossmo says:

I may of posted the comment to else thst UNFORGETTABLE has been lucked up by A&E but obviously Laura doesn’t know … That’s why I am telling her. What’s wrong in telling all the fans that it’s been picked up by another network, so they can be happy again .. So please post this to Laura .. Thanks

• irishcornaire says:

Have ye thought maybe her doctor told her not too,we dont know if her pregnancies were normal enough for her to be on her feet 16 to 18 hours a day!

• Paulette says:

Couldnt they write her out for a few shows? The studios dont make but afew at a time or send her somewhere and just cameo shots? Thats been done in the past. NO….as I’ve said BEFORE, they just wanted it off because it was a decent show

• cindy says:

Why can`t they leave our shows alone I get interested in one and they cancel I`m about to drop tv shows all together and go to watching movies what a joke

2. debbie says:

Yes I will miss “Forgettable” I enjoyed the show. It had a good rating, for summer shows, why cancel it.

• Rob says:

1.0 is not a good rating for CBS when you look at everything else, even off season.

• Moment says:

The 18-49 was only marginally lower than CBS Friday shows, and during the Summer the expectations by networks is lower. After 48 episodes, they had nothing to lose bringing it back to try and get it to 88. It was also pretty stable in overall viewers.

• Linda Levesque says:

You still don’t want other networks stealing your viewers because they have something better in this time slot! Be smart. Leave the show on the air.

• Kathi Brill says:

Unforgettable!! I am sure that you meant that..

• Phillip says:

Come on CBS, not Unforgettable!!! Cancel one of your stupid Sex-coms instead!!!

• Patty Sanderson says:

Loved Unforgettable and Loved Poppy Montgomery! I would find this show wherever they stuck it. It did have great summer ratings and I was so excited. I am so tired of these lame comedies and reality shows. Bring this show back!

• Will Jones says:

I totally agree ~ these reality shows and comedy shows are getting to be overwhelming and I really don’t care for most of them. I find myself watching less and less network TV (ABC, CBS, NBC) and more of the other cable stations. But, one network show that I will definitely miss is “Unforgettable.”

3. I hate this! It was just getting good!. I want to know about Carrie’s husband

4. Trish says:

Poppy Montgomery seemed sloppy and unfocused this time around. Different vibe with the cast, too. It doesn’t even bother me that this was a female-led show, which usually would concern me. If CBS makes the wise decision of keeping “Madam Secretary” and promotes “Mom” better, that would make me a happy camper. Will “Unforgettable” be missed? I’m sorry – what? ;)

5. Ken Brown says:

yes I will. it was a great show

• Sanford Beckler says:

It’s one of the few intelligent/creative shows when it comes to a detective type solve the crime type show. I love the way she remembers the little things or surroundings and clues in on the real murderer. Oh well, another excellent show bites the dust. What’s with CBS? Or what?

6. tp1943 says:

Darn. CBS just cannot set a consistent place in the schedule. Just look at the lousy fall schedule

• Terry says:

I agree! The schedule for this season is crazy! They’ve moved all my favorite shows all over the place, no wonder several of them are losing ratings you can’t find them! Personally I enjoyed Unforgettable & will miss it, although I will agree that Poppy Montgomery seemed a bit unfocused this season. Was her or the writers?

7. I cannot believe they cancelled Unbelieveable!! And they keep shows that do not make no sense.

8. Peter Panic says:

Kind of shocked that it was cancelled but, not saddened by it. It really hasn’t been the same since it came back from the first cancellation. They just blew off the dead sister storyline. The cases have been kind of weak and as someone else noted the acting on the show seemed sloppy. It really came across as them phoning it in.

• Karma Grant says:

I agree. I stopped watching after season 2. My dvr recorded the 3rd season, I just never watched it and ended up deleting it. Couldn’t get into it like I did the first season.

• Alex Ball says:

I’ll definitely miss it. I really loved the cast. BUT, like you said, they just dropped the whole dead sister storyline. It was a huge B plot all of season 1 and it was never mentioned again.

9. Les brooks says:

I loved the show. Poppy is terrific. CBS stinks

10. Zoe says:

Really loved this, quite upset…

11. Moment says:

Worth noting it has also been canceled and uncancelled by CBS before. Maybe this could happen again lol.

12. DD says:

I’m so disappointed – it was a great show and seemed to get good ratings. Wish they would change their mind about canceling.

13. Kansas Kruiser says:

Really, really liked this show. Smart writing, great character chemistry. I’m awfully disappointed with CBS.

14. Jo Ann Buckner says:

Again??!! Why; I liked the show. CBS keeps cancelling good shows and bringing out stupid so-called comedies and “reality-NOT” shows.

15. joe says:

I am not surprised.

16. My husband and I are sorry to see Unforgettable leave that was one 0f the programs we enjoyed please think about bringing it back again. We are shocked.

17. Two of my favorites being cancelled….only to have some off the wall shows….always other networks !!!!

18. Jason says:

Did they cancel Reckless, too??

19. tracy says:

Too bad Unforgettable is cancelled. It was one of the very few shows that I turn the TV on for.

20. Fred says:

this sucks, what is going on with the pulling the good shows off the air. I can’t believe the crap they keep on tv. That’s it the big screen will only be used for sporting events.

21. TV Gord says:

So, they MEAN it, this time? While I will miss the show, I hope Poppy lands in a good role on another show soon.

22. Sharon says:

I will definitely miss Unforgettable. I loved the show from the very first episode. It was truly a different style of drama show, not overly gruesome, had it comedic moments too.

23. Kymberlie says:

I genuinely think it’s an injustice that the writes couldn’t write something new for a male/female colleague however such is to be expected I suppose x

24. Barbara says:

How come all the quality shows get cancelled.

25. Josephine says:

I am so sorry to see two of my favorites shows being canceled .Very disappointed!!!!!!

26. Not surprised CBS has to make more room for Golf and more reality based garbage

27. Terri says:

Unforgettable was the only thing that cubs had going for it. Oh well.

28. Sophie says:

I do not understand why you have cancelled this show. It is one of the best shows on TV. I love Poppy Montgomery and I am going to miss this show. I hope another channel picks it up. It is based on Marilu Henner who actually has the power of recall and it makes it much more interesting. What is wrong with this CBS that you cannot keep a great show on?

• Peter Panic says:

It’s not based on Marilu Henner. It’s based on a story called The Rememberer. Henner just happens to have the same recall thing that the main character in this show does.

29. I will miss this show I liked it very much. I am shocked I thought it was a very good show

30. Tran says:

Unforgettable will always be…forgotten. Hope CBS would have second thoughts about it and who knew at first it was canceled after Season One ends and then came back from the cancellation graveyard. Guess CBS will always “forgive” themselves of what they been through.

31. d282 says:

I just read on TV Line that Unforgettable is being cancelled. I am so disappointed. I really liked that show. It was doing so well. I wonder why they are cancelling it. I am going to miss it. Deborah K.

32. Barry says:

Cancel Unforgettable, incredible — NOT!!! Well CBS, at least make sure you keep Big Brother around for my summer entertainment — it always keeps me doing other things that require a little more intellectual horsepower. Julie Chen — LOL — nepotisim is apparently doing well at CBS, huh Julie. Who needs talent when you can marry “the man?”

33. Grey says:

I think this got cancelled at the expense of “Extant.” I know CBS is supposedly making money off of “Extant” via interantional sales and an Amazon deal but it still seems fishy that this gets cancelled and “Extant” doesn’t. And I’m not even a fan of “Unforgettable. :-|

• Cory says:

Because with the deals they have for it it’s as cheap or even cheaper than most of their reality programming, supposedly, and therefore the profit margin for them is undoubtedly higher.

I enjoyed Extant very much and I’m glad it’s coming back.

• Daisy Day says:

Extant is not cancelled? It’s even worse than the new Debra Messing show!! Can’t believe the kept Extant and cancelled these two shows. Extant is the worst TV show ever.

• Patty Sanderson says:

And I can’t stand “Extant” …Bring back “Unforgettable”!!!!

34. Globusy55 says:

I love this show. Figures all the shows I like get cancelled

• The Owl says:

Me to,also Longmier was cancelled by A&E

• lsperling says:

I was very disappointed A&E cancelled Longmire. Would be nice if CBS would pick it up and air it in place of Unforgettable. There’s talk Netflix will pick up Longmire, but I’m not spending another dime to watch TV.

• chandelier says:

Amen! So tired of my shows being canceled that I like for stupid shows like “Utopia” and is ‘Survivor” going to be on until doomsday..please take that off the air.

• mel0329 says:

After 29 seasons Survivor is still in the top 25 most watched shows on network TV for the week. It’s getting almost 10 million viewers, and a 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demo. Just because you don’t care for it you think it should be off the air? What an ego.

• Barry says:

I completely agree with your assessment regarding Survivor’s obvious success, even though I personally find it boring, uninteresting and waste of my time. And that’s OK — this is a big country and I have options — plenty of options — and I have no problem watching something else or even better, reading a good book.

But please, if you can, explain why Big Brother has lasted. Do you really think Julie Chen would still be on the air if it wasn’t for who her husband is? Seriously, I would find a “yes” to this rhetorical question of mine absolutely laughable.

I look forward to your candid response.

35. The Owl says:

One of the better shows on TV. A mixture of “who done it” & a little bit comedy sarcasm. Surprised at C.B.S. But then again they’ll probely keep the silly Madam Secretart !!!

36. Prus says:

A very good show. Time slot and day killed it. It will be mussed.

37. Han says:

Damn love this show :(

38. Joel says:

I liked unforgettable I have no idea why Under the Domb is so popular .Has anyone watched Stalker? I guess everyone has their own taste in TV shows

39. Becky says:

I loved both Reckless and Unforgettable and am very upset that they cancelled both of these shows! For summer programs, I think they had decent numbers. I feel like CBS does not really care what the viewers want.

40. James says:

Yeah, right. I’ve heard THAT one before…

41. Glen Williams says:

Yes, I watched

42. cdhaskell says:

I am sorry that Unforgettable was cancel. I still hope that the producer will get another channel to pick the series. I must now save my money to buy the Unforgettable complete series on DVD and have marathan anytime that I wanted.

43. Carm says:

CBS is starting to really piss me off. No wonder ABC is kicking ur ass. Quit fu……. Moving these shows around and maybe u would have more loyal viewers. Quit playing musical chairs with these really good shows and get rid of dumb shows like the Dome or something. Just like Reckless u guys didn’t even give it a chance. Wake up Les.

• Fran says:

It had three seasons- that’s certainly giving it a chance. I’ll miss it, but most shows don’t get that lucky.

• Patty Sanderson says:

They didn’t give it a chance, they kept moving it around and loyal viewers couldn’t find them. Every time I hear it was going to be on, I jotted down a note and then I’d make sure to find it. I will miss this show and the grace of “Poppy”.

• Fran says:

Yes, they moved it around but if you’re truly a loyal viewer, you’ll make the time to find out when it is on. More than likely the show lost the casual viewers with the changes. Either way, it still had three seasons! That can’t be denied and many, many shows never see that. Try watching numerous shows that get canceled after 1 season. I’m just trying to be rational here and be thankful for the 3 seasons we did get.

44. stickbmak says:

Reckless now this..Good Wife is only CBS show that I am gonna watch. The others might get cancelled.

45. Moneca says:

I will miss Unforgettable. I enjoyed it a great deal and was thrilled when CBS brought it back.

46. Meredith E. says:

Noooooo!

47. Linda Davis says:

You want one word on how I feel about the cancellation of Unforgettable and Reckless……………..I’m too much of a lady to say it. But I’m very disappointed.
    I really love both of those shows……….BOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

48. Linda says:

I really enjoyed the show, even more so after the setting switched to NY because it gave rise to addditional storylines by using tech to help the Carrie character solve crimes. I think Poppy Montgomery is talented and the show was hip and moved at a good pace.

49. S says:

I’m so upset, I love this show! I watch every week, even when CBS decided to change up the days on me. Poppy Montgomery and Dylan Walsh have amazing chemistry and made it so fun to watch, and with the revamp the supporting cast became so strong. Please move to cable or Netflix!!!!

• Cee Cee says:

Yes love the show,one of the best ever. I always set dvr don’t miss it,please reconsider. there are so many other shows that are so not deserving of being on television such as those naked reality shows,i would trade those in a heart beat if it would keep this show on. Anyone can watch it as well,come on reconsider. Please.